A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: black doom
About Contact
Last Post: May 26, 2010 08:00 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
we will never stop, we can win the "impossible"

Post Statistics
black doom has contributed to 891 posts out of 461590 total posts (.19%) in 3,100 days (.29 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? May 26, 2010 08:00 AM (Total replies: 99)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: xsnoder

Question, What is in the scene? is it just your basic map? box map? Do you have anything imported into it? did you forget to delete any leftover models?
Sometimes if I import a model into my scene, I forget to delete the parts of the model I am not going to use,, like a node or something. That is why I say check the sky box. Look for anything eles. that says frame. delete them all. Now make another box, sphere whatever you make a frame from and "RELINK YOUR LEVEL TO THE FRAME NOT THE OTER WAY" AROUNDSomething like this. Don't confuse the scene with other frames or left over pieces of scenery somewhere. If all eles fails do it over and try agian
Poat the 3ds file so someone can take a look at it.
Edited by xsnoder on May 25, 2010 at 09:01 AM

All there is on the entire map is a Bloodgulch and A Infinity both I ripped and imported, and a frame box.
That's it.
That's all that is there.
Nothing else.

-Skipdrow

you should of told us you had the infinity map there too. convert both to editable mesh and attach them to the frame box.
Edited by black doom on May 26, 2010 at 08:01 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » hce and hpc issue May 25, 2010 08:20 AM (Total replies: 6)

no need to load a custom chat box i think, i remember i had that happen to me when i accidentally loaded halo custom edition on safe mode, though it could be also you pressed a key that disables the chat (dont remember what that key was).

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Salvo is GIVING CREDIT + Progress May 25, 2010 08:13 AM (Total replies: 15)

so basically you take stuff made by others and improve the stuff for them?

Halo CE General Discussion » Some Questions.... May 24, 2010 01:53 PM (Total replies: 2)

for the first, you cant but you can try to script it, but it wont look the same as you intended

for the second, no, but you can always spawn a biped that looks the same as your character and kill it.

Quote: --- Original message by: R Blaze
Your lightmap is corrupt. If the BSP is unmodified, re-rip it; if it's custom, re-run radiosity. You may also want to re-learn AI, as well.

lightmap? you mean bitmap. extract the bitmap with hek+ from the bloodgulch.map you got.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Anyone know where or how i can get these? May 24, 2010 10:07 AM (Total replies: 15)

for the flood infection and carrier, try run a map with sapien that has these and then copy the lastest entry in the debug.txt in the halo ce root directory, also you should try redownloading a map that has these like d40, extract them with hek+ and make it overwrite these files.

Halo CE General Discussion » post pics of your hunters here May 22, 2010 07:32 AM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo

hey advancebo how to you color the hunters? i want to make a shiny golden hunter but i dont know how.

Halo CE General Discussion » Ideklite Community May 22, 2010 07:20 AM (Total replies: 59)

i cant tell if you are trolling or not.. im not sure how kettles power the whole planet...

Halo CE General Discussion » custom edition single player for vista May 22, 2010 07:15 AM (Total replies: 6)

i dont get it. do you really need all this mess?

1. make a short cut to halo ce

2. right click it and select "properties"

3. in the target, type -console after the link

4. run halo ce from the shortcut

5. press on the "~" button and type map_name singleplayermapname

6. enjoy playing the map

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » decals are bugged- help! May 22, 2010 07:05 AM (Total replies: 1)

when i play halo ce i have to keep the decals off, because instead of the normal decals i see a semi transparent white square, which is unknownly lags much more than normal decals. it happens on every map, and i have redownloaded halo ce from the site and reinstalled it 2 times already. i dont think its the graphic card since it worked normally before i had to reformat my computer. also i had some problems with the sounds, especially with the faster shooting weapons, but thats probably because of my speakers which do lots of problems lately.

thanks in advance.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo CE rp maps May 19, 2010 08:37 AM (Total replies: 4)

mrp dedi is not really a rp, when i join this server its just one big slayer fest and the admins just make it even worse..
Edited by black doom on May 19, 2010 at 08:37 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Continie modeling? May 17, 2010 01:21 PM (Total replies: 1)

currently it looks like a 3d shadow of an assault rifle, try add some details to it and make it a custom looking assault rifle.

thats because of the open edges. fix the open edges and youll be able to place stuff on the map.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » need help with "war ahead" map May 16, 2010 08:39 AM (Total replies: 13)

thanks, but can someone help me with the other problems like AI and projectiles not changing colors and fuel rod not releasing needles?

EDIT: map link: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4238

please remember thats from 1.5 years ago, so dont flame me. i trying to learn from my mistakes in my old maps.
Edited by black doom on May 16, 2010 at 08:48 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » need help with "war ahead" map May 15, 2010 04:42 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mysterion
Black doom:
My point is that you must designate the enemy encounter, say for instance elite needlers, to be the appropriate team index as listed under the encounter tab such as "1", so that they will want to kill you if you spawn as "0" team, and vice versa. In this case, your marine allies for instance, should be set to the same "team index" as you.

oh, sorry. i should of reworded it different..

when im close to them they act like normal, but when i go far enough from them they ignore me.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » need help with "war ahead" map May 14, 2010 05:36 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: black doom
when i made this map, i didnt expected a handful of errors that happened with the enemies and weapons:

cant change color of enemies correctly, they just stay at the normal color

weapons and projectiles dont change their color correctly, no matter how hard i try

the AI wont act correctly, they stick to the spot when they are attacking me instead of advancing and some even ignore me when i attack them

the AI fuel rod wont shoot out the needles

please help me fix the bugs..

reposting because of spam.

i see some new idiots joined halomaps.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » need help with "war ahead" map May 14, 2010 04:38 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Nametaker40

Quote: --- Original message by: black doom
some even ignore me when i attack them

He did.
Edited by Nametaker40 on May 14, 2010 at 03:18 PM

get back on topic please.

Halo CE General Discussion » back into the halo ce business :D May 14, 2010 08:45 AM (Total replies: 11)

to mysterion. for some reason i forgot to put the name in post.
Edited by black doom on May 14, 2010 at 08:45 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » need help with "war ahead" map May 14, 2010 08:43 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mysterion
Be sure to assign the appropriate team designation for the encounters, I.E. 0, 1 etc.

Be sure to read the question.

Halo CE General Discussion » back into the halo ce business :D May 13, 2010 01:27 PM (Total replies: 11)

yeah, but most of the time the top downloaded map is not the most played map (same with 2nd, 3rd, etc.) also, i remember you from 1 year ago, before i quited halo. did you managed to finish your map?

Time: Thu March 30, 2017 10:25 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website