A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Koo294
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 19, 2013 02:54 PM
Location: UK, Europe, Terra, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local group, Virgo, Universe 00134
Interests:
Your Age: 7
What Games do you play: Many
How is she when she doesn't surf?

Post Statistics
Koo294 has contributed to 1625 posts out of 469451 total posts (.35%) in 4,002 days (.41 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Can't export custom animations for Jackals! Sep 19, 2013 02:54 PM (Total replies: 3)

You don't even need the model to export animation, let alone rigging. I'd say to delete it so it doesn't cause any problems. You only need the bones, with the pelvis bone as the root. Do you have a screenshot of your bone hierarchy?
Edited by Koo294 on Sep 19, 2013 at 02:55 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Maximum Polycount for FP arms? Sep 16, 2013 11:08 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Does anyone know the recommended poly count for a BSP?

Around 30k. Halo can't handle having more than 10k tris of BSP on screen at one time, so for outdoor maps especially you got to keep that in mind.

Halo CE General Discussion » BlindWolf (Working in progress!) Sep 6, 2013 09:37 AM (Total replies: 235)

Quote: --- Original message by: hobbet360

Advancebo did it, I remember his/her Xfire video....
http://www.xfire.com/videos/317356
http://www.xfire.com/videos/3143c2
Edited by hobbet360 on Sep 6, 2013 at 08:39 AM

That appears to be a (rather broken) version of my blind wolf. I remember i uploaded the model onto a thread at one point so i assume that's where he got it from.

E: Here's all the tags of my blind wolf if anyone wants to take a look or mess around with it. It's pretty old and not great quality though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fs5nr362kjdzqwk
Edited by Koo294 on Sep 6, 2013 at 09:40 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » BlindWolf (Working in progress!) Sep 5, 2013 03:45 PM (Total replies: 235)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
I've been interested in seeing a blind wolf in-game for a while, so it's good to see someone working on it. However, your current model seems to be a bit disproportionate compared to the original concept:
-snip-

I put a blind wolf ingame a couple of years ago as a fully rigged animated biped/actor. Textures I made were terrible though. Might make better ones at some point.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii164/koo294/blip-2.png old pic
Edited by Koo294 on Sep 5, 2013 at 03:50 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile Sep 2, 2013 05:29 AM (Total replies: 252)

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

Quote: --- Original message by: Lone Warrior
This issue was only fixed recently, and I haven't gotten around to replacing some of the Covenant Crates with Forerunner ones just yet.

As for adding in new Forerunner scenery? Absolutely! Adding some more varied scenery for the level is going to be a must. Forerunner Barricades and other Crate variations are on our to-do list, don't worry :).

Yo get on xfire/send me a pm and tell me how you fixed that because the AI in innie have been running into my scenery for 4 years now.

Also if you need someone to do a few forerunner props let me know ;D
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Sep 2, 2013 at 01:18 AM

For us it was node placement. The bounding radius of the scenery (set at the top of the scenery file) is what controls the pathfinding for AI, and it's a radius in world units from the root node of the model in which AI won't try to go through. We had the node somewhere outside the model, so the AI where thinking that the crate was in a different place to where it actually was.

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile Aug 28, 2013 07:34 PM (Total replies: 252)

Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
I cant wait to see how this will play out, will they continue to use elite movement animations for the player elite flood? will there be a change to stkft? so many possibilities

It's first person, as far as I know there's no plans to change them because you very rarely see them. We already have custom vehicle enter/exit animations, there's not really anything else you ever see without devcam.

At the bottom of the animation tag, select your reload animation from the dropdown list. Then set the "key frame index" of the animation to the frame at which the weapon can be said to have reloaded (i.e. when the cartridge has been replaced).

I had windows vista on my old PC and installed the codec fine. I have a new PC with windows 8 now so i can't help you, sorry.

Halo CE General Discussion » Pre alpha teaser map release Aug 18, 2013 04:08 PM (Total replies: 12)

Seems you've managed to mess up the functions on the helicopter somehow. I can resend you a fixed version if you need.

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Do you mean there has to be a +sky material somewhere, even if it's not really used or necessary?

No, so long as you have some lights somewhere to provide lighting you don't need +sky.

Halo CE General Discussion » connection Aug 15, 2013 06:56 PM (Total replies: 48)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel

Koo's back! :D
Edited by Tiel on Aug 15, 2013 at 06:08 PM

Huh? I left?

Halo CE General Discussion » connection Aug 15, 2013 05:24 PM (Total replies: 48)

Quote: --- Original message by: savinpvtmike
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2903126741.png
looks like i am the second highest for download speed

nope, sorry.

Also what was the point in this thread again?

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

Looks like a portalling issue to me, in which case the fault lies with the map creator, not halo or your computer.
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Aug 5, 2013 at 05:09 PM

It's definitely halo's fault that it can't render more than 10k tris of BSP at once despite having single vehicles with more than half that. But not an issue with anyone's particular computer, no.

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile Jul 30, 2013 05:55 AM (Total replies: 252)

Quote: --- Original message by: Killer5000
release dwarfs if theren ot being used people would like them for fun with

I only just made them yesterday, they're not finished yet.

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile Jul 29, 2013 09:05 PM (Total replies: 252)

After a discussion with a rather obtuse panda Lone sent me a spiritual message from his abode in the Himalayas. Unfortunately it was discovered that OS had compatability issues with the large army of extremely small dwarves that had made an appearance on the map and had to be cut.

In all seriousness the "OS" image was a teaser image with a glow filter applied in paint.net and nothing to do with OS at all. Thought the whole "lone's gone to the himalayas" thing was a bit obvious.

The original image for those interested:
http://i.imgur.com/A4XRsF6.jpg

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile Jul 29, 2013 09:14 AM (Total replies: 252)

BREAKING NEWS

Lone is permanently moving to the Himalayas in order to get in touch with his spiritual side. As such, he will no longer be part of the mod and I am now team leader.

Major changes are taking place under my rule: The first is that Open Sauce is now a requirement on all maps due to the excellent visual effects it produces.

Here is a preview of the latest development in our now visually stunning level, with geometry created by Lone before his journey of enlightenment began.

All hail the mighty Emporer Koo.

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile Jun 24, 2013 01:37 PM (Total replies: 252)

For future reference, can everybody please ignore the spammer. If you have something to say make sure it's on-topic. Replying to spammers only feeds their desire for attention and only makes them post more.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Public Beta] Walk on Vehicles (OpenSauce) Apr 23, 2013 03:18 PM (Total replies: 33)

We need more people on the server! Only me and Kirby there at the moment.

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with "Vertex Weight Counts" Apr 11, 2013 12:21 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
No, it doesn't cause issue, its just a different way to get parts movable through nodes. I actually prefer skin modifiers to keep all my geometry together under the same hierarchy.

But it seems to be the skin modifier that's causing the problem in this situation, so why not try this method?

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with "Vertex Weight Counts" Apr 10, 2013 07:13 PM (Total replies: 12)

Is it necessary to use weighted verts with a weapon? All parts are mechanical, so it would be simpler to just separate moving parts into objects and link them to the bones rather than using a skin.

Time: Thu November 14, 2019 10:54 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website