A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Halo Frooblet
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 22, 2010 11:28 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Halo Frooblet has contributed to 7 posts out of 469458 total posts (0.00%) in 3,877 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

There are definitely no open edges where it marks them. I checked every polygon a million times... the map is completely sealed. Also, this only happens when i export this in editable poly. When its an editable mesh there are no open edges, but for some reason, in the bsp, some faces are flipped around and the textures aren't showing up right even though the textures and shaders don't have any problems....

Ok, this problem i'm having is a little messed up, and i couldn't find a similar thread in the fourms.

I started making a map and throughout the modeling process i switched in between editable mesh and editable poly a few times, and 95% of the modeling was done with editable mesh.

The problems are what's going on when i export this and run it in tool.

I first exported the map when it was an editable mesh, tool created a bsp and there were no edge errors. When i got around to opening the map in sapian, some of the polygons and structures were flipped inside out...

I then went back to the model and converted it to an editable poly and then exported it.
When i ran it through tool, tool found open edges, the next weird part is that when i imported the wrl error into 3ds max7 and checked up on the open edges, NONE of them were open, and i checked multiple times.

I'm wondering if i'm having this problem because i switched in between mesh and poly while still modeling? Also, What can i do to fix what ever is going on?

well, i don't have time today to see if i can get this rip to work, so i'll try doing everything tonight or tomarrow. BTW i did do the vertex weld because, yeah, there is a good chance that there were going to be tons of open edges, and their were, probably a few thousand of them.... I'm starting to see that ripping stuff can take longer than making them from scratch... or that if i ever do get this carrier in, it will probably be all messed up because of these shortcuts.

regarding all the "noob" based posts, and the "search for this" based posts...

1. I did search for easy ways to fix 1000 edge errors (give or take), nothing came up.

2. The 1000 edge errors (give or take) is because I ripped the aircraft carrier out of bf2's gulf of oman. The errors are NOT because i'm a retarded modeler. i'm a lazy modeler who will take as many shortcuts as possible.

3. I am not going to waist my life away trying to fix 1000 edge errors by hand. If it comes down to that, i'm not going to use this particular aircraft carrier.
Edited by Halo Frooblet on Apr 11, 2010 at 11:13 AM

tyvm. i downloaded the toolio.exe, havnt tried it yet, and for future models il use the edible poly instead of edible mesch, although i dont really understand why it should matter.

I ripped the aircraft carrier out of bf2 gulf of oman and this is the error list i get...
I aint spendin the time to fix this

building intermediate geometry...
### WARNING found #3 degenerate triangles.
building collision geometry...
### ERROR couldn't update edge #18 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #21 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #18 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #2485 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #8098 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #8096 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #8097 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #8151 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #8098 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #8152 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #2485 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #446 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #1713 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #215 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #325 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #3070 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #2129 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #2132 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #6373 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #5243 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #6010 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #7500 (red).

{*deleted for brevity by admin}

### ERROR couldn't update edge #29918 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #47250 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #47292 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #50717 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #51133 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #51532 (red).
### ERROR couldn't update edge #50880 (red).
### ERROR failed to build collision geometry.
### ERROR failed to import collision bsp.
Edited by Dennis on Apr 3, 2010 at 08:46 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » WIP A GTA style map Apr 7, 2009 10:09 AM (Total replies: 0)

Sorry I don't have pictures of this map i'm making. It's about 10-20% modeled and will take me 2-3 weeks to finish modeling.

It will be a GTA style map thats designed for RPG and multiplayer asorted games. I invision it being two islands connected by a bridge. One island is going to be a metropolis with skyscrapers (kind of like New York City) and the other island is going to be a more average place, no skyscrapers and more sorta run down buildings.

I'm using GMAX :(!!!!!!!! Exporting is going to take forever (i'm gona download a trial of 3ds max 5 or 6 and then hack the comp time so i can keep using it i think... gmax exporting sucks)

Custom content i'm planning for the map
-The BSP (of course)
-Maybe a few guns (I'm gona use a lot of kingfish999's guns(save some time)) but might make some new stuff, or at least change kingfish999's a little for the better).
-Working on a battle destroyer ship vehicle (not the huge one... it's like 2-3x the size of the warthog)

Textures:
i suck at making textures. Also I dont have a photo editor that can export the right bitmaps for halo ce.
Can someone tell me if there is a free software out there that can make bitmaps for halo... either that or il have to get a trail... darn...

This map will be awesome but it will also be pretty big, I'll try to get a size estimate soon. I'm guessing about 2-4x the size of bloodgultch. Also, theres gona be a ton of polys to i think il keep the textures simple. (Im not that good with what lags and what not so if some1 can recommend what i do to keep the lag minimal).
Edited by Halo Frooblet on Apr 7, 2009 at 10:10 AM

update:
O great some roadblocks...

Alrite, so i wanted to export what iv finished.
I got rid of all the errors (open edges and whatnot) but then here came the roadblock/ the semi truck that doesnt plan on stopping at the red light)

###Error overlapping triangles (or polygons, i cant remember)
The problem is that non of them are overlapping!!!!
Do i have to rebuild all 100 some stupid triangles (most are very hard to find) or is there another way around this.
Will some1 reply...
btw i have pic im just having trouble uploading them

COMPUTERS HATE ME IN EVERYWAY (OR AT LEAST MY ANTIQUE 2003 HP PAVILIION DOES)
Edited by Halo Frooblet on Apr 7, 2009 at 08:14 PM

Time: Sun November 17, 2019 7:02 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website