A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MissingSpartan7
About Contact
Last Post: May 6, 2013 09:17 PM
Interests:
Your Age: Old enough to not care.
What Games do you play: any customizable ones (portal, halo ce)
I abandoned this forum a long time ago...

Post Statistics
MissingSpartan7 has contributed to 303 posts out of 469281 total posts (.06%) in 3,834 days (.08 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » hud May 6, 2013 09:17 PM (Total replies: 35)

I have watched in silence from the shadows for a while now, but perhaps it is now time for me to make a return...
Honestly, I'm rather ambivalent about this. On one hand, it's interesting to see it in-game. On the other, I am somewhat infuriated that no-one even bothered to ask me if it was ok to use this.
Yes. It's mine. http://missingspartan7.deviantart.com/art/Halo-4-HUD-In-depth-study-II-332280124

It does annoy me to a great degree, that credit was claimed for work by people who have had no involvement in the original creation whatsoever. And all the work by jackrabbit in 'creating' the shield meter? Probably didn't happen - it's likely cut straight out of one of my other H4 HUD iterations. The only difference I can see is he's upped the contrast a bit.

Quote: --- Original message by: Sceny
Its best to actually use your own designs when showcasing something. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you should at least include the source of the original bitmap.
Source

Thank you, for at least trying.

Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit
That^ Was all ready posted in the fourm I didn't see any point in reposting it and I alredy shared my inter helmet part in General Discussion. I'm not show showcasing anything The HUD is WIP

That is literally one of the worst excuses I've ever heard.

Quote: I got the image from bing and made the sheld meter from scratch.

One thing you should have been taught in your education, however basic, is that if you find something on the internet that you want to use/reference - if possible, permission should be obtained from the original author if copyright applies, or at very least - including a link to where you found it. Just because something has been posted previously, in another thread, does not forgo the need to credit, or link to, your source.

Quote: my hud

You keep using that word, but I don't think it means what you think it means.

Quote: As for the lettering your talking about removing that will be slightly faded when I blur the HUD. just like in halo 4's HUD I just don't have it blured now because I'm working on it.

"Working" on it...
Sounds a bit dubious. Almost like you were going to try and use my v3 HUD. Maybe even my Multiplayer version as well.

So, as per this, you are now being asked to cease all work on this relating to my HUD.

--------
And hello to anyone who remembers me. It's been a while.
@Jesse - perhaps we should have a HUD discussion sometime.
Edited by MissingSpartan7 on May 6, 2013 at 09:19 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Jul 30, 2010 10:01 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: CorpseManTS
Quote: --- Original message by: Majorultraspecopsgrunt
Can someone make a halo 3 marine biped? and mabye sometime release it?

gamma made them complete w/ custom dialogs. only u could do is watch and admire them on youtube, like me. T_T.
also he is doing some custom anims for the marines. after those are released, i'll release my map that contains halo ce, 2, 3, odst and reach(the regenerator shield and sprinting ability) map.
and im working on a top secret weapon effect that lets u use armor lock :D

sounds cool, but what about a "q" linked script that teleports a VEHICLE to where the player is
has a shield shader which only shows up on there beinhg a "driver"
i think you can set how much damage it passes to players in vehilce also

Halo CE General Discussion » Reach Plasma Launcher... May 13, 2010 08:15 AM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
I've already tried making the Plasma Launcher to work right. It won't work, since the way it charges and how it fires the projectiles.

i've tried as well, i can get it to fire 1 round with a short charge and spew 3 rounds with a longer charge. but it won't be the same

Halo CE General Discussion » I need a idea. May 8, 2010 05:49 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Hs_crozzhair

:(

Can you make ANY map that isfun for sigle player?
Edited by Hs_crozzhair on May 8, 2010 at 05:18 PM

yeah, look in the single player maps section on the main page

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie To Take Over The World? Apr 30, 2010 04:59 AM (Total replies: 16)

on PC....oh dear...this could lead to modding like halo 1 was

Halo CE General Discussion » Wasted Footage Apr 10, 2010 07:00 PM (Total replies: 4)

really well made - but the rain was just a bit too loud

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Mar 18, 2010 01:54 AM (Total replies: 4974)

looks more like a directed energy weapon which fires an electromagnetic laser. or something

either way - looks cool

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie Aerospace Mar 18, 2010 01:49 AM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: SiMuLaCrUm
Quote: --- Original message by: MissingSpartan7
i'm pretty sure one of the orginal "7 steps" was to build their own orbital station or something like that

Nope

*image*

"Launch assault on Windows platform" was when they ported Marathon 2 to Windows 95.
Aerospace technology would be needed to build a giant slingshot though...
As for the bloody coup... never happened. This was released way before they were working under M$.

check the bungie website, its in this vid i think
http://www.bungie.net/News/Media.aspx?mid=13876&age_verify=1

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie Aerospace Mar 16, 2010 02:03 AM (Total replies: 18)

i'm pretty sure one of the orginal "7 steps" was to build their own orbital station or something like that

Halo CE General Discussion » Radar Jammer in CE? Mar 15, 2010 01:42 AM (Total replies: 32)

ah, a radar jammer
you guys have the right idea. make invisible infection forms, but mess with the actor tag so they stay close but will never attck. then link a small damage effect to the "jammer" unit so after a time it sends out a pulse and kills them all

Halo CE General Discussion » umm. Mar 15, 2010 01:39 AM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
like me the reason why i havent yet. is cause i love halo multyplayer and i cant find Crysis in stores no more.

buy it off steam

Halo CE General Discussion » Who's gonna model the Reach weapons? Mar 12, 2010 09:03 PM (Total replies: 33)

and why do you know that?

Halo CE General Discussion » HUD - Works in Process thread [WIP] Mar 11, 2010 12:22 AM (Total replies: 1707)

Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
lol. but the question is if dennis will allow signatures on all posts. he better :D

once upon a time ago, there was sigs. they were removed for a reason

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Mar 4, 2010 02:37 AM (Total replies: 14969)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_094

This isn't near good. Just state out the obvious and you will receive a clap.
Edited by Spartan_094 on Feb 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM

yeah, there's this line on the blade above the top of the right hand side of the handle
and the odst fingers change colour along a line on his thumb
Edited by MissingSpartan7 on Mar 4, 2010 at 02:39 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Multiplayer First Look Mar 4, 2010 02:34 AM (Total replies: 181)

we'd better or we'll send boxing kangaroos over
and we'll enlist the kiwis too

Halo CE General Discussion » map post Mar 3, 2010 02:05 AM (Total replies: 12)

nah, not yet.
it'll be about 17000 BG mods before everyone realises its not that cool anymore
(17 for the 1000 members joining etc.)

or just wait till release like everyone else
cos jesse will release it, won't you?

its fired from the ice gun with freeze ray attachment in crysis

E: page 6 is mine!
on ur forums, stealing ur pages...
Edited by MissingSpartan7 on Mar 1, 2010 at 05:48 AM

search site for halo CE to PC converter
convert ce maps to pc maps
change skins however you like
convert maps back to ce
play/test

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Feb 28, 2010 01:10 AM (Total replies: 14969)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
How'd you get the Halo: Reach AR sounds, at least for the reload I believe?

the sound files are on bungie.net, for those interested.
ar
dmr
frag
???
some covenant stuff

Time: Mon August 19, 2019 5:20 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website