A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: FtDSpartn
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 9, 2017 03:42 PM
Interests: Programming, gaming. Wondering what a 'life' is.
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: Halo and Source Engine Games. Exactly 3000.6 hours of Garry's Mod played.
Nevermore.

Post Statistics
FtDSpartn has contributed to 634 posts out of 461429 total posts (.14%) in 2,885 days (.22 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
Those are some seriously ugly cars you have there, well of the 2 images that aren't broken, I'm assuming the broken image is another ugly car.

Might as well make a Nissan Leaf and put it in halo.

Woah, woah the zonda I could understand being labeled as "striking" but ugly???

And as for thr CLK GTR you just deserve a backhander.

They're extremely busy, the headlights look silly, the doors are ridiculous, the mirrors look like they want to snap off, there's a single windshield wiper which looks just wrong, the spoiler makes the car look like it has brain damage, the scoop on the roof doesn't make any sense and just makes it uglier, and finally the hood ornament looks extremely out of place. I wouldn't be caught dead in one of these let alone driving one.

Why does this belong in halo? That makes 0 sense. An ugly car that's not even a popular style or model in a futuristic military game where you fight aliens that no one plays anymore? Why? for what purpose?

Hope you realize this was ten years ago this was posted. More people played back then.

As for the reason for wanting this in Halo? For a map such as Chronopolis, I would guess.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Mar 4, 2017 05:36 AM (Total replies: 89)

I'd list people but I usually lurked and modified stock maps for AI battles for personal use instead of actually playing custom content.

Lumoria's probably my favorite piece of community-created content, with SPv3 + TSC:E being close seconds with their delicious tagset.

Quote: --- Original message by: Bugnotnotthegreat
You will probably never see this but there are halo maps that try to be like racing games.

Could you stop bumping months/years old posts?

Halo CE General Discussion » flashlights on marines Mar 2, 2017 12:12 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tucker933
The method I showed works for me.

Even when I change lower bound in guerilla it doesn't work for me, which is odd.

Scripting them on works fine for me as well, so I'm not sure why the bounds method isn't working.
Edited by FtDSpartn on Mar 2, 2017 at 12:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » flashlights on marines Mar 1, 2017 11:59 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: KasperZERO
Could you please go into some more detail about this? I don't know where that is you got that screenshot from

You should be able to check this box here in the .biped tag under the 'integrated light power' function, though it doesn't want to work for me.

http://i.imgur.com/Zk2fTXu.png

Halo CE General Discussion » flashlights on marines Mar 1, 2017 05:48 AM (Total replies: 11)

To get an encounter of marines to activate their flashlights, you'd script something like this.

(units_set_desired_flashlight_state (ai_actors enc_marines) 1)

'enc_marines' is the encounter name, while 1 is the boolean (0 = false, 1 = true).
Edited by FtDSpartn on Mar 1, 2017 at 05:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Syncing AI components. Feb 20, 2017 04:15 AM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Didn't you like
leave forever
or something

I think if anything this goes to show that you can never truly leave HMF.

Can confirm, am still here.

I remember when there were so many posts on this subject it wasn't even funny.

Pretty sure Dennis can't appoint new moderators due to some sort of rule with UXB Internet. New traffic might just overwhelm the site, though it would be nice to see some new people around here and have the place revitalized (at least for a bit).

Halo CE General Discussion » Seige Gametype Mar 21, 2016 01:45 AM (Total replies: 41)

Looks like it'd be fun to play as long as the AI don't have any major issues in MP.

Edit: Just took a look at your other post, this is some impressive work here. Outstanding job so far!
Edited by FtDSpartn on Mar 21, 2016 at 01:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE is not dying! Dec 27, 2015 08:40 PM (Total replies: 67)

I'm still here after... what, five or six years? I joined the Halo: Online hype when they first cracked it and helped fix a few bugs and quickly grew bored as currently Halo: Online simply doesn't have the customization of Halo CE. Once (if) H:O has the ability to edit/create maps and place AI and such, then I believe more people will migrate over.

For now, it's not as good as Halo Custom Edition. There's not really any argument to be made over it imo.

Quote: --- Original message by: ScarFOx
Every I add a gun or a pelican I keep getting a error like tag is too large, tag is corrupted or no free tag space

Make sure you're using the Open Sauce version of Sapien.

Halo CE General Discussion » Another AI syncing thread! Whoo-hoo! Aug 20, 2015 01:00 AM (Total replies: 30)

It would be pretty amazing if you got this to work completely. Good to see the community's still gaining some new members after all this time. (Unless, of course, you're an older member on a newer account.)

Pssh, I was also 11 when I made this account.

Dennis would probably change your username for you, though I don't exactly know as I've never tried.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Dev Trainer by Paulus Isn't working Jul 28, 2015 05:41 PM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sharp8Xer
Hello, I have found a solution to that problem. You need to make internet Explorer your mainbrowser. That should fix the problem.

Totally not worth it. Also, you know this is five years old, right?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Navpoints scripting HELP! Jun 25, 2015 12:04 PM (Total replies: 2)

It's been a long time since I've done waypoints. Try putting your assigned team name in quotations, like so: "player"

If not, the globals you're using probably has different names for the waypoints. You'll want to look in the HUD globals. The path to CMT's HUD globals is shown in this image:

Edited by FtDSpartn on Jun 25, 2015 at 12:07 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Guerilla map compile Jun 22, 2015 05:30 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: dmb1
I`ve been trying projectile swapping in guerilla with one weapon and then I compile the .scenario but the map comes out smaller than the stock map (bloodgulch) is this normal or am I doing something wrong, because the size of the map changes I cant get it to work on a dedi so others can join it (bloodgulch)

If anyone can give me some advice on this, Thanks

The people trying to join need your version of the map.

Only the 'src\cmt\weapons' scripts should have any variable by that name. Did you re-download the cmt script & bonus releases before starting?

Try that now, and first, from the script release, go in 'scripts\src' and drag 'cmt', 'globals' and 'shared' to your 'MFOLDER\scripts\src'. Overwrite all. From the bonus release, go in 'scripts\src' and drag over 'cmt' and 'globals'. Overwrite all.

These shouldn't be changed ever, as they're not scenario-specific.

Finally, it looks like it's also looking in your scenario scripts and finding the variable. Try and find it in your EQUIPTEST.hs that should be in 'src\scenarios\EQUIPTEST'. You'll want to comment it out in there (or remove it). Also, make sure you don't have an #include <src\cmt\weapons\...> in your scenario scripts (they should be in 'src\scenarios\EQUIPTEST' for you). That shouldn't be a problem though, unless the pre-processor broke, or the #ifdef in the weapon scripts was messed with.

Just for reference, from what I've gathered, the way the pre-processor works is it takes all of it's includes, finds the related scripts, and smashes them together (pretty much).

If Sapien is telling you that an error is in '_components_cmt', for instance, then it's most likely in one of your 'src\cmt\' scripts. '_components_scenario' would be from your 'src\scenarios\MAPNAME' and so on.
Edited by FtDSpartn on Jun 17, 2015 at 09:34 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Xfire Shutting Down! End Of The Line :( Jun 16, 2015 09:06 PM (Total replies: 101)

Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19
Downloading now! Thanks for the link. I thought I missed the window.

You can also use 208.88.178.73/profile/<your profile name> to view your profile.

Halo CE General Discussion » Xfire Shutting Down! End Of The Line :( Jun 16, 2015 08:56 PM (Total replies: 101)

Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19
It's a damn shame. Wish I had a heads up so that I could download all of my old screenshots.

You can't do it anymore? You sure? I just did it with a random account.
http://export.xfire.com

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Files locked Sapien won't open Jun 15, 2015 02:33 PM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mushi
Anyone know how to fix this? Searched *well I tried anyway* to searched any topics on this but 0 Results came up. Google didn' help much either...just showed me the lockout halo 2 map...

All these locked files are the reason why Sapien refuses to open I have deleted them and re extracted them again which worked but it takes way too much time to do each and every file.

I've had this problem recently, actually. Are you running as administrator? If not, try that. If you are and it's still happening, go to AppData\Local\VirtualStore and there should be a program files folder in there. Go to Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition. You should be able to pull the scenarios out of there and back into your main folder.

I dunno why this happens; something to do with opening a .scenario in Sapien and then in Guerilla at the same time, perhaps?

Time: Fri March 24, 2017 3:56 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website