A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Masters1337
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 25
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears of War, Infinity Blade, Nothing else
halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Post Statistics
Masters1337 has contributed to 5820 posts out of 467262 total posts (1.25%) in 4,548 days (1.28 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Yesterday @ 11:56 PM (Total replies: 15)

Well feel free to join the SPV3 discord, what's ours is yours if you want it.

https://discord.gg/8dDwGWR

Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent II - A call for help. Jul 18, 2018 05:42 PM (Total replies: 15)

There’s no such thing as a “spv3 evolved tagset.

I can give you access to our current sov3 tagset and some of our old content from the banished project, we had a really awesome 4K ODST hud that could certainly be of use to you.

Halo CE General Discussion » What happened to the CMT SPV3 Bonus Maps? Jun 23, 2018 10:24 PM (Total replies: 8)

There is no CMT.
There is no spoon.

Halo CE General Discussion » Plasma Pistol Flame/Fire Effects Jun 23, 2018 10:23 PM (Total replies: 4)

OS has nothing to do with it, the BPP in the current release just spawns a bunch of weapon tags with the effect tied to it. The updated version for the next release spawns projectiles like the cluster grenade does, which lets the projectiles have their own basic physics and stick to surfaces and continues to spead.

I had this problem at one point too, with the console at least. I forget what I did to fix it, I think you need to remake your player profile.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3 ERROR PROBLEM UPDATE May 14, 2018 02:10 PM (Total replies: 6)

Norton throws up a false error for some people upon installation.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3 ERROR PROBLEM UPDATE May 7, 2018 06:48 PM (Total replies: 6)

Never install it to the root halo CE folder, sov3 uses a custom version of open sauce and will not perform right under other versions.

The old launcher is fine for now, we have a massive update in the works.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 11, 2018 02:22 AM (Total replies: 196)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
After reviewing the cityscape BSP everyone was talking about, I can confirm it's a 90% accurate representation of the geometry from the E3 beta. It's already been added to the geometry; you can see in the above picture it's added at the far end of the bridge.

Watching the E3 beta footage alongside the map, the geometry matches in nearly all places. The reason it isn't perfectly matching is that it isn't a showcase; the E3 map wasn't finished or proper in any way. It had an entire section that didn't have an exterior wall and was just open skybox. The person controlling the player looks that way momentarily before turning away so the audience wouldn't notice it. There are other sections of the level that are similarly incomplete, but that can't be noticed because of the actions of the person running the demonstration.

Somebody please post here saying "wow that's interesting", so that I can bump my topic later with updates. Dennis needs to allow double posting.

Praise beebo for whoever pointed this out to you and insisted you check it out even when you thought it wasn't that accurate :p.

Silly children.... 2002 or 2003 for me if you count halo pc.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 20, 2018 01:22 AM (Total replies: 70)

dinput.dll

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 20, 2018 12:10 AM (Total replies: 70)

You shouldn't have that issue, as SPV3 will not properly run if installed in the Halo Custom Edition folder.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 19, 2018 06:20 PM (Total replies: 70)

The stuff in maw is working correctly, what are you seeing is just the different sky fog settings. Everything in that area is BSP.

With the large lumoria objects, what you are seeing happen is the result of large objects using shader models in conjunction with fog stuff that open sauce broke.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Reinstalling HEK Mar 19, 2018 11:58 AM (Total replies: 3)

just right click the installer and select open with winrar. All the files in there can just be copied to where ever you need

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit Essentials (MEKE) Mar 18, 2018 04:18 AM (Total replies: 29)

there are a few things out there. No beta's other than 2247 as far as I am aware.

Official Xbox magazine had a demo of it, which I played over and over until I bought the original game. It has an extra cinematic of Johnson at the end.

Not sure what the PC demo has in it, but I imagine it was the same as both had TSC.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit Essentials (MEKE) Mar 16, 2018 02:04 AM (Total replies: 29)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python35\lib\site-packages\binilla\field_widgets.py", line 519, in export_node
File "C:\Python35\lib\site-packages\supyr_struct\blocks\block.py", line 733, in serialize
OSError: Output filepath for serializing Block was invalid or the file could not be created.
C:/Users/maste/Dropbox/SPV3/tags/cmt/weapons/spv3/covenant/reaver/projectiles/gvjgl.projectile.material_responses

Could not export 'material_responses' node.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 13, 2018 05:06 PM (Total replies: 70)

Universal UI is not something I work on, there will be an updated SPV# install for everyone for the 3.2 patch which will include the spv3 lumoria, and any other maps we add in. We also may have an archive menu in it so people via the UI can access the SPV1, SPV2, and SPV3 alphas and betas.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 13, 2018 01:50 PM (Total replies: 70)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
The project is open source so people can do as they please.
Though I am concerned with some of the plans here. I didn't like the SPv3 visual style, and would prefer not to see it in Lumoria. As others have mentioned, this project was meant to be more vibrant in style. Changing up the story - especially linking it to Halo 5 - is also a big nono, and I am also definitely not interested in seeing any new episodes that weren't devised by us.

Last but not least, definitely don't call the project "Lumoria Remastered", as the term remastered is only applicable when the original creators agree that the updates and changes are in line with the lovingly created vision of the original project.

If I had the time and motivation to undertake an actual remastered version, I would just like to see some upgraded visuals and tags (but not a change in style). Most of the encounters are fine as they are (indeed the original tagset was adjusted to expand the range of certain enemies), there's just a few bugs and tidbits I would still tweak (such as adding in a few nav-points here to clarify objectives).

Again though, in the end it's completely open source so go nuts. Just give proper credit. But it doesn't mean I like to see our baby treated like this

Well, I wouldn't be worried about the visual style being changed, outside of weapons and assets, I don't plan on doing anything that desaturates it like we did with A30. The only thing I do want to do is since we are having it be 3 missions (episode 2 is now umoria_b and lumoria_cd) is to have the time of day change as you go through the maps.

Unfortunately, the story was one of the things most criticized by people when it came out. I can go over my proposed changes for it in discord with you, but it's all largely staying the same. Same characters, same events. Some slight different motivations behind the characters as it takes place as they fled reach, but I'd say 95% of the story is staying the same.

For better or worse, when you guys wrote this you dropped all sorts of hints to things that became intrgal to 343's story, especially Halo 5 with mentions of precursors, the librarian and the mantle. This is all stuff I plan to remove as well as what once seemed like cool allusions to bungie's mysteries now feels like fan service to 343 without any sort of payoff. What I essentially want to do, is make Sage a bungie styled looking guardian, who suffered from the same corruption as Mecidant Bias which was the forerunner AI the gravemind turned against the forerunners in Bungie's H3 terminals. Then we can do some cool gameplay sequences with the effects of it's EMP pulses going off as you proceed through parts of the final level.

Definitely not calling it Lumoria Remastered, the current plan is to have in the UI as Lumoria Campaign under the button for the regular campaign (which may be renamed to something else) I've also considered having it in the UI as May's Camaign, and then having the classic one being Chiefs Campaign. Or when you click the campaign button it will give you the option then to select one of the two. It's really undecided and I don't have any strong opinion one way or the other.

The encounter changes I have planned are relatively minor, the biggest ones are just picking up the pace of the game. In E1 you fight up the hill before the rocket warthog, rather than hold off the same saves of dropships from the same spot over and over again, and in E2 I have that other tower defense version set to let you use vehicles for the first part, and then once you go indoors you have to do it on foot. There's only so many times that the player has to prove they can do the same thing over and over again in the same environments

If you have a list of things you wanted to go back and tweak, I can take a look at them. We also have a professional audio guy working on a lot of the audio for it, so waypoints are something I'd hope to get rid of and add new dialog instead. You'll be happy to know that brandon now has all new dialog, including conditional so he doesn't switch to being one of the random marines as you play.

In the end, this is your baby and I got no intentions of distorting it into something unrecognizable. It was Lumoria that got me inspired to even bother coming back to the halo ce scene in the first place, and this will be my last project so I intend to give it the justice it deserves. And of course, everyone who contributed to the original will be credited.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Thros' Alsthetic Two Betrayals Released! Mar 13, 2018 01:54 AM (Total replies: 35)

It shouldn't break your SPV3 install, since that is now something separate from CE,

The Revengers

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 10, 2018 02:00 PM (Total replies: 70)

In other news, we've successfully merged some of the episode 2 maps. So now there will be episode 1, episode 2, and episode 3. Lumoria parts 3 and 4 are now just episode 3, and the plan is to give them their own story arch, where as episode 1 and 2 have each of their own.

Also have been debating giving the missions actually names, rather than Episode 1 2 and 3.

Time: Thu August 16, 2018 6:39 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website