A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: anonymous_2009
About Contact
Last Post: May 23, 2012 11:24 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
anonymous_2009 has contributed to 2503 posts out of 466903 total posts (.54%) in 3,298 days (.76 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » The Ghost Froom May 23, 2012 11:24 PM (Total replies: 134)

I said "AHAHAHAAH" because i'm laughing at him.

And what bandwagon would this be?

And I have no care for what you say Mator, from the posts I have read your really idiotic, aside from the last few pages which seems to be a bit more of a valid argument, but still.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Ghost Froom May 23, 2012 07:47 PM (Total replies: 134)

Wait, he stated he was a physics major ? (i'm not reading most of his crap his wall's of txt just looks like kiddy rage).

Wtf has that got to do with a video game!? He has just lowered himself down the lowest you can go! AHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 23, 2012 07:33 PM (Total replies: 14962)

I understand that you want it like the MA5B, but there is nothing to it. You might as well just give the edges a smooth look so it actually looks like metal and realistic, or you can afew minor changes from other AR's from the Halo games, which still don't change it's shape and overall style at all.

Edit:

Quote: --- Original message by: Yoda
I lightened the top section that houses the ammo counter, and I changed the stock and forgrip parts to a material that is more similar to the plastic-like look on the Halo 1 model. Right now the stock a bit dark, and I am still not done, but what do you think?

Better? worse?

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa376/Yoda73811/In-Progress%20Weapons/Render11.jpg
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa376/Yoda73811/In-Progress%20Weapons/Render12.jpg
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa376/Yoda73811/In-Progress%20Weapons/Render13.jpg

Looks a bit better, but a bit too much of the filter "clouds" has been used, and adds bit's of colour, not noticeable colour but paint it over, you won't be able to see it but it will in a way make a difference.

Also, the extruded "chin rest" part on the back of it, I think you should make it a separate object, so it's like screwed to the metal, and it should be made of rubber. I think that will look better.
Edited by anonymous_2009 on May 23, 2012 at 07:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Ghost Froom May 23, 2012 04:01 PM (Total replies: 134)

Mator, are you just spoiled kid who has a hissy fit when you can't get your own way lol. Golden comedy this thread is .

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 23, 2012 03:24 PM (Total replies: 14962)

Looking better, add something to the area where the mag is. And give the texture some colour variation. You could make the top part where the ammo counter is a brighter grey for example

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 23, 2012 11:18 AM (Total replies: 14962)

I want to make that. Just waiting for better references.

Halo CE General Discussion » ai map reqest May 23, 2012 11:17 AM (Total replies: 10)

Yeah, he is a little kind. And his grammar is just TERRIBLE.

This will not happen kid, especially with that grammar.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Ghost Froom May 23, 2012 10:28 AM (Total replies: 134)

@Mator - Your not a modder, these modders who you are arguing do KNOW what they are talking about. Im sticking by what I said and that is this is pointless and your defending it is really funny.

You remind me of one of them people who are sad enough to exploit a game to get an advantage over other places and just ruin the game for everyone.(Not Halo in general).

Halo CE General Discussion » The Ghost Froom May 22, 2012 06:19 PM (Total replies: 134)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mator
Things were spaced out. I didn't do everything all at once because that wouldn't be feasible. I have a life. Hence taking "years". I essentially would come back to it once every few days, and try again for an hour or two. That's how I went about doing this. When I finally got something, I would gather a large group of players in the server to take it to the end, sometimes going for longer periods of time (upwards to 8 hours). However, I don't think you can really talk here, because Halo mappers are just as guilty of this sort of thing, if not even more so. Many mapping projects take "years", so what I'm saying isn't all that exorbitant at all.

Well say something more feasible like it took you long time and alot of effort. And yes I can talk as for one I don't actually mod Halo, I model things and other people usually get them in-game. And the only projects that take "years" are in the following two categories:
- CRAP
- Professional and well made

Others don't take years and can still be good.

And nawwww, umad? It does not interest me, I don't see the point AT ALL, no need to cry because I stated my opinion hahahahaha

Edited by anonymous_2009 on May 22, 2012 at 06:20 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » The Ghost Froom May 22, 2012 01:07 PM (Total replies: 134)

This is the most pointless thing I have seen. And for your claim of it taking "years" is just plain stupid! lmao

What's the point of this? I don't see one...

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 22, 2012 12:43 PM (Total replies: 14962)

Just merge afew details from the Halo 3 AR, but keep it the same shape as the Halo 1 BR

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 22, 2012 10:01 AM (Total replies: 14962)

Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
I think you should fix that "weird face" inbetween the barrel and the flashlight in the model with normals. It looks smoothed out fine in Halo 1's model.

Yea, I noticed that. I just forgot to fix it before rendering.

@anonymous_2009:
Yea, but he is making his own modifications. and that pic was posted quite some time ago and has had no updates. I am making it as exact as possible, and I will be completing it and getting it in-game. Any advice on the model? I was hoping that you would at least give an opinion... or an insult... or something.

Well, it's not exactly HD... You should add detail to it and use a highpoly to bake normals. And also add more triangles to the lowpoly model.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 21, 2012 10:35 PM (Total replies: 14962)

I was thinking that someone ought to make a revamped Halo 1 Assault rifle with OS (meaning it should have normals and everything.)

So....

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa376/Yoda73811/In-Progress%20Weapons/Render01.jpg
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa376/Yoda73811/In-Progress%20Weapons/Render02.jpg

This is only my second attempt at doing normals, and I am not done yet. All of the major details are there, but as I make the textures I intend to add to the normals as well (damage and such)

Advice, ciriticism, etc... is welcome. I am trying to stay as true to the original as possible, while still improving the overall quality of the weapon.

scroll to the top of the page...

Edit: i messed that quote up...

Edited by anonymous_2009 on May 22, 2012 at 09:59 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Conspiracy] Halo CE B30. May 20, 2012 07:12 PM (Total replies: 56)

It's not been made to make a shape... it just looks that way because it does.

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone up for making a map? Cause i can't. May 19, 2012 07:52 AM (Total replies: 45)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sciophobiaranger

Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
Tbf, without pointing fingers and choosing sides. The map rating things means F all... a bunch of kids rate the maps... Man, if someone released a box map with loads of weapons + vehicles in it would get a good rating.

No offence like, not played the map.

this, too. some really get stuff gets bad rates and vise versa.

I got floods of messages on xfire asking for a new Sciophobia so i don't think it meant f-all; Even Higuy said he liked the map and used to play on it...

Edited by Sciophobiaranger on May 18, 2012 at 09:52 PM

Tbh, how old where they? - If young it doesn't really count as kinds don't think about how good a map is in the correct way.

It could be a good map, it could be bad, i dont care - still doesn't mean you act like an ass.

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone up for making a map? Cause i can't. May 18, 2012 09:47 PM (Total replies: 45)

Tbf, without pointing fingers and choosing sides. The map rating things means F all... a bunch of kids rate the maps... Man, if someone released a box map with loads of weapons + vehicles in it would get a good rating.

No offence like, not played the map.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] May 18, 2012 03:51 PM (Total replies: 8467)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
All i see here is a sad little kid attempting to make him sound tough with a threat of rape and murder. Chill out kid, there's absolutely no need to act like a senseless moron. Get back on topic and leave it be.
improvement, but that's up to you entirely.

No i'm notttt aha i joke i joke - your about the other guy :D

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Bourrin, if you would be so kind, can we see some progress of what the bumps look like ingame? or maybe some other form of progress?

As a Side note, you'd be better off using Normals and OS if you want to see a bigger improvement, but that's up to you entirely.

But anyway, definitely use OS and normals, tbh people should get into the habit of using them, why not? It's 2012, lets make the mods look better (waits for someone to come in saying it should look classic and old...)

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 4 limited edition. mmm yes May 18, 2012 03:18 PM (Total replies: 31)

People need to stop comparing this game to CoD - CoD is an EXTREMELY awful game, at times it CAN be fun, but it does not make it a good game.

And oh, some service comes out called Elite and everyone jumps on the wagon of comparing other games "packs" or services to it... A LOT of games usually give you map packs early if you buy a more expensive version of the game, it's nothing new.

Gosh..

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone up for making a map? Cause i can't. May 18, 2012 03:16 PM (Total replies: 45)

Okay:

1. Don't listen to "sshers1" - From what he just said, he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.
2. These threads ARE pointless, as the majority of the time you only get people who THINK they can make good maps, but are really terrible. Or you get nothing.
3. Your just better of learning yourself, it is not hard at all. Just watch tutorials, the HEK is the most simplest Editing Kit I have seen.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] May 17, 2012 07:14 PM (Total replies: 8467)

Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
Quote: --- Original message by: LegionofShadows
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
Yeah its concept art, been looking for things that never made it in-game. I don't like Halowars, but some of the animal concepts that didnt make it are nice and actually look Halo. The rest of the game was crap and didnt look Halo, for example that disgusting picture above :)

Ive been trying to find the longsword concept art, but i dont think there is any which is strange :S

if you're gonna model cut concept art based content, you should totally give this a try:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061029002457/halo/images/a/a8/AlienTrooper.jpg

I modeled something based off of this in sculprtis once, then lost the files unfortunately. It was fun to make though

The problem I have with those particular concepts for halo 2, was that it would make it more of a generic sci-fi game. It wouldn't be as interesting, and have all the little things that make Halo so awesome. Not saying Halo is completely different from your average sci fi game, but it is diffferent in a good amount.

I don't see how any of the cut content from halo 2 can break the game like you say it would. The thing about concept art is it's a concept. The rest of building new content (in this case a new race) would be how you developed the creature as a whole. The thing about halo's covenant is that the aliens are very different from the general idea of what aliens are imagined to be like to most of today's cultures. All it really takes is enough creativity to keep that feel while bringing the concept full circle and you can be successful in keeping the halo feel

Tbf, this:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061029002457/halo/images/a/a8/AlienTrooper.jpg

Will not work in the Halo Universe. It is a really bad and ugly concept, it's not interesting AT ALL lol

Time: Sat June 23, 2018 2:08 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website