A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: rcghalohell
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 13, 2018 02:40 PM
Interests: Live gamertag: DarkB1ad3
Your Age: 19 (10/24/94)
What Games do you play: halo ce, halo 2, halo pc(rarely), halo trial(rarely)
I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Post Statistics
rcghalohell has contributed to 2058 posts out of 465693 total posts (.44%) in 3,284 days (.63 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » December HMU final call + CE3 Award Show Info Feb 13, 2018 02:40 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
lol

This dismissive attitude is why I thought it was cancelled.

The CE3 liveshow in the summer is canceled.

The Awards show is separate along with HMU. The 2018 Award Show deadline is whenever it makes sense near the end of the year. HMU deadlines are whenever we feel like it.

so never

Halo CE General Discussion » Mapping Competition - $150 Given Away Feb 9, 2018 01:41 AM (Total replies: 8)

i wont get a since vote

Halo CE General Discussion » Mapping Competition - $150 Given Away Feb 8, 2018 11:53 PM (Total replies: 8)

perhaps my 2nd or 3rd release will be a good one for this

Halo CE General Discussion » why Feb 6, 2018 01:40 AM (Total replies: 14)

they're both terrible, lumoria is best followed by rpsp

Halo CE General Discussion » Just uploaded my first mod! Jan 29, 2018 10:57 PM (Total replies: 22)

just do what me and half the community does, rip and mod

Halo CE General Discussion » Help, error in cmd Jan 29, 2018 01:35 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Few things
1. You know its easier and faster to printscreen than to take a picture with a phone and do this, right?
2. It looks like you're building a level, did you make sure that the world is completely enclosed with no holes?
3. If you used editable poly, did you remember to convert back to editable mesh when you exported?

the one rule i have never ever followed because it still works for me regardless

Depends on some circumstances. While far from comprehensive, I've found that it sometimes gives me issues on newer 3dsmax versions that require the bluestreak exporter. Sometimes geometry up and disappears during export, making Tool give out an error that shouldn't exist.

I have never had this issue with 3ds max 8 and the Blitzkrieg exporter.

ive actually been using 2017 the whole time along with jms exporter 1.0.4

Halo CE General Discussion » Just uploaded my first mod! Jan 29, 2018 01:34 PM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989

Well, I followed your advice, and here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dd5li60cduz6ez6/a50_biogoji_v1.zip

Just copy and paste the address into your browser's search bar.

Keep in mind this is version 1. Verson 1.5 will be released later alongside mods of a10, a30, and b30 in the coming month.
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jan 29, 2018 at 09:31 AM
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Jan 29, 2018 at 09:32 AM

sounds great, ill make it easier for the rest of the people using the hyperlink button above the text box ^^^

Halo CE General Discussion » Help, error in cmd Jan 29, 2018 02:35 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Few things
1. You know its easier and faster to printscreen than to take a picture with a phone and do this, right?
2. It looks like you're building a level, did you make sure that the world is completely enclosed with no holes?
3. If you used editable poly, did you remember to convert back to editable mesh when you exported?

the one rule i have never ever followed because it still works for me regardless

Quote: --- Original message by: YottaBiter
instructions unclear, d*ck stuck in toaster

FTFM

lol had to keep it pg

Halo CE General Discussion » Just uploaded my first mod! Jan 29, 2018 12:11 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
for now, just spread the word, share a link through mediafire, and tell storm, he's cool and will most likely do a gamenight with it if it is multiplayer, if it is singleplayer, pass that my way, and ill do a gameplay video on it and share the word. would be nice downtime from my operation purgepoint work. been playing garry's mod for the last 2 days

Well, I don't have a mediafire account. I did upload the file to CE3, in zip format, along with the requisite text file describing it. But, I haven't seen the map featured on CE3 at all since then, and it's been a week or two. Granted, I'm already working on a newer version of the mod, so maybe I'll just wait until I've finished that before I try releasing anything anywhere.

Also, when you say Storm, do you mean Storm from Storm and Blackbird? The guy with the deep voice? If so, it might be fun to see my mod featured on one of his videos. I'd love to watch as he reacts to the weirdly colored stealth elites and purple grunts I put in there.

Although, again, I am already working on campaign mod 1.5, so we'll see when I start uploading to anywhere.

Although, just to be safe, when I upload a modded map to CE3, I do include the text file in the zip file as the map, right?

mediafire is fairly easy, plus its the best way to instantly share, if its a campaign, i could do a gameplay video for you, and yes, that storm. hes a great guy

instructions unclear, finger stuck in toaster

Halo CE General Discussion » Just uploaded my first mod! Jan 28, 2018 01:37 AM (Total replies: 22)

for now, just spread the word, share a link through mediafire, and tell storm, he's cool and will most likely do a gamenight with it if it is multiplayer, if it is singleplayer, pass that my way, and ill do a gameplay video on it and share the word. would be nice downtime from my operation purgepoint work. been playing garry's mod for the last 2 days

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jan 18, 2018 01:29 PM (Total replies: 110)

shoutout to all my bumpers, anyways after 3 months, my 5th level is about done, just doing a final runthrough on legendary. idk why but my night missions are always so much better than my day ones but this one is really good

Halo CE General Discussion » Sounds being wierd...(repost) Jan 16, 2018 01:09 AM (Total replies: 11)

if it requires python, i have hard time figuring out how to open things

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jan 15, 2018 01:24 PM (Total replies: 110)

of course, and im in discord sbb servers too under the same name, rcghalohell

Halo CE General Discussion » Sounds being wierd...(repost) Jan 14, 2018 08:39 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dabouss 15x

So I posted this on the Halo CE tech section but I decided to repost it here. (since this is where everyone seems to be) but I had a question as to why when I play a .sound_looping file from the level "The Maw" it only plays for a split second and cuts out abruptly. I have tried using (sleep blahblah) and have used other sound_looping files but nothing seems to work. Any fixes?

Here is the script I used for the music portion of my level.

(script startup gameplay
(sleep_until
(volume_test_objects music
(players)) 15)
(game_save)
(sound_looping_predict levels\d40\music\d40_08)
(sound_looping_start levels\d40\music\d40_08 none 1)
*problem*
)
Edited by Dabouss 15x on Jan 14, 2018 at 08:23 PM

ive had this problem too, its something about the permutations, i have no idea how to fix it so i just remake the songs using the soundtrack

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jan 14, 2018 07:34 PM (Total replies: 110)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY4E337pPAk&list=PLcgWNXzDJUdB5zVeb3nVTXLq3lqs8Wxbp&index=7

nothing like adding an optional objective that affects the level. i think i pissed off latinos because i get thumbs down on all my stuff

I always thought that part of Gears 2 was cool, neat to see it repurposed for Halo
next to halo and the forza(non-horizon) series, gears was my favorite... probably top 2 followed by forza motorsport. im gonna sneak in a couple more things here and there ;D spread throughout the campaign

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jan 13, 2018 09:29 PM (Total replies: 110)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Hehehe, no doubt that you were inspired by this :P

Might want to skip the 9th level intro :P

9th level?!?!?

That's a lot man

Also, I didn't really give you feedback, but the most important thing I can think of is that some outdoor areas were too big and too empty, it gave me a similar feeling as when I'm in a dream and I get more and more alone along the way, not a good thing.

Some outdoor areas were great, the first outdoor area after getting out of the forerunner facility was really great for example, there was cover, it wasn't too big, it didn't feel empty and it was a fun encounter, keep going forward with that!

13 total. i made that mistake when realizing putting too much would lag it out, so its just going to be a base level for one more level. other than that i know what im setting up for the rest, im upscaling some hud items, however i cant find an upscale for the shotgun reticle.

you might like the 5th level. im releasing another set after the 6th level. then again on the 8th and 9th. however i feel it would be good to figure out for story reasons how the rest is released... maybe 11th and then full set

Halo CE General Discussion » Is there a limit for map's size? Jan 13, 2018 02:03 AM (Total replies: 12)

I'm actually going to piggyback off of this. What is the limit from the center?

General Machinima Discussions » Halo Maps Check-In Jan 11, 2018 09:56 PM (Total replies: 3)

Time: Wed February 21, 2018 8:30 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website