A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Jesse
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 06:11 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo CE

Post Statistics
Jesse has contributed to 5689 posts out of 462326 total posts (1.23%) in 3,024 days (1.88 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » XF (Xtreme Forces Halo Custom Edition) Today @ 06:11 AM (Total replies: 13)

This is a gathering site for professionals only. Pls act accordingly.

I remember the video too, I was thinking about that first level thing yesterday. I can't say I remember the actual video name though.
Edited by Jesse on Apr 27, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Testing LODS Apr 26, 2017 04:12 PM (Total replies: 11)

Idk

I test LODs by having different stages be different colored spheres so I can see the change and tweak the distances.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 7, 2017 02:41 PM (Total replies: 11276)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

Quote: --- Original message by: malolo420
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Second bsp of planet_flood_e
http://i.imgur.com/eEfCNdb.jpg

Reminds me of the birthday map I made for Kinkilla.

http://www.littleraingames.com/ImagesForOffsite/happybdaykinkilla.png

You played as an infection form :)

It has a really big butt hole, it's mate must be relentless. :p
Edited by Super Flanker on Apr 7, 2017 at 12:55 PM

Elite goatse

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 5, 2017 06:37 PM (Total replies: 11276)

Because of the bitmap extractor, others and I have been able to sort of reverse engineer how certain bitmaps are used or animated. In the case of H1 HUD bitmaps, It let us see how things were compiled and used (spite sequencing and stuff). Very helpful for developing HUD related tags.

Also, the fact that Moz is currently supported is a huge bonus.

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Apr 1, 2017 03:13 PM (Total replies: 1161)

I think that Matt has said release date was some time after his Takedown series. Quite honestly, we're both involved in our projects or those of others to which we have committed.
Edited by Jesse on Apr 1, 2017 at 03:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 28, 2017 03:16 AM (Total replies: 11276)

That is a penis

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 27, 2017 05:12 PM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Some parts of spv3 already are 15fps for me

B40 anyone?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 27, 2017 04:47 PM (Total replies: 11276)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
First ingame test "stfu flankers, i know what you are going to comment about the textures."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eO120GkL0&feature=youtu.be
I have a stable framerate,the reason of why it looks bad: im still learning how to record videos.

>Bad looking Geom
>Worse looking textures
>Distorted audio
>Garbage "encounter design"
>Using CMT assets
>Using Halo Rips
>Not really making your own content.

If you really want to be up to Masterz' or Flanker's level, you seriously need to step up your game.

O.O I have a level?

When you have low expectations, nobody is let down :D

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 22, 2017 12:59 AM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
I think Halonimator needs an intervention.

That implies we care about him. Not worth the effort :o

Kudos to Moses for existing, being cool, smart and doing a converter for animation tags that makes them double the length and interpolates them.

Indeed our lord and savior in many ways.

Halo CE General Discussion » Thoughts on a reworked shield concept? Mar 20, 2017 06:07 PM (Total replies: 13)

Perhaps you could model in the plates and add them as part of the collision? With decent shaders (that either show consistently or when taking damage) it can look pretty good...

idk how to pin an online image but:

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Mar 19, 2017 01:38 AM (Total replies: 43)

Is DDS the only file type supported by the "Bitmap from DDS"?

I ask because DDS is generally a tricky file type for me (PS doesn't open them by default) and I like using TIF files.

Quote: --- Original message by: HaloAU

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
I made this crap some time ago

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49905

I can help you with some BSP's if you want, how ever I have to insist that I dont have to much time since I'm studying...

I will send you a pm with my Discord if you want

PM Me

Really, I think it might just be the failure to produce anything and the insecurities that most members here have built up that makes them act this way. It is true though that you will want some skill and knowledge before working on something that big though. A lot of that knowledge are things that some halomaps members possessed but never explained or their tutorials dissapeared, so it is hard to get around.

I think you should play around and get to know the engine first, the project definitely isn't THAT big. My only complaint is that remaking something that already exists can hold back your creativity.

Another thing you may want to learn is how to see you can actually trust a person who could help you, because there will be a lot of people who like to leak, so at first only really take help from people you know and then over time get to know more people and then those people might be able to help you.

tl;dr: learn stuff and follow your ambitions

My first mistake was not expecting the amount of cancer and autistic screeching from the elitists. And remaking this won't necessarily limit my creativity because I intend to include levels that were discarded like blowing up an assault carrier from the inside with a wraith, the e3 2003 demo, and the forerunner tank chase from the gravemind. Plus I intend to make some original missions to fill in for the arbiter, he's been moved to a possible post launch project.
Edited by HaloAU on Mar 8, 2017 at 03:12 PM

i doubt you can do that. even with a team and time, tryng to recreate things, animations from h3 and hr is almost impossible. but is possible to make a little sp like i did. with custom bsp's, simple cinematics and voice acting... something comparable to lumoria and vanilla halo but with better graphics and some OS4 features. aside from that... if you are doing it solo, it will be a huge pain for you. Im not releasing my sp maps thanks to the spv3 leader (mustardz1337), pm me if you want someone to model some bsp's for you.

H3 animations are not exactly the highest of standard. Better animations have been made, don't act like you can decide anyone's animation capability.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mozzarilla v0.9.1 Mar 8, 2017 04:47 PM (Total replies: 84)

The Master's quote was actually changed... read his original post and you'll see that it has two separate thoughts... and it seems obvious to me and they are not related.

His being impressed had nothing to do with anyone being female or not.

My Discord is Jesse#4500

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
Quote: --- Original message by: Bugnotnotthegreat
You will probably never see this but there are halo maps that try to be like racing games.

Could you stop bumping months/years old posts?

In this case, decade.

Halo CE General Discussion » Messing with Sky/Fog Feb 28, 2017 01:22 AM (Total replies: 11)

How did I bork a word as simple as "Believe"?

Anyway.

negan, you contribute like, nothing to the thread.

Halo CE General Discussion » Messing with Sky/Fog Feb 27, 2017 02:55 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mushi
Quote: i didnt said quit halo, i said if you hate it it's up to you if you wanna leave. Dont be grouchy
Edited by negan2 on Feb 26, 2017 at 06:13 PM

Son, stop posting. You've caused enough damage.

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Just open up whatever sky tag your using and you can edit the fog settings there, along with different sky lighting colors. You'll need to rerun lightmaps on the BSP's though for the new lighting to be applied to the level.

I should have said Eschaton my bad, but yep, I see them. Gonna try editing them right now!! Also thanks you all.

I balievw there is also a rasterizer dev command that removes fog or something. Idk exactly which it is.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Feb 24, 2017 03:50 AM (Total replies: 20)

That hang em high remake looks really good. Is that a rip or something?

Time: Sat April 29, 2017 3:29 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website