A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Masters1337
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 03:04 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 25
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears of War, Infinity Blade, Nothing else
halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Post Statistics
Masters1337 has contributed to 5868 posts out of 468639 total posts (1.25%) in 4,798 days (1.22 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » OS tool lying about tag space Today @ 03:04 PM (Total replies: 5)

you are looking at it the wrong way. Think of it as a bathtub. The tags are the water, and the BSPs are the person getting in at the time. A skinny person will fit in fine, a fat person will cause the water to be displaced and overflow. That's when your game crashes. By removing sound tags, you are essentially removing bubbles from soap. Removing the biped, is a much larger collection of data as it calls on animation, collision, and model geometry.

What you should do is first make sure any collision models you have, are not made with the high poly render geometry model. Then also look if any uneeded animations are in the map. Following that, look for any models that are not being used but included in the map.

Sounds, Bitmaps are not included in the tagspace shenanigans, as they can be loaded in on a case by case basis

Halo CE General Discussion » OS tool lying about tag space Yesterday @ 10:31 PM (Total replies: 5)

It's a known issue that has been a problem with all the maps in SPV3 based on TSCE. Unfortunately, you just need to look at ways to reduce data clutter and get it under the limit. I can't imagine why you are hitting it, the stuff in TSC:E and SPV3 combined is a hard thing to match in terms of sheer data content.

Quote: --- Original message by: EcoSurge

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
So I have to look into this and what we did in more detail, but how does this differ than our implementation of the sparrow hawk? I was never happy with how that turned out but we just ran out of time to further refine what we were doing, so I am very happy to see someone improve these types of things.

I saw that your script used player_action_test and I messed around with that. This doesn't use any devices, and is more simple.

We attach the flying biped to the vehicle at all times until the vehicle driver exists. When the vehicle driver exists, we magically load that unit into the flying biped, detach that biped from the vehicle and then attach the vehicle to it. The script sleeps until the flying biped driver no longer exists. When that happens the vehicle is detached from that biped, and that biped is attached to the vehicle.

This allows the flying biped to have physics when the driver doesn't exist (exiting that biped will make it fall, stuff can interact with it).

The second part of the script runs when the biped driver exists. It uses player_action_test_jump. When the player presses down the space bar, the script adds velocity to the biped and then uses player_action_test_reset. If the player holds down space then it will continuously add velocity to the biped.

Edit: On another note, I'm thinking about making dropships and other stuff like that into flying bipeds. That might be tremendously easier than using recorded/custom animations, and you have more flexibility with how they can behave.
Edited by EcoSurge on Apr 20, 2019 at 12:37 PM

We used device machines with it in order to avoid weirdness with having to enter 2 seats, but iirc we also had an issue with the 2 objects colliding with eachother and causing damage to the biped. Either way, we are both using transitional velocity applied to the biped, which causes the weird jittery movements.

I forget a lot of the exact reasoning we did things the way we did with the hawk, as it was almost 2 years ago we did it but I will later take a look of adapting some of this stuff to ours. Feel free to message me on discord some time, would love to pick your brain on some of this. Or if you'd be willing to mess with our hawk yourself, it would be much appreciated.

So I have to look into this and what we did in more detail, but how does this differ than our implementation of the sparrow hawk? I was never happy with how that turned out but we just ran out of time to further refine what we were doing, so I am very happy to see someone improve these types of things.

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Mod Apr 13, 2019 05:58 PM (Total replies: 11)

It uses a different set of data resources.

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Mod Apr 7, 2019 01:13 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Giro

Since New Mombasa Beta requires SPV3 extensions, and SPV3 is going to have Firefight maps around June to August, the Universal UI should probably need to be delayed and made for a SPV3 installation. It would greatly benefit and expose new users to new single player experiences if SPV3 team worked on a Universal UI.
Edited by Giro on Apr 6, 2019 at 11:48 AM

We won't be supporting the UUI or integrating the maps into it. In fact, we have safeguards to prevent people from loading SPV3 outside of the SPV3 folder. SPV3 requires custom extensions that are best not mixed with other content.

While its outside the scope of what you've done, do you know if it also fixes the problem where OS tool can't read a shared map file of a size of 2gb or higher?

Killa, General Kid and myself will be at the one in Philly.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Mar 7, 2019 09:21 AM (Total replies: 225)

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1593

Throw some Pemba in there with your Zanzibar. It was supposed to be a sister station.

Halo CE General Discussion » flying type vehicles that can strafe Mar 7, 2019 09:18 AM (Total replies: 11)

We basically did the hawk this way as SOI said. YOu can check out our script for it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ioj2fjulhg5xeh4/hawk_script.hsc?dl=0

Halo CE General Discussion » Climactic way to end a mission? Feb 4, 2019 12:16 AM (Total replies: 14)

then blow up the planet or installation you are on.

Halo CE General Discussion » Climactic way to end a mission? Feb 3, 2019 02:00 PM (Total replies: 14)

blow up the boss with a warthog

go learn fp animation, the community could really use a person proficient in them again.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 11, 2018 11:06 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Currently, we hope to track individual unique users which is a much better metric, and hopefully how often they go to play too. I want to do more advanced metric tracking, but of course there are the privacy issues related to that and public trust.

So uh, why would you need this information?

obviously so they can sell it

Hey you say it even in jest and people will believe it.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 11, 2018 10:22 PM (Total replies: 12123)

In terms of unique download numbers, itís just a good metric to have in order to know how big your audience is.

As far as other data we could gain from the player profile and saved core files, we could potentially see what missions people are playing on and for how long, and in certain cases have the player send us their game state so we can resume their mission and determine if a crash is hardware related or an error on our part. I imagine anything beyond the unique user ID (which would be anonymous) we would let people opt into, rather than just acquire. All this stuff is theoretical, but similar data was sent to bungies servers with h2 in order to get metrics on player behaviors in that campaign.

Like I said, there are lots of possibilities but what we can and should or would do is still being discussed and debated.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 11, 2018 07:57 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
You should probably just get your own website at this point. We did that for Lumoria and was super handy not only to simply have all information/media in one place, but also "official" download links and the files themselves hosted on our own servers (besides from Halomaps). Overall, it just looks much more professional that way - considering SPv3 has such a wide reach/playerbase, it would probably be best to do something like that too.

Either way, there isn't really ever a reason to use mediafire. While the service itself isn't really a problem, the website is definitely associated with files that may contain viruses, and to an average user, does not seem secure. Google drive is really a great alternative option IMO and is pretty cheap (like $2) for 100gb/month, if creating/maintaining a website is too expensive.

Lumoria's official website is still up btw - we can always host the alternative CMT version as well once it is complete.
It probably would be good to have a mirror there, our own websites are the wikia and the subreddit. We canít host on halomaps as the maps are no longer able to pass the requirements here as they are no longer self contained.

Mediafire we previously used just because of the ability to have the downloads recorded, but itís not really ideal in the long run. Currently, we hope to track individual unique users which is a much better metric, and hopefully how often they go to play too. I want to do more advanced metric tracking, but of course there are the privacy issues related to that and public trust.

Who wants anything from halo 3. Gross!

Halo CE General Discussion » That UUI Update? Nov 7, 2018 08:57 PM (Total replies: 16)

Honestly very few people understand haloís UI system to an extent they can do things with them. You are at their mercy (as am I) when it comes to this stuff. I wouldnít bother trying to learn it yourself.

Halo CE General Discussion » That UUI Update? Nov 7, 2018 07:13 AM (Total replies: 16)

You set difficulty first, map name second.

You need a widget to call a script. Just rip the UUI and you should be able to figure it out.

Halo CE General Discussion » That UUI Update? Nov 5, 2018 10:13 AM (Total replies: 16)

It was being developed by Jazz from the SPV3 team and others, but is currently on hold as he finishes up SPV3 work. Some of the stuff he is doing for SPV3's new UI will surely make it into the new UUI as well

Time: Tue April 23, 2019 3:05 PM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website