A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Co1t3r
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 17, 2014 01:47 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Co1t3r has contributed to 545 posts out of 469376 total posts (.12%) in 3,960 days (.14 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 17, 2014 01:47 AM (Total replies: 12123)

It might just be me but it seems as though CMT is falling back into old patterns.

1. CMT is once again revived to begin work on an ambitious new campaign mod with realistic goals and a reasonable release date. Everything looks promising.
2. The project is expanded to ridiculous proportions. The community is in awe at what it expects to accomplish.
3. Progress slows considerably as much of the team is burdened by work/school.
4. The original release date is extended by over a year. The project thread digresses into page after page useless commentary/speculation.

If this pattern continues:

4. Many members quit as the project's completion seems forever out of reach.
5. Some time later, we are given several barely-functional map files of the progress so far.

I'm not saying this is bound to happen. I'm just curious as to how the team sees the future of this project.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 19, 2012 04:21 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Drop it, you guys. It doesn't matter.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 19, 2012 01:05 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Wasn't there a new grunt being worked on? Has there been any progress on that?

Halo CE General Discussion » The Ghost Froom May 21, 2012 03:58 PM (Total replies: 134)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
I guess our point here is...
Was spending 2 years doing a trick in a 10 year old videogame worth it?

Who made any of us qualified to judge the use of a stranger's time? It was a cool stunt. I'm sure those who pulled it off had fun doing it. This is a video game. Games are intended to entertain their users. What's the big deal? I think there's a fair degree of hypocrisy coming from many of you, as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Ghost Froom May 21, 2012 03:53 PM (Total replies: 134)

I thought it was a cool video. Good editing, well documented, and an awesome stunt. Thanks for sharing; it's really cool to see someone pull off such a difficult stunt, regardless of its practical outcomes. I wish other people in this forum were able to see this for what it is.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 25, 2012 10:03 PM (Total replies: 12123)

For the HUD, I think the shield should be a bit larger overall, and stretched vertically; the size of the other elements distract from it, as it is relatively small.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 27, 2012 11:21 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
What?

I think this community is getting too paranoid. Accusing everyone of being Altheros, AssassinChief, etc. This needs to stop.

Enough of your trolling, Altheros.

I guess I may as well give my feedback. First of all, the OS extensions were great. Unlike others, the install has been painless for me. The game now looks like it's been pushed years of ahead of its time. Even more surprisingly, I had no performance issues with all of the post processing effects enabled. I think the overall polish of the mod was great, and I personally prefer the professional feel. Gameplay was surprisingly similar to the original game's. It wasn't a huge disappointment for me -- overall it was pretty good -- but I wouldn't be against seeing more drastic changes.

There were also a few things that really bugged me. First, the hunters were way too difficulty. Sure on normal difficulty they were actually a challenge and fun to fight, but after fighting them inside the ship, I really started to wonder if you guys bothered to test them on legendary difficulty. They simply had no weakness; they can completely shield themselves, no weapon does a considerable amount of damage, they track you all too well, and if you try to get them to lunge at you, they'll almost certainly kill. I spent longer fighting those things than I did tearing through the first part of the level. As well, the outdoor environments, although beautiful, were way too dark. sure, it made the VISR function very practical, but it was disappointing not being able to see my environment in great detail.

Overall I was satisfied with this release. The abilities added by Open Sauce were stunning. Playing through the level was much fun, despite the previously mentioned weaknesses. I think the mod is going in the right direction and am looking forward to future releases.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 25, 2012 12:06 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: P3

Well it's one of the only thing that i really actually liked about spv1 that non of the other had.
It probably won't give it a full spv1 feel but it'll make spv3 in my opinion much better in it's own way.
Edited by P3 on Feb 25, 2012 at 09:11 AM

Just say what it is. You don't need to set up a poll to give a suggestion; it's annoyingly impractical.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 25, 2012 01:50 AM (Total replies: 12123)

I found the crazy Keys flood thing using fly cam...

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce for HaloCE, V3.0, Released Feb 12, 2012 11:56 AM (Total replies: 818)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Maybe he meant he'd edit OS to work properly without crashing, regardless of whether that message needs deleting or not?

Seriously, you people need to start assuming things more often...

Except the fact that it isn't OS that has the problem, its Xfire. Instead, he'd make his own custom Xfire that doesn't act like Xfire.

Xfire's hooking method works perfectly. The only issue is that it doesn't have an actual .dll file for other apps to hook into.

Couldn't you just force Xfire to use a different .dll file?

No disrespect meant, but do you have any clue what you're talking about? Something's giving me the feeling you don't.

Halo CE General Discussion » P3's Halo concept art Feb 3, 2012 10:12 PM (Total replies: 14)

I love the flood Jackal. Someone should seriously make that.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 3, 2012 05:49 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Remastered? Why would the tracks need to be remastered; they were produced recently in a modern environment. Is there even a remastered release?

I just had a look, and I realized that you're right; there are no shadows in CE campaign. This is something I've actually overlooked all these years. And what do you know, they're visible in PC. :/

Shadows are visible for me. (All images from CE.)

Edited by Co1t3r on Feb 2, 2012 at 07:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 2, 2012 06:16 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
well then let's hope they are better at setting objectives in spv3 than they were in spv2

anyway, the point of what I'm saying is if you've followed cmt's mods as long as I have, (I still remember when the team decided to remove the jackal plasma rifle, oh how I longed for that lean green plasma spittin machine...) and I'm not a fanboy in any respect of cmt (which I guess is the reason I don't have the bias for cmt that many other users have), just an appreciator of good mods, then you could see that in the way of their truly custom flair they had, they've stooped. Personally I think the new approach cmt is taking is folly, and honestly if I could trade the new bsps and objectives for all the removed custom content (some prime examples: infra-red sniper, non-odst silenced smg, brg, jackal plasma rifle, ma5k, red shotgun, apparition, and occasionally I think of how the needler turret could've been improved and fixed enough to be a nice effective area effect turret), then I would. I'm not saying I won't play test the beta but I am saying you probably won't like what I have to say after I've played through it, because it probably won't feel like a cmt campaign, and it definitely won't feel like an improvement of spv1, because after all cmt spv2/3 was originally supposed to be a fixed version of spv1 with some new additions, and now look at it. No one could distinguish that this was ever spv1, especially now that you've almost completely removed the brg.

perhaps you guys at cmt should play through spv1 again, all of it. Remember what this mod is supposed to be like, because honestly, you're breaking the CMT gameplay.

I kind of see what you're getting at here, but I wish you'd be more specific than "I want CMT to be make the mod more like SPV1". Do you want the custom content to be original? Do you want more custom content in general?

Personally, I'm liking the direction the mod is going. The polish gives it a very professional appeal, but I can see why some people aren't so into it.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 1, 2012 05:53 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Nope no more GL on the BR. For refined gameplay. Also no hunter guns. Everything's been streamlined and polished.

and with that the last remnants of the old cmt are expunged

well, gotta say I don't like this and will probably not play spv3 much really, seeing as the brg was the last bit of custom left besides the flashy new hud, textures, models, and bsps which honestly don't match up to all the old vehicles and weapons cmt had originally had (examples being the silenced infra-red sniper, apparition, and ma5k)

welp time to work on my own mods to fill the emptiness and lack of nostalgia

Oh please. The grenade launcher sucked. If you want to fill "the emptiness and lack of nostalgia", go play SPV1. And everything in SPV3 is custom, and far exceeds the quality of earlier.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 31, 2012 12:55 PM (Total replies: 12123)

No! You must succumb to the opinion of the majority!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 31, 2012 01:58 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob

1. Had you ever actually seen a hummer before?

2. Are you a total fanboy that refuses to accept anything that makes Halo look even slightly bad?

3. Are you too civil to ever exaggerate something ever?

4. It so totally looks like a hummer. You clearly just can't see it. o.O

You have managed to achieve a level of idiocy that boggles my mind ;)
Edited by Bobblehob on Jan 31, 2012 at 01:35 AM

Bogglehead....That should be your new name.
Edited by Co1t3r on Jan 31, 2012 at 01:58 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Jan 28, 2012 10:06 PM (Total replies: 1793)

Quote: --- Original message by: General Okar
It looks like it's done. When is it going to be released?

If there's anything that the leaks and hasty releases in this community have shown us, it's that what looks finished from trailers and images can really be far from it.
Edited by Co1t3r on Jan 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 11:59 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website