A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Masters1337
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 11, 2018 11:04 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 25
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears of War, Infinity Blade, Nothing else
halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Post Statistics
Masters1337 has contributed to 5833 posts out of 467773 total posts (1.25%) in 4,611 days (1.27 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 11, 2018 11:04 PM (Total replies: 107)

I just said I wouldn't disable it on PC. I would prefer us to not be on the PC and prefer to have it on a console where we had more control over how people play it. But that's not going to happen and I have no interest in a career in game dev or developing games on console, so as far as building Halo on the PC this is as good as it gets. Just because we have to cater to PC gamers, doesn't mean I necessarily like to. SPV3 has always been for console players first and foremost, PC players second.
Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 11, 2018 at 11:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 11, 2018 10:06 PM (Total replies: 107)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Again, you don't get to decide what is detrimental to their experience because they decide how it is they want to experience it, regardless of how much you design anything.

I'm not saying there's people that won't enjoy your art for the way you've intended, responses on Reddit are clear proof.
I'm saying that the people that want to enjoy it a different way shouldn't be invalidated.

I mean yeah sure, people can enjoy it any way they want, but most aren't aware what damage they are doing by cranking up the FOV. Maybe in the new launcher we will give people a warning if they crank it up outside of an aspect ratios desired value by to much.

As much as I would like to lock it down, for reasons stated it would not really be possible to do for the PC crowed (as well as disable M&K support but that's a whole other issue). If this were on console I'd def disable both, but sadly it's not.

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
I think Neil is forgetting that the word "Custom" is half of the game's subtitle.

Even so Devin, the point being made is that people often make dumb decisions when they fiddle with things they don't understand. If people went in and made changes to MEK, then complained it crashed or didn't do things right and complained to you, you'd be annoyed too. It's roughly the same thing.
Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 11, 2018 at 10:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 8, 2018 01:46 PM (Total replies: 107)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
People change FOV to absurd degrees which messes up more stuff than people realize, and ultimately they will have a less fun expierence playing the game.

lol I'm sorry but you have absolutely zero say in how anybody else defines their "fun"
I see where you're coming from in terms of game development, but everything you've said makes you look incredibly parochial

I don't really care how people have their "fun" What I care about is people enjoy our art the way it was intended, and not altered with absurd FOV changes, reshade, or damage/ai edits or cheats.

People can do what they want with it, but I don't have to like it and I don't have to encourage them to do things which are detrimental to their expierence. Are we ever going to lock out reshade, console, FOV? No, but we certainly aren't going to go out of our way to encourage people to use them and shifting people away from higher than the correct FOV for their aspect ratio is something I'd like to double down on.

If people have a problem with that, they can show themselves out the door and not download or support us. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 7, 2018 09:15 PM (Total replies: 107)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

It's a single player game, why do you care how people play it or utilize it?

Removing features and customization like that is a straight up loss and removing options like that makes people not want to play your game or even mod in this case. There's a reason why people like TotalBiscuit (RIP) hunted down options like FOV sliders in games, and it's because PC players find those features important and whether you like that or not doesn't matter because there's people that use it for a multitude of reasons.

Regardless of how much you want people to play your little mod as you designed it and how you intended, people that want to play it their own way and break it are inevitable and you should know this from how people have toyed with Halo campaigns once they're out. Stop trying to control your experience with dumb means like this, it's just stupid and completely ruins player freedom.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Oct 7, 2018 at 03:18 PM

I don't really care if people are upset if they lose a feature that dimminishes the expierence of the game. When things are designed to be played a certain way, they should. People change FOV to absurd degrees which messes up more stuff than people realize, and ultimately they will have a less fun expierence playing the game. I rather someone not play SPV3 than play it with some crappy FOV. So that's why I am okay with locking certain things down.

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Agreed, stuff like not being able to use the classic cheats on spv3 were a big turn off for me

Stuff like that is more of a technical reason than choice. People who know how to use console correctly though can use alternate commands that do the majority of the same things.

Quote: --- Original message by: Kavawuvi

I don't think you understand FOV, either.

I do, most people just don't understand why the FOV is important, especially in a game like halo which is overall pretty slow and the altering of FOV can speed things up such as the perceived acceleration of the projectiles being fired at you. The FOV should always try being as close as it can to what was when the game shipped with the FOV set in mind with 4:3, which is why we have the FOV calculator in the SPV3 launcher. I have seen my share of youtube videos of people playing the game with a higher than intended FOV with a mouse and it completely changes the way they should be interreacting with the ingame elements. Of course we could never remove M&K from the mod but people really shouldn't be playing it with that either, let alone a FOV that stays to far from the calculated FOV from the launcher.

This is of course ignoring the visual problems that can happen at high FOVs, which don't bother me as much as the ones that effect gameplay.

Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 7, 2018 at 09:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 7, 2018 12:33 PM (Total replies: 107)

Gears and Tomb Raider have advanced graphics options that work pretty well, just set it between wanting resolution, high fidelity graphics, or framerate.

Most people don't understand FOV and I'd prefer to see the sliders leave the PC games as well. Locking it down for the next version of SPV3 is something I'd really love to do as plenty of idiots go and tinker with it, then end up with a game that doesn't play the way it should.

Regardless, when hitting 60 FPS is the bar you want to hit as a baseline you will have compromises. Gears 4 was so so smart in going for 30 for it's campaign to keep it feeling cinematic and so they could do all the crazy stuff they wanted to do in it.

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
Well that was unexpected and abrupt. Did the Halo CIA or something come to your house and threaten to destroy your computer if you continue with this project? Damn that sucks.

And yes, you're right. There are only overrated and VERY buggy Halo 3 looking mods. Plus nobody really ever did nor released any COMPLETE and FULLY functional Halo 3 assets. They came close but just gave up last minute by the looks.

Complications?

Sorry Master, the Halo Wars, Reach, CE, 2 and 3/ODST Warthogs looked the same. Halo 4 and 5 and H2A all had that yucky square box looking thing with monkey bars around it and unused gas cans attached to the rear. I like your Hog don't get me wrong, but the bars just reminded me of a certain abomination I don't like to think about...

I expected more from you than some whiney " I don't like it its bad because it's 343". Cages are used all the time on vehicles that go off road, to absorb impacts and protect the vehicle. Hating on it because 343 did it is assinane. The old hog design was fine for it's time but the 343 one is an improvement in every way. Just because you are looking for things to nitpick doesn't make your stance right or means you should be respected for having it. There are far more flaws in the Bungie design that the 343 one corrects than needing to make up things like "It has bars! it has gas tanks!".

vs this

Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 7, 2018 at 12:26 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
That looks beautiful. Question, are the CMT vehicles place holder? With the bipeds and weapons... If there were Halo 3 vehicles, I think this will almost truly be an almost complete Halo 3 redesign of Halo!

IMO- I was never a fan of CMT's warthogs. Why? They looked like the 343i art style, YUCK!

Say what? Our hogs are identical to the Bungie ones with the added cage (which is what the hogs realistically should have had from the get go.)

I plan on downloading this later. Although I do have to say the shaders do not look up to your normal high standards and it looks like Halo 3, which is gross to begin with. What ever happened to your reach content and some of your hybrids?

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 5, 2018 09:24 AM (Total replies: 107)

It was that 30 FPS doesn't bother me. Still doesn't, I like the more cinematic look it gives games and I don't really like the compromises made to hit 60 in some games (looking at you h5).

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Sep 4, 2018 08:05 AM (Total replies: 494)

Got to see some of this at PAX and man it is looking so good.

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Sep 4, 2018 07:53 AM (Total replies: 129)

What you doing stealing my release dates boy!

Halo CE General Discussion » cmt spc 3 part two come out yet? Aug 26, 2018 12:29 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

well i don't use 4k or VR, still bugs fix's are nice.

hay just asking but would you be bringing the, older halo 1 music over the anniversary lot back?
i just happen to like the older lot better, and seems to fit the mod better on some maps.
/quote]

You'll still benefit from those changes, especially the 4k ones. Eventually you will be using a 4k display, and we want to have it future proofed so you can enjoy it although there are problems with having to deal with CE's 8 bit color.

The original score won't be returning.

Halo CE General Discussion » cmt spc 3 part two come out yet? Aug 20, 2018 10:23 PM (Total replies: 11)

Michelle made some updates to open sauce, and the updates files are included in spv3.1.

3.2 will bring new bug fixes, missions, and improved graphics for 4K displays and VR.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Aug 20, 2018 10:20 PM (Total replies: 29)

Shoot me a message when you join, I’m sure we can bounce a lot of ideas around for it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Aug 15, 2018 11:56 PM (Total replies: 29)

Well feel free to join the SPV3 discord, what's ours is yours if you want it.

https://discord.gg/8dDwGWR

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Jul 18, 2018 05:42 PM (Total replies: 29)

There’s no such thing as a “spv3 evolved tagset.

I can give you access to our current sov3 tagset and some of our old content from the banished project, we had a really awesome 4K ODST hud that could certainly be of use to you.

Halo CE General Discussion » What happened to the CMT SPV3 Bonus Maps? Jun 23, 2018 10:24 PM (Total replies: 8)

There is no CMT.
There is no spoon.

Halo CE General Discussion » Plasma Pistol Flame/Fire Effects Jun 23, 2018 10:23 PM (Total replies: 4)

OS has nothing to do with it, the BPP in the current release just spawns a bunch of weapon tags with the effect tied to it. The updated version for the next release spawns projectiles like the cluster grenade does, which lets the projectiles have their own basic physics and stick to surfaces and continues to spead.

I had this problem at one point too, with the console at least. I forget what I did to fix it, I think you need to remake your player profile.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3 ERROR PROBLEM UPDATE May 14, 2018 02:10 PM (Total replies: 6)

Norton throws up a false error for some people upon installation.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3 ERROR PROBLEM UPDATE May 7, 2018 06:48 PM (Total replies: 6)

Never install it to the root halo CE folder, sov3 uses a custom version of open sauce and will not perform right under other versions.

The old launcher is fine for now, we have a massive update in the works.

Time: Thu October 18, 2018 5:11 PM 640 ms.
A Halo Maps Website