A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: rcghalohell
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 2, 2017 10:46 PM
Interests: Live gamertag: DarkB1ad3
Your Age: 19 (10/24/94)
What Games do you play: halo ce, halo 2, halo pc(rarely), halo trial(rarely)
I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Post Statistics
rcghalohell has contributed to 2034 posts out of 464833 total posts (.44%) in 3,214 days (.63 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Dec 2, 2017 10:46 PM (Total replies: 93)

had some downtime since a week after the demo release. finished up schoolwork early. time to get back to work

Halo CE General Discussion » The Thros' Alsthetic Two Betrayals Released! Dec 1, 2017 04:23 PM (Total replies: 11)

good stuff, livestreamed earlier

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Oct 24, 2017 12:41 PM (Total replies: 93)

behold! my first demo! the link is in the youtube video description, this is something i have worked on since may, and so you get the first 3 levels... i got 9 or so more to go XD however i will knock out a quick assignment and then immediately start with the next level... btw... i am never making a massively wide open area in this game again. it is way too difficult for encounters. here we are, https://youtu.be/4BmEG0Kn5NQ

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Oct 23, 2017 02:37 PM (Total replies: 93)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell

Put my 350z racecar project and video game project in front of my live life lmfao

Bruh xD

its ok though, i got another one, it's like you can get one at the store XD

Dude, I think you mixed up the hang-out centre with a brothel

I'm impressed, well done man

Nah she's too innocent.

I have an announcement! My hard drive... is perfectly fine! Ok, so I'm releasing a demo/beta most likely tomorrow , October 24th, my birthday (weird coincidence) as long as the final touches go according to plan. I'll post the link here, and send an @everyone post to the sparky, SBB, and my discord servers on the YouTube announcement containing the link. And after I'm done with that, in moving on to the 4th level immediately. I got 10 or 9 levels left. Should keep me busy.

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Oct 10, 2017 01:23 PM (Total replies: 93)

Put my 350z racecar project and video game project in front of my live life lmfao

Bruh xD

its ok though, i got another one, it's like you can get one at the store XD

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Oct 5, 2017 07:27 PM (Total replies: 93)

Aw man I only have 3 levels down, it would be so incomplete and have a cliffhanger so big if I released it now. After all it's only been 4 months of work. Once I get more schoolwork done, figure out if I still have a girlfriend, and let lightmaps take it's place, this stuff will return to a map a month. But during the time I'm away from my computer, I'm sketching the level designs for the future levels... I really am liking how the assault and tank missions are gonna look. As well as the final mission.

"figure out if I still have a girlfriend"
What did you do this time rcg?

Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
IMO, why don't you release your levels episode by episode, you can get helpful feedback that way and it will also create a lot more hype; you can completely polish level 1, 2 and release them and also keep work progressing on the upcoming episodes with keeping the feedback in mind. This way, the quality of each upcoming level will get better & better.

Actually episodes are a good idea, I may consider it. However I am avoiding redoing big bsp structures because lightmaps fur this latest level has taken a total of a month

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Oct 5, 2017 02:01 AM (Total replies: 93)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
at least release purgepoint 1, ive been waiting for this for too long.

Aw man I only have 3 levels down, it would be so incomplete and have a cliffhanger so big if I released it now. After all it's only been 4 months of work. Once I get more schoolwork done, figure out if I still have a girlfriend, and let lightmaps take it's place, this stuff will return to a map a month. But during the time I'm away from my computer, I'm sketching the level designs for the future levels... I really am liking how the assault and tank missions are gonna look. As well as the final mission.

Didn't even know we could upload profile pics

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Sep 30, 2017 09:24 PM (Total replies: 93)

i should grab my old laptop and try to make it operational. maybe that will be my lightmaps machine. i didnt have a preview for last month so heres something for you as well as a couple nice reveals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EcTzp9gfGU&feature=youtu.be

Halo CE General Discussion » Have HAC2. Don't know what to do pls help!!! Sep 21, 2017 01:21 PM (Total replies: 29)

the reason you are unable to join games is because you are using a cd key that alot of other people used and you are sharing their bans/problems/etc. get yourself the game, and your own cd key. problem solved

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Sep 15, 2017 09:53 AM (Total replies: 93)

Lots of love for my bumpers. Update, lightmaps for the 6 bsp for my 3rd level are halfway done (weeks of time) and I'm moving on to drop the project... kidding, that will never happen. I'm moving on to start setting up the script and placements in sapiens. Gonna be a long level somewhat if I can fit everything. We will see what is in store for me and how long my laptop can stay on without dying from the lightmaps

You might be able to ask somebody to help with rendering the lightmaps, some halo ce community members have done that a few times already.

dont i gotta send all the shaders being used? and scenery?

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Sep 15, 2017 01:16 AM (Total replies: 93)

Quote: --- Original message by: Alex
Bump

Lots of love for my bumpers. Update, lightmaps for the 6 bsp for my 3rd level are halfway done (weeks of time) and I'm moving on to drop the project... kidding, that will never happen. I'm moving on to start setting up the script and placements in sapiens. Gonna be a long level somewhat if I can fit everything. We will see what is in store for me and how long my laptop can stay on without dying from the lightmaps

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Update? Sep 14, 2017 11:33 PM (Total replies: 29)

the planned maplist is almost complete for me, i may just throw in the mention, the list could be sent if it could be fit in, its 10+ levels so it will need something
Edited by rcghalohell on Sep 14, 2017 at 11:35 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » error vertex #1 has a bad point Sep 14, 2017 11:31 PM (Total replies: 12)

no i dont use it at all.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » error vertex #1 has a bad point Sep 13, 2017 01:15 AM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
So it wasn't related to Refinery? I was lurking here in case you guys found a bug for me to fix.

nah, i dont even use refinery

Halo CE General Discussion » Playing with an Xbox One Controller. Sep 13, 2017 01:14 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: beachfrontnoob
Hi All,

I have recently just started with CE on the PC. I played on the original xbox, bought Master Cheif Collection and became frustrated with its lack of players on the server, thus here I now am. Anyway, I have been playing with the XB1 controller. I mapped the controller correctly, but it feels very off. I seem to "slide" left to right far too much, I am sure this is something that has came up before. Overall, it just does not feel the same. What can I do to fix this?

If someone can please point me in the right direction it would be truly appreciated.

Please refrain from "yelling" at me because this has been posted before. I poked around for awhile but couldn't find anything outside of a dropbox file that no longer exists.

Thanks!

since this is an old game, it thinks of your controller stick movements as pressing a key on a keyboard. so 4 directions only for multiplayer (8 if you have chimera installed) weird since singleplayer is fine

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » error vertex #1 has a bad point Sep 12, 2017 03:57 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Refinery for the map, jms exporter for the scene, tool for the rest

Try using HEK+ for the Map, GBX Model Importer or Aether if it's a BSP to get it into 3DS max, and then tool to export.

But I use adjutant since I don't have to fix the material when importing bsp.

Thats fine. Just try using HEK+ and ghosts jms exporter. Process of elimination and all

found the problem, the placement of my bsp exceeded the size limit from the 0,0 center of the scene. now i just have to fix it up

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » error vertex #1 has a bad point Sep 11, 2017 09:08 PM (Total replies: 12)

Try using HEK+ for the Map, GBX Model Importer or Aether if it's a BSP to get it into 3DS max, and then tool to export.

But I use adjutant since I don't have to fix the material when importing bsp.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » error vertex #1 has a bad point Sep 11, 2017 10:29 AM (Total replies: 12)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » error vertex #1 has a bad point Sep 11, 2017 12:54 AM (Total replies: 12)

tool has a vertex with a bad point but .wrl wont show where, i need to get an rpg open 6 rip working for my level, but i cant get it going because of that... suggestions? im out of options

Time: Wed December 13, 2017 9:35 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website