A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Masters1337
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 25, 2019 05:31 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 25
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears of War, Infinity Blade, Nothing else
halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Post Statistics
Masters1337 has contributed to 5886 posts out of 469516 total posts (1.25%) in 5,032 days (1.17 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Planet Flood C Infinite!?! Sep 25, 2019 05:31 PM (Total replies: 9)

This may be the only time people will wish I were listened to.

We'll be handing it out in the discord and getting as many more people into testing as we can tomorrow.

Hypothetically, a SPV4 would be a whole new project. I debated calling whatever MCC rebalancing shenanigans we get into SPV4, but a hypothetical name of Masterz Chief Collection has been bounced around too, although I don't like the project being solely attached to me. But calling it SPV4 would set an expectation it would be like this, which I don't think could ever be really replicated in scope and scale.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, incorperated it into the readme for tomorrows launch.

Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
From the size/scope of this update it really sounds like you should've called it SPV4. Not trying to troll or anything but from the looks of it you and the team really changed up alot of things compared to SPV3.1

Yeah, but we sort of solidified on the naming system using a 3.X.Y system where X designates a total cache rebuild, and the Y indicates a change to the individual map files. Then a letter indicates launcher/installer version. We were discussing how this is going to change today, as we now can push updates via the launcher and can update maps whenever we want with the click of a button, as well as the launcher version to add new features, and later new versions of Chimera and LUA script support.

I am currently putting together the SPV3.2 credits. As a project that has gone on so many years and had so many people contribute in some way or form, we don't want to be excluded. Please review the following, and let us know if we have forgotten you, something you have contributed, or someone you know.

Quote:
CMT
Project Lead
-Masterz1337

Project Co-Leaders
-SOI7
-Mortis
-The Lag (Former, TSC:E)

Installer and Launcher
-Emilian Roman // Yumiris

2D Artists
-Dano
-SOI7
-Alexis
-KillaFTW
-BobTheGreat
-Conscars

3D Artists
-BobtheGreat
-SOI7
-Dano
-Random Recon (Christian Blanche)

Environmental Artists
-Arteen
-Teh Lag
-Siliconmaster
-BobtheGreat
-KillaFTW
-LlamaJuice
-Neodos
-Slappy The Pirate

Animation Artists
-ODX
-Teh Lag
-SOI7
-KillaFTW
-MattDratt (Lumoria)

Effects Artists
-Ifafudafi
-SOI7
-Teh Lag
-Mastez1337

Shader Team
-Alexis
-KillaFTW
-SOI7
-Teh Lag
-Masterz1337

UI and HUD Design
-Jesse
-SBD Jazz
-H3Freak09
-Mooseguy

Audio Designers
-Seamus Bradd
-Greg Wasdyke
-Daniel Calibyrnes Baylis
-Wort Wort Wort
-Mr. Chromed
-Bungie & 343

Voice Actors
-Dominique Mabille
-Greg Wasdyke
-Crazy Greg ?????
-Kelly ???
-Arcadian Fox
-Masterz1337
-Guardian guy
-Old scarecrow guy

Soundtrack
-Jafet Meza
-Seamus Bradd
-Robbie Scias Johnson
-Brophy
-Marty O'Donnel & Michael Salvatori

Terminal Team (Writers)
-Masterz1337
-Daniel Calibyrnes Baylis
-Matthew Langdon
-General Battuta

Addition Tool support
-Yumiris
-SBB Michele
-MosesOfEgypt
-ShadowSpartan1
-SteelixB
-ChokingVictim

Mission Designers
-Masterz1337 (SPV3)
-Arteen (SPV3)
-The Lag (TSC:E)
-Ifafudafi (TSC:E)
-Lucas Gavatos (Lumoria)
-Kevin Lodeman (Lumoria)

Scripters
-Masterz1337
-Kirby
-Teh Lag

Sandbox and Gameplay Designer
-Masterz1337

Additional Contributors
Kavawuvi (60 FPS support and debugging tools)
-SBB Michelle (Environmental Artist, Tool designer, Open Sauce development, consultant)
-Sins of the Prophets dev team, for some assets from their Halo Space RTS.
-Jared Harris for Lumoria/Commander Covenant ship asset, Endless Horizon.
-??? for POA textures.
-Unikraken for various advice and help.
-Moses (Content Optimizations and tools)
-Perla 117 (Environmental Artist, Lighting)
-Master Noob (3D Art)
-Mike Belousov (3D Art)
-Wave of Lag (3D Art)
-NeurologicalDisorder (3D and Texture Art)
-Rob Oplawar (3D Art)
-Hunter/MartynLeeBall (3D Art)
-NuggetWarmer (3D Art)
-Flyinrooster/Roostervier (3D and Texture Art)
-Boba (2D Art)
-aLtis (Physics, LUA scripting research and dev)
-Axial (TSC:E Concept)
-Zteam (Tag references)
-Hokiebird428 (Gameplay advisor)
-MattDratt (Environmental Artist, Audio Consultant)
-CE3 (Sponsor)
-Koo294 (3D Artist)
-masterchief117 (HCEA Sounds)
-Vaporeon, for maintaining and providing DSOAL for sound card emulation
-Plain Ben for some concept art and visual idea exploration.
-Megasean for animating older sprint system, in which has been removed but made the current one possible.
-All those countless people who have tested and supported us through the years.

-----------
Kornner Studios & the Open-Sauce people:
-Kornman00
-TheFieryScythe
-Choking Victim

-----------
Original Lumoria Development Team

PROJECT LEADS:
Higuy
L0d3x

SCRIPT PRODUCTION:
Isaac "Postmortem" Frankel
Dennis Powers

CINEMATICS & ANIMATIONS ON PART C & D:
Matthew "MattDratt" McCracken

ANIMATIONS ON PART A & B:
Jackal Stomper

GAMEPLAY DESIGN:
L0d3x
Higuy

ENVIROMENT ARTISTS:
Higuy
Massacre
Conscars (Skybox, Multiplayer and other content)
Sheer (Multiplayer BSP creation)

TAG EDITORS:
L0d3x
Spartan094
Wafflez

VOICE ACTING:
Elle - May, Spartan 073
David Edwards - Sergeant Brandon Keiffer
L0d3x - Scarecrow, pilot of Delta 137
Skilit - Marines
Higuy - Fighter Pilots Dennis Powers - The Scientist
Brad Philippe - Captain of "The Endless Horizon"
KID - Major Kallis
Teekup - 734 Antecedent Sage

SPECIAL THANKS GOES TO:
Bungie
Gearbox
John Powell for one of his tracks from "The Bourne Supremacy"
Linkin Park
Il Duce Primo
Joshflighter
Da Pimp Pope
Bobblehob
Advancebo
Jesse
Deelekgolo
Dsalimander
Teh Lag
Arteen
Scooby Doo
LoneWarrior
Koo
Halo CE3 Live
Disaster
Shade117
Yoko
SXC (Scott)

We also would like to credit the people at Bungie Studios (past and present) for Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST and Reach; Gearbox Software for Halo Custom
Edition; and 343 Industries for their continued stewardship of the franchise. Our mod would not exist without them!

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.5 Jul 2, 2019 01:28 AM (Total replies: 11)

It's pretty neat to see so much of this reflective of where we started in SPV1, with basic ideas like adding pistols to T&R, Rocket Hogs instead of Chaingun hogs, finding a role for the BR. Looking forward to seeing what you do in the future with this.

Ah, well if you are interested, I am sure KillaFTW would be able to donate some files from his cancelled city map to replace that ripped scenery. I'd love to let the map live on as part of our firefight set of maps we are releasing, and would love to work with you on that to make sure it's done respectfully to your original content.

Question! How much of the map is using ripped content? As we start working on SPV3 firefight, I'd love to do a version of this with custom assets and stuff we had from Oddball, with your permission. Would we be looking at just needing to replace textures, or is geometry extracted as well outside of scenery.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.5 Jun 4, 2019 04:04 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: the4ofusaredying

I just realized you are the first person to introduce the concept of elites using human weapons once the flood outbreak has happened. That really underscores how Halo is in disarray and everyone is scrambling to get off. I think that's a really novel idea, and actually I think the SPV3 team ripped that off their upcoming map, "None left behind".

Sorry people are being negative on the imgur forums man. Every negative comment is probably an alias of Masterz, who seems to poop on any Halo fan content he isn't involved with. Great work as always and looking forward to the finished product!
Edited by the4ofusaredying on Jun 3, 2019 at 02:27 PM

Despite you already putting your foot in your mouth accusing us of "stealing" his ideas when he has already pointed out to you we did it first (and by extension, pointing out you haven't even played project you choose to downplay), let me clear a few things up here.

I don't have any alternative accounts, and I don't ask people to post on my behalf to "put others down" or "insult their work". I to see what other people work on, and I like to contribute when I can. I've always tried my best to build up other peoples projects, and generally adhere to a "if you don't have anything nice to say about it, don't say anything". That said, I tend not to look to deeply at any singleplayer campaign mod projects, including SPV3's co-lead dev SOI simply because if I see something I like, I'll want to use it and I don't want to trample on someone else's good ideas and innovations. My lack of comments here have nothing to do with not wanting to see this project succeed, and more to do with not wanting to be influenced or seem disparaging in any remarks on decisions I disagree with. I think what's been done here by Biogoji is great, and messing with the campaign is obviously something I approve of.

As far as me "pooping on projects I am not involved with," it's just untrue. In the past years, I have offered help, assistance, assets, promoted or co-developed things ranging from the UUI, Fall of Mombassa, Takedown, VKMT's work (despite a rocky relationship with Megasean), Chimera, Tempera, Open Sauce, and MEK. We've also at various stages helped contribute assets (or offered) to projects to i01, Contingency, and Iron Hammer. The R&D we did with Moses on MEK also contributed greatly to community wide features and projects, such as compressed animation extraction and xbox bsp conversion (used in HCE Refined). And if you really want to go back into the past, HEK+, the open sourcing of SPV2 content (both tags and max files, the later which were used in Lumoria, and Operation Purgepoint) and I advocated strongly for HEK+ to have Halo CE map support upon when the community was strongly against it.

On top of this, we have encouraged use of our SPV3 release content and byproducts of it (HXE, Placien) and soon hopefully built in map post processing for all open sauce based maps. While my involvement in these projects varies from "essential" to "testing" to "promotion" it's disengenous to think I poop on anything that isn't my own SPV3 or Oddball projects.

While you might want to point fingers at me in regards with El Dewrito, it is a much more complex issue that involved legal issues and concern of guilt by association, as well as dislike not for the game itself, but the attitudes surrounding it.

I should probably also point out if you are active in any halo discords, I've always offered my assistance to anyone with an issue that I can help with, granted it does not become a multi hour project in itself.

Biogoji keep up the great work, and if you ever plan to make this use open sauce, feel free to DM me or shoot me a message on discord in regards to any open sauce issues or if you'd want to add some of our new post processing systems. Also if I may suggest, I'd just post when there are updates here in the thread, people tend to just jump to the last page and don't seem to realize when you update the OP with new info.

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps Jun 2, 2019 07:07 AM (Total replies: 36)

yeah its been a week, why is this still referring to HEK+. The only reason HEK+ should ever be mentioned is telling people NEVER TO USE IT.

Relax about the source code guys. LaikaGlove and I have each others cell phone numbers, so if he ever disappears you have me to annoy him about the source code. It's not like he will one day disappear and be unreachable.

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 24, 2019 02:40 AM (Total replies: 36)

At this point you are doing more harm to the community than helping it. I think you should take a break, change your ways and maybe come back with a different name.

Nothing here is helping.

Good to see you back! Awesome work!

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta May 2, 2019 11:48 AM (Total replies: 235)

You can always change it to not instant kill :X

Halo CE General Discussion » Homing Missiles May 2, 2019 11:38 AM (Total replies: 6)

With this it will actually lock onto only vehicles. It's a pretty clever, although not complicated way of doing it and I am surprised others including myself never looked at doing it like this.

Nice job OP!

Quote: --- Original message by: Kavawuvi
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Thanks.
I am guessing that they did padding in the (interface) definitions -- which are like templates -- because of the static pointer calculations during map compilation and reading the data into memory. But contrarily, there is more padding than necessary for 32-bit integer memory address alignment. And it seems strange that the padding is unmodified, skipped, by the HEK programs that write to disk. Perhaps they were simply frivolous with skipped bytes to give themselves more leeway as they anticipated adding more metadata to the template definitions. Anyway, I'm not using template style, so it doesn't really matter much to me because I'm not trying to remake the game engine literally.

Most padding is actual padding. There are, however, plenty of values that Guerilla does not write to that tool.exe actually does write to. If these values are left at 0, unexpected things may happen such as dying instantly from fall damage or various effects not triggering on dedicated servers when they should.

I would love to learn more about these.

Halo CE General Discussion » Favorite Halo Custom Edition Maps? Apr 27, 2019 12:14 AM (Total replies: 7)

snowtorn cove is GOAT

Halo CE General Discussion » OS tool lying about tag space Apr 23, 2019 03:04 PM (Total replies: 7)

you are looking at it the wrong way. Think of it as a bathtub. The tags are the water, and the BSPs are the person getting in at the time. A skinny person will fit in fine, a fat person will cause the water to be displaced and overflow. That's when your game crashes. By removing sound tags, you are essentially removing bubbles from soap. Removing the biped, is a much larger collection of data as it calls on animation, collision, and model geometry.

What you should do is first make sure any collision models you have, are not made with the high poly render geometry model. Then also look if any uneeded animations are in the map. Following that, look for any models that are not being used but included in the map.

Sounds, Bitmaps are not included in the tagspace shenanigans, as they can be loaded in on a case by case basis

Halo CE General Discussion » OS tool lying about tag space Apr 22, 2019 10:31 PM (Total replies: 7)

It's a known issue that has been a problem with all the maps in SPV3 based on TSCE. Unfortunately, you just need to look at ways to reduce data clutter and get it under the limit. I can't imagine why you are hitting it, the stuff in TSC:E and SPV3 combined is a hard thing to match in terms of sheer data content.

Quote: --- Original message by: EcoSurge

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
So I have to look into this and what we did in more detail, but how does this differ than our implementation of the sparrow hawk? I was never happy with how that turned out but we just ran out of time to further refine what we were doing, so I am very happy to see someone improve these types of things.

I saw that your script used player_action_test and I messed around with that. This doesn't use any devices, and is more simple.

We attach the flying biped to the vehicle at all times until the vehicle driver exists. When the vehicle driver exists, we magically load that unit into the flying biped, detach that biped from the vehicle and then attach the vehicle to it. The script sleeps until the flying biped driver no longer exists. When that happens the vehicle is detached from that biped, and that biped is attached to the vehicle.

This allows the flying biped to have physics when the driver doesn't exist (exiting that biped will make it fall, stuff can interact with it).

The second part of the script runs when the biped driver exists. It uses player_action_test_jump. When the player presses down the space bar, the script adds velocity to the biped and then uses player_action_test_reset. If the player holds down space then it will continuously add velocity to the biped.

Edit: On another note, I'm thinking about making dropships and other stuff like that into flying bipeds. That might be tremendously easier than using recorded/custom animations, and you have more flexibility with how they can behave.
Edited by EcoSurge on Apr 20, 2019 at 12:37 PM

We used device machines with it in order to avoid weirdness with having to enter 2 seats, but iirc we also had an issue with the 2 objects colliding with eachother and causing damage to the biped. Either way, we are both using transitional velocity applied to the biped, which causes the weird jittery movements.

I forget a lot of the exact reasoning we did things the way we did with the hawk, as it was almost 2 years ago we did it but I will later take a look of adapting some of this stuff to ours. Feel free to message me on discord some time, would love to pick your brain on some of this. Or if you'd be willing to mess with our hawk yourself, it would be much appreciated.

So I have to look into this and what we did in more detail, but how does this differ than our implementation of the sparrow hawk? I was never happy with how that turned out but we just ran out of time to further refine what we were doing, so I am very happy to see someone improve these types of things.

Time: Fri December 13, 2019 8:45 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website