A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: OrangeJuice
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 01:39 AM
Interests: nobody cares...
Your Age: nobody cares...
What Games do you play: nobody cares...
I laugh at people who put STUDIOS in their name.

Post Statistics
OrangeJuice has contributed to 1795 posts out of 462326 total posts (.39%) in 3,013 days (.60 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Money Yesterday @ 01:39 AM (Total replies: 61)

Art commissions aren't that hard to carry out, actually

On the other hand since we're dealing with a lowly modding community, just refuse to compile your work and disclaim as such ..oh and avoid obvious derivative works of "Halo-themed stuff".
Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 28, 2017 at 01:59 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Loading player into pelicans? Apr 23, 2017 03:30 PM (Total replies: 8)

And you have one too many parenthesis:

edit: darn too late xD
Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 23, 2017 at 03:31 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Loading player into pelicans? Apr 23, 2017 02:12 PM (Total replies: 8)

Yup, that's correct.

Since you're trying compile it, it really depends on when you want it to run.

Try declaring it as a startup script

like saaaay:

(Script startup "myScript"
(begin
___(script here in parenthesis)
___(...........)
)
)

And you'll spawn already in the pelican when the map loads
Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 23, 2017 at 02:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Loading player into pelicans? Apr 23, 2017 01:43 PM (Total replies: 8)

With the (unit_enter_vehicle) command.

But since there isn't really a good way to grab a player-character(outside of engine upgrades like OpenSauce) you'll have to use (unit (list_get (players) 0))) as your <unit> argument.

- - - - -

unit_enter_vehicle <unit> <vehicle> <string>

<string> refers to the seat name. You'll find those seat names in the vehicle tags. The seat name has to be in "quotation marks"
Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 23, 2017 at 01:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Money Apr 23, 2017 12:50 PM (Total replies: 61)

I've no moral regrets with earning money off of content as long as they're not derivative works of 'halo stuff' basically ; Ergo... the entirety of the WIPs topic

I am quite sure the whole 'wifely' You-know-what-you-did defense doesn't really work on strangers.

elaborate a little
Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 23, 2017 at 01:27 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Money Apr 22, 2017 03:09 PM (Total replies: 61)

Raw uncompiled data art commissions can be a thing
Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 22, 2017 at 03:11 PM

For everything else, there's maxscripts and plugins and uh.... Not mesh modeling with a mouse..yikes xD

...But did you try Google?!

Halo CE General Discussion » Marine Variant Ideas Apr 14, 2017 05:39 AM (Total replies: 19)

Hilarious

Ppls trynna micromanage halo modding

Halo CE General Discussion » For those who want to be Game Developers Apr 13, 2017 11:22 PM (Total replies: 8)

( Me thinks this fool has gotten cocky because they finally m--imported something into a commercial engine xD )

Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 13, 2017 at 11:26 PM

What's so special about 2018 that isn't present in 2012--2016 ?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien Randomly Freezing/Not Resonding Apr 11, 2017 02:13 PM (Total replies: 4)

If you're taking about the default sapien that comes with the HEK, you'll probably need to set its CPU affinity to only run on a single core.

EDIT: Oh and if you've ever used OS_sapien, delete sapien.config. It conflicts with stock sapien causing the freeze on interacting with properties window. Take it out of compatibility mode.
Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 11, 2017 at 02:38 PM

I always use HEK+ as I know of no other way

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 10, 2017 06:54 AM (Total replies: 11276)

I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 10, 2017 06:01 AM (Total replies: 81)

Are you merely portaling the BSP as one giant single mesh or are you going ahead and detaching parts of it for clustering?

It seems odd that a map that looks this geometrically simple(for halo) is having problems in halo

Maybe you have too many(directly visible) portals and your character therefore can see through too many of them at once

Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 10, 2017 at 06:20 AM

3DS Max Compatibility

- - - - - - - - - -
These tests were done on Windows 10 Long Term Servicing Branch 64-bit.

A lot of " Halo Compatible " 3dsmax versions simply don't run on modern operating systems besides windows XP. So I wanted to collect them all and test them one by one. Here are my findings, they'll probably turn out differently for you:
- - - - - - - - - -

3DS Max 5
  • Run its installer in XP Service Pack 2 mode(Not Service Pack 3).
  • Will enable DirectShow from the Windows Legacy Features control panel.
  • Needs to be patched for single-core CPU use. Use imagecfg.
    ---- Setting CPU affinity allows max5 to shutdown properly. Without this fix, max5 will stay in memory after an exit.
    ---- cDilla is 16-bit. Will not work on 64bit windows AND IS NOT A DOS PROGRAM. Use a Network license to activate max5.
  • Service Pack 1 is needed to run Max5 in Direct3D 9 mode.

3DS Max 7
  • Run its installer in XP Service Pack 2 mode(sp3 not tested).
  • The License Agreement window does not render. So you cannot accept the license agreement without a hack. Use Windows Enabler to bypass the accept button.
  • Needs to be patched for single-core CPU. Use imagecfg.
    ---- Setting CPU affinity allows max7 to shutdown properly. Without this fix, max7 will fail to load AT ALL, and will stay in memory after an exit.

3DS Max 8
  • Same as 3ds Max 7

Turbosquid GMAX (free)
  • Same as 3ds Max 7.
  • imagecfg trips gmax's integrity test. Patch it anyways. Make a copy of gmax.exe and run the copy instead
  • GMAX needs a well known registration bypass hack. (discreet doesn't exist anymore. So you cannot get a GMAX account. Which is a shame since GMAX is free.)

Blitzkrieg( MAX5 Version that comes with the HEK )
  • Place blitzkrieg.dlu into the plugins folder
  • The .dll files can actually be placed in the 3dsmax5 folder !

Blitzkrieg( Max6, Max7, and Max8 Version from the downloads section )
  • Place blitzkrieg.dlu into the plugins folder
  • The .dll files can actually be placed in the 3dsmax root folder. Just don't overwrite any .dlls that are already present. It doesn't have to be exact which dlls you have.

NOTICE:

These older 3dsmax programs and their free clone alternative have problems with Right-Click menus. These artifacts traditionally don't show up until you've done a lot of work.

What will happen: The right-click menu leaves a menu-shaped artifact on your screen that persists even when the program is minimized. It will not disappear until the program is shut down. Be sure to accommodate any right-click action with a workaround, and make yourself comfortable with using toolbar buttons and dropdown menus instead of right-clicking

Windows Enabler is a standalone program(can be run from removable storage). What Windows Enabler does is "Un-Greys out" disabled buttons. Use it at your own risk.

Imagecfg permanently patches exe files with a new CPU affinity. It is used in these compatibility tests to make these old 3dsmax programs run on a single core. Be sure to back up your target file before modifying it.

FUN STUFF:

• 3dsmax 5 (presumably 6) and 3dsmax 7 Do not have a pelt-unwrapper. They also lack the Bridge tool, making 3D modeling a bit of a challenge compared to newer versions. Often requiring you to sew up open edges with the create_face tool.

• 3ds Max 7 (I do not have 6) Introduces Paint Deformation. This gives you the ability to use a drawing tablet to deform polies for things like: Hills, mountains, pits, and bumps. It recognizes Pen Pressure.

• 3ds Max 8 introduces the UVW Pelt-unwrapper along with seam-editing. Max 8 also introduces the Bridge tool under Editable Poly which significantly speeds up mesh modeling.

3dsmax5 windows 64bit windows7 windows 8 windows vista windows 8.1 win10 windows 10 x64 64-bit 64 max5 max7 max8
    Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 11, 2017 at 06:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone using Maya LT? Apr 7, 2017 11:02 PM (Total replies: 12)

No. I've just been installing them to test their compatibilty. (Got max5, 7, and 8 working on win10 64 though. Will post how I did it and what to expect from running them later on)

As far as I've been taught though: you simply use the programs whenever you want(for the experience) but rent it if you're doing for-profit work. For audits, publisher inspections, and stuff. Everyone I have ever asked gave me the same advice whether they be in their 60s as a professional or otherwise. They expect people to pirate their products as a means of learning and experience, and then buy it later when your intentions call for it

I live alone so meh. I never really read the fine print. I know you have to go legit with your licenses if you're doing commercial work though. But asking me is basically talking to a villager .

It literally depends on what you plan on doing with it
    Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 7, 2017 at 11:37 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone using Maya LT? Apr 7, 2017 04:42 PM (Total replies: 12)

I like how Autodesk bought like 8 different unrelated 3D modeling suite companies and then decided to price them all at like 5800$ each.
    Edited by OrangeJuice on Apr 7, 2017 at 04:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] 2B biped Apr 7, 2017 04:32 AM (Total replies: 7)

By the way. Unmet dependencies

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 7, 2017 04:13 AM (Total replies: 81)

When is Dadbasa

• Time: Sat April 29, 2017 3:31 PM 234 ms.
    A Halo Maps Website