A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: rcghalohell
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 16, 2017 12:05 AM
Interests: Live gamertag: DarkB1ad3
Your Age: 19 (10/24/94)
What Games do you play: halo ce, halo 2, halo pc(rarely), halo trial(rarely)
I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Post Statistics
rcghalohell has contributed to 2008 posts out of 464162 total posts (.43%) in 3,099 days (.65 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 16, 2017 12:05 AM (Total replies: 12092)

release date?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Incursion Aug 15, 2017 02:07 AM (Total replies: 5)

wanna know what keeps me going with operation purgepoint? watching stuff on my second screen and seeings awesome results. i already have most of the story planned out

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Aug 11, 2017 02:15 AM (Total replies: 63)

2nd level 100%. Onwards!

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Aug 7, 2017 11:58 PM (Total replies: 63)

i know its been almost a week but my update is the second level is near completion. no pictures because theres a few things i realllllly dont want to spoil. not sure if cookiez will or not, but can someone bump this for me
Edited by rcghalohell on Aug 7, 2017 at 11:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Gamenight! - August 27th Aug 2, 2017 07:48 PM (Total replies: 10)

I wish there was another ce3. I have something to show the world

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 31, 2017 08:00 PM (Total replies: 63)

i'm working as fast as i can, i have some pelican seat things that i need to find out for a script to end the level due to player enter, as well as another to drop off a full bus of marines... no clue how... also i have made teleporters a thing. should be interesting and im borrowing a non-halo warp sound

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 27, 2017 12:44 AM (Total replies: 63)

yes it does, heres a youtube video for an update, im trying to hide alot still https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAkhWhQQEHI&feature=youtu.be

moved names around for levels, and i finished the first bsp game setup for the second level. working on the next one.
Edited by rcghalohell on Jul 27, 2017 at 01:32 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Update? Jul 27, 2017 12:44 AM (Total replies: 16)

i got a suggestion, operation purgepoint :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 25, 2017 09:40 PM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: cookiez4eva
Will there be a demo? This stuff looks really good and you have given us updates, but it feels like you are keeping stuff as a mystery too. Haven't heard much on story

Demo pending, I want the story to stay a mystery and be intense, it's a long one, there's too many short ones. I've noticed photobucket has been acting up so im moving all my photos to imgur.

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 23, 2017 08:41 PM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I'd tone down some of the blue lights, the forerunner stuff is more often a cyan, than it is a deep blue. Looks cool otherwise though.

i know, i was planning on toning it down at the end of this level once they leave the planet

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 21, 2017 10:17 PM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
I'm pretty excited for this.
Some fun BSP stuff I'm seeing here

Thanks, I always had a knack for making good ambience. Gonna be a long campaign, but tricky to set up the structure to match the story length. Gonna have to sketch some stuff out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 19, 2017 12:50 PM (Total replies: 63)

update so far on 2nd level. first part of it is playable

images outdated, refer to first post for these images
Edited by rcghalohell on Jul 25, 2017 at 11:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 18, 2017 01:20 AM (Total replies: 63)

well i have a few issues, i need something that can be solid green and blue bitmaps and work... and then theres a collision error when running structure for the next level. theres no wrl so im not sure what to do. gonna slow me down until i can fix it and that bitmap issue, i need to get rid of the white blank, and transparent bitmaps that are supposed to be solid blue, lightblue and green

also i did lightmaps 1 .0000001
Edited by rcghalohell on Jul 18, 2017 at 01:20 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 16, 2017 05:54 PM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: afD2345

This map looks really cool! It reminds me of some of the old-school sp-maps.

Quote: -- rendering radiosity... 2 days later it is still going on... --

IIRC, you can also use tool to run radiosity (tool lightmaps <scenario> <bsp index> <quality> <stop threshhold>). Tool should be faster, I think.

Edit1: stop threshhold should be in range 0...1
Edited by afD2345 on Jul 16, 2017 at 09:33 AM

So pretty much: tool lightmaps levels/projectx/intro/x10_andrania 0 1? Or is it 1 1? i do radiosity at 1 when I'm ready with the map
Edited by rcghalohell on Jul 16, 2017 at 05:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 15, 2017 11:54 PM (Total replies: 63)

Awesome. Thanks, the first level is 90% done. I have to figure out a fix for the cutscene skip, and change the voice levels because the music is too loud compared to it... yea i realized that when I was changing my music volume to 10 from 6 lul
Edited by rcghalohell on Jul 16, 2017 at 12:07 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 14, 2017 11:06 PM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
First level almost complete. Trying to avoid hitting that 150mb mark lol. I just need to figure out how to script stuff for if an enemy detects the player, then trigger something, and a device thing... o have no idea how to use devices and give the missing strings names. Storm may be voicing cortez

(sleep_until (=4 (ai_status ENCOUNTER_NAME)) 5)

Or you can use =5 and it will sleep until the AI actually SEES an enemy, not just hears/magic aware of one.

(device_set_position DEVICE_NAME 0)
Closed
(device_set_position DEVICE_NAME 1)
Open

The device one is confusing. So what can I set up as a trigger for an ai place, door open, and music setup from a switch press... ex. Switch1, bsp2door3, blah/blah/epicmusic, ai_place cov13?

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 14, 2017 09:58 PM (Total replies: 63)

First level almost complete. Trying to avoid hitting that 150mb mark lol. I just need to figure out how to script stuff for if an enemy detects the player, then trigger something, and a device thing... o have no idea how to use devices and give the missing strings names. Storm may be voicing cortez

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 8, 2017 11:34 PM (Total replies: 63)

Is it wrong that I keep playing my own stuff on legendary? Idk why but it's so addicting
Edited by rcghalohell on Jul 8, 2017 at 11:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 6, 2017 12:43 PM (Total replies: 12092)

gonna put an easter egg in my campaign that says cmtripz

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jul 4, 2017 11:35 PM (Total replies: 63)

The plot of my whole story idea that I've written down is 75 percent done, and I may have a voice actor candidate. The final bsp for the first level is currently being worked on
Edited by rcghalohell on Jul 4, 2017 at 11:36 PM

Time: Sun August 20, 2017 1:14 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website