A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: RemnantDark
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 21, 2009 05:16 PM
Occupation: Biochemistry/Computer Science Undergraduate Student
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Starcraft 2, Natural Selection 2, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, H:CE, Halo 4
X-Fire: Serioussharpshooter

Post Statistics
RemnantDark has contributed to 19 posts out of 469458 total posts (0.00%) in 3,918 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Floaters in map? (floating boxes) Mar 21, 2009 05:16 PM (Total replies: 2)

Yeah but I want to have pillars coming out of a slanted surface, and that would be very hard to make if I made them part of the BSP physically unless I slanted them to be parallel with the surface itself but that would make them very hard to stand upon xD

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Floaters in map? (floating boxes) Mar 21, 2009 12:34 PM (Total replies: 2)

Can i make a floating box or structure in my map that I have modeled (not scenery), every test I have tried I get this error when trying to export the JMS "--No ""get"" function for undefined" and in the list in JMS exporter this command is highlighted

append face_shader_index ((findItem geom_materials geometry_objects[g].material[face_matID[f]]) - 1)

Does this have something to do with my material? My map is not textured.

I have made floating boxes in my maps before but IDK why I cant do it again... I guess it is probably some other error related to the material

any help would be appreciated,

-RemnantDark117

*SOLVED*

Yeah this is related to material... I always thought you could export without textures... guess not?
Edited by RemnantDark on Mar 21, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lava? Mar 18, 2009 10:50 PM (Total replies: 2)

Thanks alot.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Death Triggers Mar 18, 2009 10:48 PM (Total replies: 12)

Thanks a load for that script xD

But as you said it wouldn't make a difference if I used it because the person picking up the flag would die anyways making it impossible to score in general =P.

Appreciate your help though.

Maybe it could be used for something else though I don't know what you would use it for... maybe even out game play if one path is too short to go from base to base with the flag and its cheap so put energy shield scenery there and use your script to kill em... would work like Snowbound except for flag users make more balanced game play =D

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lava? Mar 18, 2009 05:25 PM (Total replies: 2)

How can I make a lava water like the ones in the UT2k4 maps... Mooks hasent been on so I cant ask him...

Would I just use a Lava.tiff file in replace of water.tiff (A lava looking texture would be appreciated)
and just make sure the plane has "$" and "!"?

Thanks in advance,

Remnant~Dark117

X-Fire: Serioussharpshooter

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Marines Wounded? Mar 18, 2009 05:22 PM (Total replies: 14)

Mabye your messing up the teams or something?

Im not sure but you might be able to use EHSv2 to make it so when the marine takes damage it would switch the bsp to the coughing marine but im probley totally wrong in this matter =P

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Death Triggers Mar 18, 2009 05:19 PM (Total replies: 12)

=D yeah that would be great if we could make it so when you score you die.

I think I am just going to put a death trigger a little after the place where you score the flag so when you get in to score the flag and you move .1 cm more forward then you will die, but I am sure people will find another way to score the flag without dieing...

Also I would like to know if you would go through a flag base if there was no ground below it and you happened to drop down on it so you would score the flag and then drop down into like a spike pit or something...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Death Triggers Mar 15, 2009 08:23 PM (Total replies: 12)

Thanks guys

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3ds Max wont work no more =( help? Mar 14, 2009 09:33 PM (Total replies: 11)

Maybe someone with the Same 3ds max version as you can send you the biped file over x-fire (I use 5) Also try removing the file and opening it (most likely wont work)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » One big problem with my Halo CE Mar 14, 2009 09:29 PM (Total replies: 11)

@Sgt Blaze:

This is probably because your router is blocking your ports:

Google : Port forwarding

and make sure your firewall is not blocking Halo and Halo CE

Search the forum for port forwarding and firewall and also the ports that need to be forwarded can be found in game in options somewhere.
Edited by RemnantDark on Mar 14, 2009 at 09:30 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Death Triggers Mar 14, 2009 09:26 PM (Total replies: 12)

Ive searched the forum for almost an hour now and I have not stumbled upon anything explaining how to actually make a "Death Trigger" or a Death Zone. I Have seen this being used in many maps to kill a player but I would like to know how to incorporate into mine. My goal is that when someone hits the bottom of a shallow pond or stream (REALLY SHALLOW) they die. Also I would like to make it so that when someone scores the flag they die, if anyone can help me with that.

*Note* Please don't tell me to make it deep enough so that they die. =P.

Thanks for any help in advance,

~Remnant Dark

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hang em high bsp? Mar 10, 2009 09:20 PM (Total replies: 4)

Thanks for the info ;) But could someone tell me the proper things to check during import and mabye a working hang em high bsp? Or are we sticking with a varient because I wanna play Hang em High intense preety bad xD

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hang em high bsp? Mar 10, 2009 04:07 PM (Total replies: 4)

I have added him and he has given me a .OBJ from Sparkedit but I dont know what to check while importing it and what not to check. Also I dont think a .obj is going to cut it because while most of the times you only get 2-300 STL errors usually the whole model is messed up internally and you cant compile the BSP in tool.

Would appreciate any further help in this matter.

RemnantDark

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Hang em high bsp? Mar 9, 2009 05:52 PM (Total replies: 4)

Ive tried the BSP posted here but it has 3000+ STL errors: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2462

Out of all those STL erros I still decided to go through with the map anyways and after making a preety good modification with more strategy involved (because I know we are all sick of the "varients" posted around here, either thou' people are still contributing which is good) I ran into about 80 tool problems and 20 errors... Ok so I fix the 20 errors and alot of the Problems with the help of MF Boom but then we realize the problem would take months to fix (1-3) and with alot of tedious work, because 1 error can have up to 4 huge faces within other faces, and the model was a mess internally, but not externally.

So after alot of work I've scraped that model with just a screenie to show for what it was to be and now im asking if there is any Hang Em High models out there that are fairly accurate and scaled but most importantly without errors that I may use to edit to make some strategic and texture changes to the map so we can play a map with a new environment and strategic twist with intense weapons =D

BTW I have also searched the forum.

Heres the screenie: http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5189/hangemintenseremnantdar.jpg
Question in case you cant read all that: Anyone Have a Hang Em High BSP error free?

Thanks and I hope to get this out because I really like intense weapons and I really like Hang em High but Im not a fan of varients (nothing wrong with them thou') and if im unable to Model this or get a model then I will most likely be releasing a variant just like Zanzibar Intense.

Thanks and I appreciate any Help in Advance,
RemnantDark117

X-fire: Serioussharpshooter

yeah thx... I need to work on using my materials... Im really sloppy with them xD almost done fixing my degenerate triangles now (20). I figured it out by messing around with it before you posted and fixed the problem. But thx neways!

Really appreciate your help =D :)

RemnantDark

When I was compiling my map (Structure) I got this error...

http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=structureerror.jpg

I have never experienced an error like this, and it is indeed weird. I have searched the forum but only found 1 post over 2 weeks ago and no one responded or viewed it xD. I would appreciate any help. I have used my own knowledge and all error fixing tutorials but no one so as mentions this error, which I'm sure probably has a very simple solution.

thx in advance - ;)

RemnantDark

p.s- soz if this message is bland this is my 3rd time writing it... and yeah it gets less well written every time =P... got posting errors twice xD

Time: Sat November 16, 2019 10:48 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website