A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
Viewing User Profile for: Masters1337
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 02:04 AM
Your Age: 25
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears of War, Infinity Blade, Nothing else
halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Post Statistics
Masters1337 has contributed to 5806 posts out of 466127 total posts (1.25%) in 4,396 days (1.32 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit Essentials (MEKE) Yesterday @ 02:04 AM (Total replies: 24)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python35\lib\site-packages\binilla\field_widgets.py", line 519, in export_node
File "C:\Python35\lib\site-packages\supyr_struct\blocks\block.py", line 733, in serialize
OSError: Output filepath for serializing Block was invalid or the file could not be created.

Could not export 'material_responses' node.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 13, 2018 05:06 PM (Total replies: 59)

Universal UI is not something I work on, there will be an updated SPV# install for everyone for the 3.2 patch which will include the spv3 lumoria, and any other maps we add in. We also may have an archive menu in it so people via the UI can access the SPV1, SPV2, and SPV3 alphas and betas.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 13, 2018 01:50 PM (Total replies: 59)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
The project is open source so people can do as they please.
Though I am concerned with some of the plans here. I didn't like the SPv3 visual style, and would prefer not to see it in Lumoria. As others have mentioned, this project was meant to be more vibrant in style. Changing up the story - especially linking it to Halo 5 - is also a big nono, and I am also definitely not interested in seeing any new episodes that weren't devised by us.

Last but not least, definitely don't call the project "Lumoria Remastered", as the term remastered is only applicable when the original creators agree that the updates and changes are in line with the lovingly created vision of the original project.

If I had the time and motivation to undertake an actual remastered version, I would just like to see some upgraded visuals and tags (but not a change in style). Most of the encounters are fine as they are (indeed the original tagset was adjusted to expand the range of certain enemies), there's just a few bugs and tidbits I would still tweak (such as adding in a few nav-points here to clarify objectives).

Again though, in the end it's completely open source so go nuts. Just give proper credit. But it doesn't mean I like to see our baby treated like this

Well, I wouldn't be worried about the visual style being changed, outside of weapons and assets, I don't plan on doing anything that desaturates it like we did with A30. The only thing I do want to do is since we are having it be 3 missions (episode 2 is now umoria_b and lumoria_cd) is to have the time of day change as you go through the maps.

Unfortunately, the story was one of the things most criticized by people when it came out. I can go over my proposed changes for it in discord with you, but it's all largely staying the same. Same characters, same events. Some slight different motivations behind the characters as it takes place as they fled reach, but I'd say 95% of the story is staying the same.

For better or worse, when you guys wrote this you dropped all sorts of hints to things that became intrgal to 343's story, especially Halo 5 with mentions of precursors, the librarian and the mantle. This is all stuff I plan to remove as well as what once seemed like cool allusions to bungie's mysteries now feels like fan service to 343 without any sort of payoff. What I essentially want to do, is make Sage a bungie styled looking guardian, who suffered from the same corruption as Mecidant Bias which was the forerunner AI the gravemind turned against the forerunners in Bungie's H3 terminals. Then we can do some cool gameplay sequences with the effects of it's EMP pulses going off as you proceed through parts of the final level.

Definitely not calling it Lumoria Remastered, the current plan is to have in the UI as Lumoria Campaign under the button for the regular campaign (which may be renamed to something else) I've also considered having it in the UI as May's Camaign, and then having the classic one being Chiefs Campaign. Or when you click the campaign button it will give you the option then to select one of the two. It's really undecided and I don't have any strong opinion one way or the other.

The encounter changes I have planned are relatively minor, the biggest ones are just picking up the pace of the game. In E1 you fight up the hill before the rocket warthog, rather than hold off the same saves of dropships from the same spot over and over again, and in E2 I have that other tower defense version set to let you use vehicles for the first part, and then once you go indoors you have to do it on foot. There's only so many times that the player has to prove they can do the same thing over and over again in the same environments

If you have a list of things you wanted to go back and tweak, I can take a look at them. We also have a professional audio guy working on a lot of the audio for it, so waypoints are something I'd hope to get rid of and add new dialog instead. You'll be happy to know that brandon now has all new dialog, including conditional so he doesn't switch to being one of the random marines as you play.

In the end, this is your baby and I got no intentions of distorting it into something unrecognizable. It was Lumoria that got me inspired to even bother coming back to the halo ce scene in the first place, and this will be my last project so I intend to give it the justice it deserves. And of course, everyone who contributed to the original will be credited.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Thros' Alsthetic Two Betrayals Released! Mar 13, 2018 01:54 AM (Total replies: 26)

It shouldn't break your SPV3 install, since that is now something separate from CE,

The Revengers

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 10, 2018 02:00 PM (Total replies: 59)

In other news, we've successfully merged some of the episode 2 maps. So now there will be episode 1, episode 2, and episode 3. Lumoria parts 3 and 4 are now just episode 3, and the plan is to give them their own story arch, where as episode 1 and 2 have each of their own.

Also have been debating giving the missions actually names, rather than Episode 1 2 and 3.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 8, 2018 03:54 PM (Total replies: 23)

Crates I believe.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 8, 2018 03:34 PM (Total replies: 23)

That was Ms Doubtfire, he ended up doing some of the scenery objects for H2. Mothergoat also had a job in the industry, I forget where though.

Nitro unfortunately ended up working on H2V with hired gun.

Halo CE General Discussion » HaloCE save issue Mar 7, 2018 11:49 PM (Total replies: 9)

Yeah those maps were busted due to old map protection back in the day. Just download SPV3 off the subreddit or the SPV2 beta via the discord.

Halo CE General Discussion » HaloCE save issue Mar 7, 2018 10:33 PM (Total replies: 9)

Yeah those maps were busted due to old map protection back in the day. Just download SPV3 off the subreddit or the SPV2 beta via the discord.

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Where's that coming from? And there never was any forerunner tank vehicle, the only forerunner tank was the mission, and the only thing we have of that is from part of the gravemind cutscene.

It looks like a still from Evolution Of HALO [Beta Pre-XBOX] RTS & 3rd Person version, but the quality seems higher. It was amongst some files Michelle had bundled together. I'm not sure where it originated from initially.

Halopedia's page for the Forerunner Tank has a sketch that matches up very closely to the model in the screenshot, but this may be distinct from the one that was planned for Halo 2.

Pretty sure that article is wrong. I asked them where they got confirmation that the concept art was of an actual forerunner vehicle. It looks far more similar to the seraph if anything.

Where's that coming from? And there never was any forerunner tank vehicle, the only forerunner tank was the mission, and the only thing we have of that is from part of the gravemind cutscene.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 5, 2018 06:40 PM (Total replies: 59)

Quote: --- Original message by: ItzMeFizzie
Nice! I would love to play lumoria with SPV3 tagset! The gunplay in SPV3 is increadible fun! It makes Halo CE so much better in my opinion.

Lumoria is a great campaign! Really fun and epic! But the problem is that i ain't too keen on the original Halo CE gunplay. It's outdated. But SPV3's combat is just so damn amazing!

Please make this happen Masterz, it would be amazing! I love your work with SPV3. And i think this and Oddball will be amazing as well! Keep it up! :)

You shouldn't be disappointed in this then.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Sorry Dennis but that guy Masterz1337 isn't a good person and he shouldnt be making halo mods.
There is substantial evidence to the contrary.

Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The project is underway and we have been playing with SPV3 Lumoria for several days now.

First, I hope there is a better name than "SPV3 Lumoria". I mean SPV3 was a campaign series that has been completed right? Lumoria Remastered or something else would be somewhat better.

Higuy invited us to voice concern. So here is mine.

I would be very careful about breaking the Halo 1 feel that this series of maps was designed for. This map was released with the specific intent to use Halo 1 graphics and tagsets, even though there were many other options available when the map was released in 2010. Breaking the Halo 1 feel may make the map feel out of place.

Despite my concerns, I am sure that the map will be remastered wonderfully.

Good luck.

SPV3 Lumoria is what we are calling it internally, but the plan is to marry it into the SPV3 family with the next update (3.2). One of my biggest problems (while still loving Lumoria) was that it was focused on the wide and grand environments, but was based around a tagset that was really all about close range fighting rather than ranged, and there were several concessions made to it in order for it to work (ai firing at longer ranges, which like H5 creates a situation of more pop and shoot vs getting in with your AR).

Our tagset does offer a lot more in the ranged enemy variety, as well as units like the skirmisher who can take use of these massive environments. We want to give Lumoria the same treatment we gave the original campaign, and make it feel like a bonus add on to SPV3, just as Lumoria was designed to feel like a bonus add on to H1.

We really want to marry it closer to H1 as well, with the revised story sort of being connective tissue between Reach, H1, and oddly enough, H5. We're keeping the story 90% the same, but will be changing some of the lore around it to make it better fit into it being sort of an expansion pack to H1, but able to tap into some of the newer lore with the forunners and the flood.

Quote: --- Original message by: natepley

This sounds really awesome! I'm looking forward to it. If you want to extend the maps, maybe you could use some unused sections from SPV2. I love going back and playing SPV2 sometimes - especially Halo - since many of the extra areas don't show up in SPV3.

I'll also add my name to the list of people who definitely want to hear Blow Me Away in SPV3 Lumoria.

Adding wildlife to Lumoria would make sense since it's a planet, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for blind wolves to be there since they live on halo... Even if it didn't make sense I think they'd add some atmosphere and gameplay options to Lumoria.
Edited by natepley on Mar 5, 2018 at 11:09 AM

Wildlife is def something I wanted to add with our blind wolves. We haven't looked much into getting new areas into it, as things are already well defined and well paced. But I did want to try and replace that one AOTCR room in episode 1.

I like a lot of our old geometry too... there is probably enough of it to cobble together a potential Lumoria Episode 3 /4 (we have decided to make Lumoria parts c and d, one mission, and make a and b their own chapters) with the new story we have as a sort of epilogue, but there are no plans for that and it is far far to early to be making any decisions. If higuy has more geometry.. it could be a possibility.

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: natepley
Adding wildlife to Lumoria would make sense since it's a planet, but I'm not sure if it would make sense for blind wolves to be there since they live on halo...

Given that the Halo rings are artificial, I don't think any wildlife found on them would be native to the construct. They'd probably be species that had been brought in from elsewhere. I agree that it'd be good to see more ambient wildlife on Lumoria.

We had planned on adding some blind wolves/larger dinosaur looking creatures from E3 2000 demo into Lumoria but never panned out. I think we had the models made for them though.

gimme files nao

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 2, 2018 10:33 PM (Total replies: 59)

For the OG team I should have stuff for you soon... when Lodex made the encounters there wasn't any range based on difficulty, so I been trying to figure out the sweet spot in difficulty for them. Also with the ranged combat being a big thing in lumoria, there is some odities in re-framing encounters. Almost looks like you guys extended the rang of some of the AI for your builds... but we have a few things to compensate for that. If somone with modeling talent wants to make us a beam rifle... that be great.

Oddball is on indefinite hold right now, not sure what is going to happen to it.

We are also looking at visual changes to the map, beyond our forerunner shaders and changing the time of day (dawn for map 1, day for map 2, and sunset for maps 3 and 4 (which will be 1 map)) of some of the maps. Suggestions are welcome.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Feb 28, 2018 10:41 AM (Total replies: 59)

The hope is to do all new audio recordings. The project is underway and we have been playing with SPV3 Lumoria for several days now. There's also a chance a relic from the past may make a re-appearance in SPV3 Lumoria...

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 28, 2018 08:27 AM (Total replies: 11475)

This along with Church will go down as the best looking CE maps of all time.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Feb 24, 2018 05:48 AM (Total replies: 59)

Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989

So, does this mean that Lumoria will now have the HUD featured in SPV3, and additional weapons such as the DMR and the Battle Rifle? Will the various bipeds be replaced? I'm going to take a guess that a revamped Lumoria may use OpenSauce, right? I mean, I've played Lumoria, and it's one of the best custom single player mods out there, so... what exactly would revamping it entail, specifically?

Also, please tell me that the instrumental version of Blow Me Away will remain intact, though. Halo 2 Anniversary broke my heart when it replaced Blow Me Away and forced me to switch to the old graphics in order to hear it in the game. I don't want to go through that again.
Edited by BioGoji1989 on Feb 22, 2018 at 01:07 PM

It would indeed be with all the SPV3 content. I haven't looked into what we would do with the music yet.

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Voice acting was my main "issue" with Lumoria: It was really cool that they had it, and it wasn't all bad (they did better than I'd have done), but it wasn't the best either. As a player, I would rather have no voice acting (the Covert Ops campaign utilized on-screen HUD messages to convey dialogue) than sub-par voice acting.

Additionally, given the pre-Xbox influences on the Lumoria aesthetic (particularly the Spectre, Elite shield gauntlet, etc.), it would be cool to see more things like that.

Slight disagreement. The on-screen text stuff bugs me to no end. Voice acting may not have been the best but i prefer it over text on screen.

Also, that weird guardian thing could definately use a touch up, along with the boss fight

Yeah, voice acting needs to be redone to the same quality bar we had for some of the content in SPV3. We have a sizeable enough sound team that's ready to do it, once story changes are done.

Def want to redo the boss fights/encounters and story revisions making that thing a Guardian was something I considered when playing through it recently, and seems to be the only real option.

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Will the tagset also be changed to the SPV3 tagset?

A few ideas that quickly came to mind:
-Improved cutscenes, especially the one where antecedent sage get's destroyed, it's so bad that it's hilarious atm.
-The troops shadow feels with art slightly out of place, maybe that could use a touch up.
-There was some nice use of foliage on the ground, maybe the ground could get a bit more thicker grass.
-New enviroments, these were one of the most enjoyable additions of SPV3 and could greatly benefit the experience of a remake, maybe those added enviroments can have some better use of the auto-turret which is quite a gimmick at the moment.
-Voice acted terminals, the terminals were quite dull and I couldn't really stay interested enough to finish reading it, adding voice acting might make it a lot more interesting

These ideas are probably too ambitious for the most part, but you asked for feedback and here is some.

-Will touch on this down below with MattDratts post
-The troop shadow is something I'd be removing, there are better vehicles that can provide more interesting interactions with the player.
-I have to see what source files are available, I do want to get rid of the AOTCR room in E1 as people have played it so many times, especially in SPV3.
-Auto Turret would be going away too, was going to let the player hijack a wraith there instead to use against the Covenant.
-Terminals would likely be done in the way we did them for SPV3 Part 2 maps, 3 per mission for each faction delving into different characters expierences in paragraph sized chunks that can be read within a minute and exited when the player chooses.
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

It has potential but the number of fixes required is pretty high.

- Voice acting needs to be gutted
- Cutscenes need to be completely redone
- BSP quality is crap especially compared to the models and shaders in SPV3
- BSPs are lower quality then that of the vanilla game aside from a few structures
- Lighting needs to be re ran completely especially in later BSPs
- Drop ships are glitchy and messy and could use real recorded animations
- The giant sentinel needs to be completely redone
- Many encounters have to be rebalanced

I think by far the strongest point of lumoria is the first act. After that, the quality really started to drop IMO. Itís 3 levelís of the same environments, ripped BSPs that weíve seen 100 times and overly chaotic encounters. I canít help but think that the project is better off as it was intended and that it would feel like an awkward cheap attempt to implement SPV3 stuff without major, major work.

All that being said, I did enjoy lumoria and will probably replay it again, but I donít see any point of trying to re release it as I feel itís already in its best state.

A vanilla reboot with a bunch of fixes for what I mentioned above would be better I think.

The SPV3 sandbox would shine in a custom environment full of new areas and a new story. Lumoria is good as it was, TSC was good as it was and while SPV3 is great, it doesnít touch the original campaign. All of these recreations live in the shadows of their original products.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Feb 22, 2018 at 07:54 PM

To the contrary, I always felt the wide open areas never complimented the H1 tagset well. With SPV3 we have the diversity in it especially with ranged combat, to explore those spaces in a new way.

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
-Voice acting could be cleaned especially now that there is more access to find cheap for hire voice actors online. It was honestly pretty difficult to find voice actors back in the days of Lumosos.
-Cutscenes could be cleaned. Those were my early days. I'm not even sure if I knew how to do recorded animations back then. Ouch.
-In addition to all of that, I think the story could be cleaned up and focused too. I don't think a lot of people really understood what the heck was going on with the Sage. Terminals should be optional and add to the story, not be required to understand a major chunk of it.
-I dunno, I liked the gameplay. Shrugs.

TBH, I was thinking of culling a fair amount of cinematics. E2 spends it's opening with like 5 minutes of exposition and a remake of the opening cinematic of POA.

The story I would largely keep the same, but have it take place in parallel to H1, and be about another Spartan who fled Reach on another ship. Like Chief, they end up on another world, where a new threat is accidentally discovered (A Guardian with some sort of issue that makes it a threat). They fight the Guardian.. destroy it but not without some consequence to the ship or slipspace drive.... and then they start a long journey home where more adventures await?
Edited by Masters1337 on Feb 24, 2018 at 06:00 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Feb 22, 2018 05:37 AM (Total replies: 59)

Well, you can guess what this is for. I've been talking with Lodex and Higuy about a potential revamp of Lumoria as a companion campaign for SPV3's upcoming patch (which is basically a LUA powered SPV3, we were unable to use LUA as Chimera only became a thing in the last months of dev).

I have some ideas of my own, but I would like to get some feedback from you guys as to your thoughts on it. This is a thread for feedback, not bashing. I can tell you that 2 of the priorities of this revival/revamp will be redoing the lightmaps and voice acting.

If you haven't played lumoria, or it's been a while you should recheck it out. http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6507

If you have Universal UI, don't replace your ui.map file.
Edited by Masters1337 on Feb 22, 2018 at 05:43 AM

Iíve doomed us all

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I restart Tags?? Feb 16, 2018 11:49 AM (Total replies: 4)

Don't delete the UI folder, it has tags in there used for Sapien that are not found in any maps.

Time: Sat March 17, 2018 4:03 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website