A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: OrangeJuice
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 22, 2018 07:42 PM
Interests: nobody cares...
Your Age: nobody cares...
What Games do you play: nobody cares...
Thingies.

Post Statistics
OrangeJuice has contributed to 1875 posts out of 465763 total posts (.40%) in 3,314 days (.57 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 22, 2018 07:42 PM (Total replies: 11467)

Slowly but surely, once I have enough art assets I'll start to enjoy myself later

I'm actually enjoying this. Handpainted multipurpose maps
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 23, 2018 at 04:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 21, 2018 11:51 PM (Total replies: 11467)

Making a few assets here and there for a later thing:

(That's a multipurpose map for backwards compatibility)

Also cleaning up specular properties and stuff, a dialable permutation for wet and icy glass

- - - - - - - -

Oh... And remember this old project? I believe I've finally got enough knowledge on halo's compilation rules and requirements to actually follow through. I lost the files to it like a decade ago, so I'd have to remake it from scratch. But MAN I've learned since then

Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 22, 2018 at 07:26 PM
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 22, 2018 at 07:27 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 15, 2018 03:30 PM (Total replies: 11467)

Both

BTW, is there a way to make the gbxmodel NOT take up 47KB? That just seems like way too much for a simple rectangle
Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 20, 2018 at 12:37 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 15, 2018 03:46 AM (Total replies: 11467)

The edges of the glass are a lot greener in game. JPG compression makes them not look as good in screenshots

Edited by OrangeJuice on Feb 15, 2018 at 04:02 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Just uploaded my first mod! Jan 22, 2018 04:12 PM (Total replies: 22)

What is the file called?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HEK Installation Questions. Jan 12, 2018 02:23 PM (Total replies: 2)

The permissions error can be one of two things(that I can think of right now)

• Halo Custom Edition (haloce.exe) is still running in the background
  • (it does that sometimes, it'll be in task manager)

• Sapien(certain versions of it) is still running

• You're using Windows vista or 7 home edition and need to run command prompt as administrator
  • (because it does the virtualstorage thing)

Edited by OrangeJuice on Jan 12, 2018 at 02:36 PM
    Oh and yeah, these can be avoided too. I figured it out a while ago that if you install older games like this(old games that need admin privilege to run) outside of the program files folders (I use C:\OLDGAMES ) You can avoid needing certain privileges to do things like launch the game or record save data.

And it works on the HEK

Edited by OrangeJuice on Jan 12, 2018 at 02:36 PM

Under guerilla did you set the map to multiplayer in the .scenario file?

Also if you're trying to load the map through the console instead of going through the menus the proper commands would appear like this:

for multiplayer maps
    sv_map mapname "slayer"

for singleplayer maps
    map_name mapname 

(also, a singleplayer map spawn should not have multiplayer properties or a team number above 0 unless you're messing with AI alliances)
    Edited by OrangeJuice on Jan 12, 2018 at 12:04 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » UNABLE TO JOIN HALO GAME SERVER Jan 11, 2018 12:18 PM (Total replies: 6)

try a hac_flush_cache in the ingame console

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jan 10, 2018 03:20 PM (Total replies: 11467)

I'm still putting stuff together piece by piece, It's just for later

I'm just trying to figure out which setup is used for which textures. Because images ripped from bitmaps tend to come out the way guerilla interprets it rather than how they're meant to be imported through tool.

For image permutations I'm talking about the kinds of multiple-use images where you can choose which image gets displayed by requesting it in the tags. Guerilla makes these look like they're meant to be laid out vertically.

For animations, I mean the image sequences that play automatically and are based on the functions and stuff used in stuff like the self-destruct screen in the maw's scenery tag. Guerilla makes these look like they're meant to be laid out horizonally. (like the shield hit bitmap)

Wondering if I'm correct or not
    Edited by OrangeJuice on Jan 10, 2018 at 03:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jan 10, 2018 02:46 PM (Total replies: 11467)

Is this correct?

(About image permutations being up>down And animation sequences being left>right)

Halo CE General Discussion » BSP Portalling Jan 10, 2018 01:20 PM (Total replies: 16)

Try quickslicing it into mesh regions and portaling along the borders?

And maybe give yourself a walkaround of your level regarding the possible places your player can stand. Perhaps you have too many portals visible to the player at one time
    Edited by OrangeJuice on Jan 10, 2018 at 02:31 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Low spec users, quick question Jan 10, 2018 12:37 PM (Total replies: 3)

What is the lowest amount of VRAM you guys use when playing Halo custom Edition?

Halo CE General Discussion » BSP Portalling Jan 10, 2018 12:14 AM (Total replies: 16)

Is that one giant, single mesh?

Halo CE General Discussion » BSP Portalling Jan 9, 2018 04:17 PM (Total replies: 16)

Can always try the old crash bandicoot method of adding more geometry to render less geometry

Edited by OrangeJuice on Jan 9, 2018 at 04:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 7, 2018 05:49 PM (Total replies: 22)

IMO poly-for-poly remakes of an original model are still rips to me

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce v4 & HAC2 compatibility fixes Jan 5, 2018 05:48 PM (Total replies: 4)

Isn't OpenSauce open source? Why not just nuke the problem for good?

If you're trying to open stock, unmodified b40 in OS_sapien, it won't work because os sapien can't read one of the tags that regular sapien can. (bad programming )

Try opening it in regular sapien(if you aren't already)
    Edited by OrangeJuice on Jan 4, 2018 at 07:22 PM

the TLDR version of it is that Halo Custom Edition has no animators. At least none who know the ins-and outs of the animation graph system even though it is properly documented in the before you ask topic

(Trying to keep 100% of everything 1:1 with the original is what killed the zelda maps. Porting all of those terrible... terrible.. 3d rips was muy complicado )

Why, you planning to make a replica map?
    Edited by OrangeJuice on Jan 2, 2018 at 04:05 PM

Install msxmlenu.msi from Halo Custom Edition\\redist

Or from your Halo PC disk
    Edited by OrangeJuice on Dec 9, 2017 at 07:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » I'm leaving Nov 7, 2017 11:31 AM (Total replies: 22)

It was the North Korean style hourly preaching that ticked me off.

Time: Sat February 24, 2018 6:38 AM 312 ms.
    A Halo Maps Website