A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Sean Aero
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 1, 2013 11:30 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, Halo CE
HaloRank.com

Post Statistics
Sean Aero has contributed to 197 posts out of 469283 total posts (.04%) in 3,729 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » HaloRank.com Apr 1, 2013 11:30 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit

i see on the web site says...

Inorder to sign-up we need you to play for a few minutes on a HaloRank server first.
See the "Games" tab for possible servers.

I think thats aittle odd how is this working exactly ip loging or what?

Yes by matching your visitors IP on the website with that of the IP you used to play in a game, the system is able to determine if you are eligible for sign up.
After you signed up the system will link the hash it detected to your account thus no longer looking at the IP you are using but solely at your hash.
This avoids the problem of people having dynamic IPs.
Downside of this method is that the system does not support pirated keys, excluding quite a few people.

what if i let a frend play a game on my pc under a diffrent profile? dose that count on my rank?

In this situation the stats would go to your account as the stats are tracked by your halo hash which is derived from the product key you installed with on your PC.

Profile names have no affect, so you can play under any name you like in game and it will still be counted towards your stats.

btw the sine up button is not clickable. can you give more instuction?
Edited by jackrabbit on Apr 1, 2013 at 09:46 AM

if you could send me the page url this is happening on with a printscreen that would help.
I'll look in to making the instructions more clear, you are not the first person asking for more instructions. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » HaloRank.com Apr 1, 2013 09:24 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: Xboxuser013
Says the account I made a while ago doesn't exist

That's correct, due to a forum being added which you automatically get access to on sign up.
I had to delete all previous accounts, but I promise this was the last time.

Also you can now sign up with specials chars and caps in your name.

Quote: --- Original message by: DSalimander
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
1st of April a perfect day for a release I would say.

Yeah, the day where everybody tries to trick somebody is the best time to release something.

I'll be sure to post again tomorrow ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » HaloRank.com Apr 1, 2013 06:07 AM (Total replies: 8)

It's 2nd day of Easter and 1st of April a perfect day for a release I would say.

A lot has happened, but long story short.
The website is "finally" online and ready to be used.

What is HaloRank?
HaloRank is a website which keeps track of your HaloPC and HaloCE multi-player statistics. While at the same time providing additional fun, through achievements, challenges and best of all ranks!

How does it work?
Basically it uses a server application which tracks your score and send it to the HaloRank database. The database processes all the scores submitted and turn the scores into interesting and "usefull" stuff.

I'm an server admin what Server application will I need?
Currently the system only support Gandanur. Not the most popular app today, but it was a choice made way back.
Download Gandanur 13.3.0 for Halo here: http://www.gandanur.com/p/downloads.html

So how fast is this tracking mechanism?
Currently scores are processed within 15~30 seconds of an event happening.

I'm use a shared key/pirated the game or "HaloCE portable" (v1.00/v1.06) user, will my score be tracked?
Your score will be tracked but since this system is based on hash it will be quite hard to keep tracking your progress over time.
If you want to be tracked perfectly within in the system you'll need a legit install of Halo and a legit key. Measurements have been installed to filter out pirates hashes over time, however it can never be 100% perfect. This does not mean you can not play as a pirate, it just means I can't guarantee to accurately update your score over time.

As for the rest, just explore and find out.

http://www.halorank.com

I'm looking forward to all your feedback and critique.

As some people pointed out that signing up is confusing here is a video which explains the process and why it is in place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=jb2us2faw0w

Edited by Sean Aero on Apr 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Edited by Sean Aero on Apr 1, 2013 at 04:54 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] HAC 2 alpha/preview Jan 2, 2013 12:21 PM (Total replies: 256)

Quote: --- Original message by: DennisUser made applications that attempt to phone home is... well it's very very bad.

It's only very very bad if the guy that's coding the app has bad intentions.
With Btcc22 this is clearly not the case.

Second, I think you are confused with him asking for bandwidth for map hosting, not app hosting.

See his first post: "we're seeking bandwidth providers/mirrors for map hosting".
Seems like something you could play a role in with halomaps.

Halo CE General Discussion » Where can i buy a cd key online? Dec 26, 2012 03:31 PM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
Quote: --- Original message by: DennisIn order to be compliant with the copyright he MUST sell the physical media. When asked for it he will not supply it. What does that tell you?

Tells me you never asked.

How many do you have. I will purchase them all.

I allow people to buy 5 Halo Product Keys per purchase. This to provide a fair distribution among Product Keys per players. If you want to buy 5 Italian sealed/brand new copies of Halo Combat Evolved and have them shipped to you that can be arranged.
Just keep in mind that you'll have to cover for the shipping fee.

PS. Not sure what you're trying to proof here, but if you got the cash to have me ship it to you, be my guest.

EDIT: I got the message the first time I posted the link/url to the selling page and you edited the post. I respect your decisions it's your website.

Just saying that it has not been me who has been posting the URL but one of the 90 people who apparently had a good experience with their purchase, that is all.
I just came out due to the fact that you're making the wrong assumption about me not being able to send the physical box.
Again if you want the physical box of a non-English version and you have to extra money to pay for the shipping, be my guest.
Edited by Sean Aero on Dec 26, 2012 at 03:45 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Where can i buy a cd key online? Dec 26, 2012 01:17 PM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: DennisIn order to be compliant with the copyright he MUST sell the physical media. When asked for it he will not supply it. What does that tell you?

Tells me you never asked.

For the people that have asked, answer remains the same, yes I can if you're willing to pay the extra shipping fee for a non-english version of the Halo game.

Most criminally misinformed or just plain stupid people rather just have the Product Key as the English CE version is free to download.

Halo CE General Discussion » CD Hash (Consistency?) Aug 29, 2012 05:34 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hash is only related to your Halo product key, OS or re-install do not affect your hash.
So yes, it's consistent.
Edited by Sean Aero on Aug 29, 2012 at 05:34 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » A Halo server request from me to you Jul 23, 2012 05:46 AM (Total replies: 3)

See PM, I have send you a server key with instructions.
Also don't forget to replace the .dlls with the updated one.

Halo CE General Discussion » A Halo server request from me to you Jul 22, 2012 04:36 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hello good sirs of Halomaps.org,

The reason for writing today is me asking for a little favor.
As some of you might know HaloRank (that Halo statistics project, which I've been working on for long long time) basically crashed back in Nov "11 due to scalability issues. Too many servers got connected and the code I wrote was not optimized to handle such amount of incoming data. The database design was bad which caused the server load to hit numbers beyond healthy (8.00), it was actually a miracle that it ran for a few months.

In the course of the last two quarters I've been slowly updating the HaloRank code and have changed the design of the database which lead me to today's request, being:

"Could you please run a Halo server with an updated version of Gandanur server app which I hold, for a time span of a week or two?"

Reason for asking, I want to stress test the newly designed database and code to know if it can withstand a large amount of servers and if not, what the current limit is.

If you are able to help, please leave a reply here or contact me by m4il: sean at halorank.com

More info on progress:
www.facebook.com/HaloRank

Halo CE General Discussion » Gun Game in Halo? Jul 11, 2012 11:50 AM (Total replies: 4)

You can script this with the Phasor server app.
http://haloapps.wordpress.com/
Edited by Sean Aero on Jul 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HaloUnity Jul 10, 2012 12:46 PM (Total replies: 11)

A referral for the early share on info, I'm such a bad person ;)

But yeah, figured some of you might enjoy it. After all it's all halo community.

Halo CE General Discussion » HaloUnity Jul 9, 2012 06:16 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Cool, did you make this?

No not me, it's a combined project from what I understood involving developers who founded, HaloCharts, HaloSphere2 and HaloChallenges. The main focus is the Xbox but I assume this will be one of those Halo hotspots too stay up to date with all other non-HaloCE/PC news.

Halo CE General Discussion » HaloUnity Jul 9, 2012 01:48 PM (Total replies: 11)

From the creators of HaloCharts, HaloSphere2 and HaloChallenges.

Halo UNITY, a site designed to bridge the gap between all communities in Halo, allowing them to come together in a single place to encourage activity among their members. The idea is simple. Be an active, positive, member of a community site and you will be rewarded here.

UNITY for COMMUNITIES

• Easily promote your events and activities to lots of people

• Distribute awards for your events and encourage players to participate

• Promote contests and give-aways with the built in Item system

UNITY for PLAYERS

• Meet lots of other players like yourself

• Socialize with other players through events and activities

• Build up your own player profile to express your Halo interests

• Join or create your own social groups

Have a look, check it out, discuss.
www.HaloUnity.com

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE 1.09 'coldsnap.yelo' Jul 6, 2012 02:38 AM (Total replies: 7)

Are you messing with Halo's memory?

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce Y U NO USE? Jul 5, 2012 03:39 PM (Total replies: 14)

So for the majority it's just Xfire support?

Halo CE General Discussion » Why make tutorials in video form? Jul 4, 2012 03:43 AM (Total replies: 22)

Monkey see, monkey do.
Videos are just better communication when it comes do demonstrating how to do something yourself.

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce for HaloCE, V3.0, Released Jul 2, 2012 05:06 PM (Total replies: 818)

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Post your card type and name, and if you have some graphics benchmarking stuff, you can post that too so we can compare whether it should be stronger or not.

Will run a test on my laptop and desktop this coming weekend.

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce Y U NO USE? Jul 2, 2012 03:55 PM (Total replies: 14)

I think you got your URLs backwards.. I hover my mouse over them, and the destination are words rather than sites lol..

Le fixed

Also, its just the Xfire ingame that doesnt work

I think this is the whole point of having Xfire, in game chat.
Edited by Sean Aero on Jul 2, 2012 at 06:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce Y U NO USE? Jul 2, 2012 03:40 PM (Total replies: 14)

With the whole discussion going on regarding .yelo maps and OpenSauce I figured it might be wise to split this discussion off in a different thread.

Topic is straight to the point, list the reasons why you do not use OpenSauce.
Incompatibility, hardware issues, install problems, old fashioned, whatever your legit reason is.
This should give a bit of an indication what the main problem is for the majority of the community that try and use OpenSauce.

For me it's only incompatibility reason which refrain me from having OpenSauce installed at all times. (which I regret, because I would like to have it installed at all times)

Incompatible with:

Edited by Sean Aero on Jul 2, 2012 at 04:15 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 1, 2012 09:54 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ifafudafi
Will I need Open Sauce?
This will be a tough pill for many to swallow, so we'll put it as bluntly as possible:

TSC: Evolved will ONLY be distributed as a .yelo. You will be REQUIRED to use Open Sauce.
Edited by Ifafudafi on Jun 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Never saw the point of releasing a .map version to begin with. You made the right move.

Time: Thu August 22, 2019 4:55 AM 1,313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website