A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Delicon20
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 16, 2017 03:25 AM
Interests: long walks on the beach and romantic boat rides under the full moon
Your Age: I'd tell, but then I'd have to kill you (with kindness)
What Games do you play: The game of life, and i got the new high score yo!
Still here. Still loves bacon

Post Statistics
Delicon20 has contributed to 3483 posts out of 464311 total posts (.75%) in 3,305 days (1.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 16, 2017 03:25 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
hi

Yo

Silver!

And away!!

...what? Someone had to finish it!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMTSPV3 Released! Jun 29, 2016 03:06 PM (Total replies: 156)

-Wonders why he doesn't traverse this site anymore
-Visits SPV3 release thread
-Gets cancer
-Types Spv3's Reddit URL into address bar
-Lives happily ever after until a week from now when I start chemo therapy

Seriously if anyone has any illusions that this site HASN'T degraded into a toxic cesspool of negativity and hate mongering almost worse than the likes of Tumblr in the past 8 years, then I want whatever you're smoking. Because that is some dank, dank kush.

Great mod tho. Might rekindle my love for modding which burned out due to technical issues with my computer and the sheer frustration associated with it. Pretty stoked. Toodles!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 17, 2016 07:26 PM (Total replies: 12103)

I like that on halomaps we discuss the issues that matter.

Oh wait.

It seems like every time I visit this forum for updates the ever-dwindling community is mucking up threads with some mundane "controversy" (If one could even logically call it that). No wonder CMT posts less and less content here. Working the Halomaps community with keyboard charisma for hours just to attempt to fish out any relevant/useful criticism or feedback from the cesspool of flame wars that erupt any time there's an update doesn't really seem worth the wrinkles and hair loss that result from it. At least with most modern internet outlets the most relevant feedback will sometimes float to the surface via up-votes, here you literally have to go to war with the entire forum and constantly attempt to re-earn their favor just for scuffing their virtual shoes.
And this is overall disappointing because if we aren't going to be a stable community for the few remaining Halo CE modders and modding teams to lean on, who the hell will?

TL;DR- Don't get triggered as easily and maybe CMT would post updates here more often. Or even maybe just don't get triggered as easily in general, just simply for the sake of not being cancerous to the community.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 - Sanghelios campaign gameplay Oct 12, 2015 01:20 PM (Total replies: 208)

Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx
Also, is that a brute at 1:45? Or the Arbiter? I can't seem to figure out.

Probably the Arbiter. You can see an energy sword for a few frames there.

The Arbiter uses the Prophet's Bane, not a regular energy sword. Could still be him though.

It doesn't really look at all like a brute to me. I honestly thought it was some sort of special jackal unit at first, but now I'm theorizing it's some sort of unique elite character that isn't the Arbiter. I doubt a jackal could throw around an elite like that, but then again we see a jackal tackle an elite major at a later point in the trailer soo...

Screw it. It's a flipping unicorn.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 - Sanghelios campaign gameplay Oct 3, 2015 09:19 PM (Total replies: 208)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Perks, killstreaks and sprint have affected the core. So the core which is balanced equal starts, not getting an extra weapon or boost to kill even more bad guys when you're already on a killing spree. Oh, and useless Promethean weapons too.

If you don't find that changing the core then what does?

You've clearly never used the incineration cannon before

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 - Sanghelios campaign gameplay Sep 16, 2015 03:57 PM (Total replies: 208)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I accept that some of you like smashing through rocks.
I too, once enjoyed rock smash. I believe my Sandshrew was quite good at it.

I was always afraid to attempt to teach my geodude rock smash for fear that moh's hardness scale would come into effect and the move would backfire.

Especially if I were up against steelix, that's just not fair!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 25, 2015 11:03 PM (Total replies: 12103)

OP Mortar/Needle Shades?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 9, 2015 01:02 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Terminals would be great if they told some sort of separate underlying story that really added to the game.

ODST was a pretty good example of this. I found all the terminals on my first playthrough, and the story made the game much more enjoyable and rewarded exploration.

It would also give you guys a chance to give some unknown freelance writer(s) a shoutout if you recruited someone of the sort to handle the terminals. Attempting to help move some person(s)' career(s) forward, however slightly, is never a bad thing.

Or at least that's my thinking on this.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 4, 2015 01:18 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Apologies if this has been addressed already but... The reasoning for SPV3 not using DLMs is...?

Remember how long it took B30:E's lightmaps to render?

Now imagine doing that across 10, multi-bsp'd maps. We'd be lucky if we saw a release before 2020.

Or at least, that's how I understand it.
Edited by Delicon20 on Mar 4, 2015 at 01:19 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Today I learned: How to read a compass.

This made me erupt with laughter at one in the morning. For that, I thank you.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 3, 2015 06:38 PM (Total replies: 12103)

I feel like spv3 will have its own 'wow factor' courtesy of the fact that it's a full length campaign mod. Everything will feel more or less "refreshed" rather than original, and that's perfectly fine for a campaign mod. There's also quite a lack of assets and features in b30:E compared to what masters has shown us with spv3, with AA's, skirmishers, Vehicle EMP'ing, and quite a few new weapons all being absent from B30:E, to name a few.

I don't think there's any reason to be less hyped about spv3 as a whole, but that's just me. The only real thing I'm a little less hyped about is the visuals, as spv3 will likely be lacking DLM's and have messier looking vanilla bsps.

Just played through it, and I'm happy to say that the level definitely lived up to the hype. The DLM's made the interior areas look absolutely gorgeous, even with the lackluster vanilla-esque forerunner textures. The gameplay on heroic was great, and there were quite a few memorable encounters. Even the encounters that seemed unfair at first could be resolved with a little ingenuity and resourcefulness thanks to the all the resources and extra routes and passages that littered every encounter. My favorite by far was the cartographer room encounter, as it felt like something ripped straight out the Halo 2 era Bungie's playbook. The first hunter encounter was a close second, as I was very unprepared for them and took the side ramp up to the second level in a desperate attempt to escape them. When I heard the gravity left begin to ferry the hunters back up to the second floor, I found myself shouting some colorful profanity to myself in shock and dismay.

I honestly have very few complaints about this level. I absolutely loved it. Congratulations to the Evolved Team.

It's so nice to finally have an official CMT release after all this time. I've been waiting for a completed project from the team since '07, and now my dormant inner ten year old cmt fanboy is going absolutely nuts.

didnt yoko or somebody do the evade thing for their elite tags? You'd crouch, press walk, and the elite would evade in the desired direction.
Edited by Delicon20 on Jan 29, 2015 at 08:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Merry Christmas Everyone Dec 24, 2014 10:56 PM (Total replies: 75)

Well, if we have to be PC about this:

Happy non-denominational holidays to those who celebrate such things, and well wishes to those that do not celebrate these particular seasonal holidays.

That's how you appease the internet folks, Merry flipping Christmas! (damn I was so close!)

Halo CE General Discussion » Think Twice before pre-ordering Halo 5 Dec 6, 2014 01:09 PM (Total replies: 64)

I'm with Masters on this one for sure. I've been playing the hell out of MCC whenever I can since day one, and if it was really as broken as everyone says it was, then I wouldn't already be over 1000 kills in multiplayer (and that's during the little amount of time I actually have to play the game, with schooling, work, and personal relationships occupying most of my time). I've definitely earned my money's worth more so from post week 1 MCC than I have with Destiny or most other games released this year.

Sure they had issues at first, and there's no excuse for it, but as long as I feel like I've earned my sixty bucks back at some point by being entertained by a game, then I will continue to support the franchise.

I definitely think this whole situation has been over dramatized by the gaming community, and from my experience MCC is great fun on both the multiplayer and singleplayer side of things, but none of that is going to impact my decision to buy halo 5. If the game looks really good I'm probably going to pre order it and buy it day one. If it doesn't look amazing I'll wait awhile then buy it. And if it looks horrible I likely won't play it. But all of that is my business, as it's my money, and nobody is going to convince me that it's wrong for me to spend my own hard earned cash on what I want to spend it on just because a game was bugged for a week and half.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 5, 2014 07:24 PM (Total replies: 12103)

I think Masterz stated in the past that he wanted to go more along the lines of what Bungie had envisioned for the flood faction before/during Halo 1's development, rather than making the flood look, feel, and play like the flood as it came to be in later, more modern halo games. He also said he'd rather have the flood be enjoyable to fight from a gameplay stand point rather than trying to make them scary. Not completely the road I'd take if I were at the helm of this mod, but that's just me.

Besides, considering CMT is remodeling everything from scratch, I imagine regardless of their design focus pertaining to the flood, they'll probably come out looking absolutely badass no matter what (and one can hope they will utilize the multiple damage permutations that OS allows for to make flood a lot more destructible)

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 3, 2014 11:27 PM (Total replies: 12103)

If I may input my own opinion, I think maybe breaking some of the rar releases into subcategories could help curb the issue of people having to download entire tagsets fort only a few tags. For instance, I think a release containing only CMT's new effects and particles would be very useful. Individual files containing only weapons, characters, etc. would be much more appealing than releasing pretty much everything in one fell swoop. (you could even go as far as releasing tagsets containing only human weapons or covenant weapons, if you were willing to exert the effort required to organize such a specific tagset). I feel that it'd be a happy medium between having to rip tags that might not even work correctly after extracted, and downloading a hugeass file containing nearly all of cmt's tags. It'd require a bit more effort, but I feel people would really appreciate the organization and ease of access that individual sub-tagsets could provide.

Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian
Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood
Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Perhaps this would be an awful time to confess I have only ever played two CMT campaign levels and they were both from spv2......

That nothing to be ashamed of.

It's pretty shameful.
How so?

he never played CMT SPV1

Shame to he and his family

I think the new Yonhet aliens that have been shown in Nightfall are probably the laziest and most unnecessary additions to the Halo universe ever. The lore surrounding them is lazily written, their physical design is pathetic (seriously, an alien with human proportions but a different head thrown on top? What the hell is this, Star Trek? Forerunners should be the only aliens in this universe to have human-like physical design.)

Their random introduction and implementation left such a bad taste in my mouth that I could hardly enjoy the rest of the episode. I almost had to scrub my mouth out with soap after it was all said and done

Welcome to CE, where we can have high res textures, normal mapping on objects, post processing, and even directed lightmaps, but bumped glass is out of the question

Edited by Delicon20 on Nov 4, 2014 at 09:12 PM

Time: Fri October 20, 2017 4:55 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website