A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Kills_Alone
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 12, 2014 08:57 PM
Interests: Mapping/Modding
Your Age:
What Games do you play: FPS, RPG, FPS-RPG, Puzzle
I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Post Statistics
Kills_Alone has contributed to 500 posts out of 464604 total posts (.11%) in 3,022 days (.17 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Camera, Resolution, & Widescreen Tweaks
Edited by Kills_Alone on Aug 12, 2014 at 08:57 PM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Need a key May 1, 2014 09:32 AM (Total replies: 13)

You didn't provide one logical counter-point. All you did was insult me. A better man can admit when he has lost the conversation, bringing forth nothing of value. Accepting that yes he was wrong, but also realizing that he has the opportunity to learn from it. If you had actually made any valid points I would respectfully agree upon reconsidering my position, but that is not to be see here nor there. In the actual body of this conversation:

"I know i have no right to ask for this from you people, but i was wondering if somebody could get me a halo 2 key so i can play online, ive never played halo 2 back when it was on the original xbox, but now i have a pc, and have been wanting to play, so if somebody could please send me a key, id be forever grateful."

He is online, he plainly states as much. He communicates in English, he states in the OP that he wants to play it online, he is posting on an online forum, he could not activate it without being online, even the phone prompt is preceded by an internet prompt to activate. Perhaps you should actually read and pay attention to the context of this conversation before adding nothing of value to it and going off on some tangent that is completely related to the question at hand. He said he wants to play online, meanwhile you are talking about some kid form India who has a computer powerful enough to play Halo 2 yet not enough resources to save up a dollar. You are not making any valid points nor are you helping anyone. You may think you are, but that only illustrates one of the internet current issues: the blind leading the blind. Your Indian Straw Man argument has no bearing on this thread, in fact its a bit insulting that you think some people are so lacking in ability that they cannot raise a single dollar. Someone who needs a dollar is not concerned about playing Halo 2 on the PC, they are concerned about where their next meal is coming from.

The question has been answered by a few of us here, procure your game serial legally. Either by Amazon or elsewhere for even cheaper.

And surely you are now filled with enough vigor to provide ample entertainment for our fellow internet denizens.

But first take please take note, you do not need to make a move because I will not debase myself further, slinking ever closer to your level; you ever pointless pedestrian of the internet. I prefer to help people with relevant information instead of confusing them as you seem so set upon. Still, you must have your say then and you shall, after-all, I have just had a terrible vision: I predict the continued ramblings of another in 3....2....1....

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Need a key Apr 30, 2014 06:34 PM (Total replies: 13)

A G4WL key from that era can be purchased for as little as a dollar. So you purchase Shadowrun or Gears of War PC and away you go.

Anyone can save up a dollar, especially if they have a computer powerful enough to run this shoddy port of a game. This hypothetical computer probably has a PCI Express GPU as well, considering the age it is unlikely an onboard GPU would provide an acceptable frame-rate. The electricity and internet to run said computer and connect it to other players would cost more. The monitor and keyboard would cost more, the mouse would probably cost more.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Any download links for Gravemind?? Apr 14, 2014 04:37 PM (Total replies: 11)

They are wrong, as I said. I'm running Gravemind right now as I type.

Here is a video from a week ago where I use all of the mods/apps.
Halo 2 PC - Campaign Redux - H2MT

Make sure its Gravemind 1.6B and that you right click and run it as Admin.

no megusta, ki nect is $100 extra, savy?

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Any download links for Gravemind?? Apr 12, 2014 11:48 PM (Total replies: 11)

All the apps I recommend still work just fine, and with any updates. You need to make sure you have all updates for MS .Net, VC++, and all Windows Updates.

If you are on Windows 8 then you need this: Windows 8 - How to disable ASLR, which is included in this package: H2MT - Halo 2.5 - Game+ Pack for Halo 2 PC

(from the people who brought you pointless posting)

Watch as he tries to correct your lack of English use with an even worse example. Cringe as he says "Ain't", ponder the gravity of this situation. Mock the mock turtle, troll the bridge troll.

Coming Spring 2014

The Moderator of Improper English Enforcement

Edited by Kills_Alone on Apr 17, 2014 at 04:22 AM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Any download links for Gravemind?? Apr 12, 2014 07:26 PM (Total replies: 11)

This does not force First Person when in the Hog, it fixes it so when you go into FP the camera is in the driver's seat instead of inside of the Hog.

After that, you have to use an app that can force first/third cam, so use Ambiguous Alpha or Blue Trainer vK2.

So load Ambiguous Alpha after the map is loaded in-game; then push 3, 4, and/or 5 after getting in a Hog.
Edited by Kills_Alone on Apr 12, 2014 at 07:27 PM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Camera, Resolution, & Widescreen Tweaks Apr 10, 2014 09:37 PM (Total replies: 0)

People are always asking about these, so to make them easier to find here is another link:

Camera, Resolution, & Widescreen Tweaks

ENJOY & USE RESPONSIBLY: Please do not use this collection for malicious hacking

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » halo 2 dev trainer Apr 10, 2014 09:31 PM (Total replies: 11)

The list should still be in my first post link. And a way to activate the skulls without using the dev trainer.
Edited by Kills_Alone on Apr 11, 2014 at 01:41 AM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Any download links for Gravemind?? Apr 10, 2014 09:03 PM (Total replies: 11)

Gravemind and Mr Mohawk where the old way of editing an existing map.

Then there was an improved version of it released called Gravemind 1.6B. More stable and able to open more map types.

We released an improved version of Blu Trainer which can be a great tool especially for Machinima purposes and so forth.

Then there was Ambiguous Alpha and Beta. Both good for RTE (Real Time Editing) as in editing the map while its running in the game, these changes do not save. The Alpha version has some cool dev cheats like third person/fly cam/constant OS.

A newer application called Assembly is also great for editing existing maps and for RTE, I have never corrupted a map with it. The same cannot be said for Gravemind. Although Gravemind seems to be better at editing check boxes.

I use all of these apps for testing and making custom mods/maps.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Blu trainer (Good news And bad news) Apr 10, 2014 08:53 PM (Total replies: 2)

H2MT to the rescue: Camera, Resolution, & Widescreen Tweaks

Our version of Blu Trainer doesn't report back to home nor does it have pop-ups, plus it just works.

Ambiguous Alpha can also handle third person and flycam.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » exporter problem Mar 24, 2014 08:31 PM (Total replies: 1)

I'm a little rusty but in 3DS Max 8 there is a section called tools or something over on the far upper right tabs. One of the tools in there can fix this issue but I cannot recall which one.

So to avoid this from happening when you scale an object; scale the entire object or scale the two parallel sides together. If you scale just one side by itself this will happen. Wish I could give a better example but I have not done a map in awhile. My one big issue with Windows 8 was that it does not like my copy of 3DS Max 8.

We have many example source files in Max format you can learn from, I suggest checking out our [DATA] H2MT - The Essential Collection . It is large but makes H2PC mapping much easier.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Windows 8? Feb 24, 2014 05:41 AM (Total replies: 2)

No problem installing it on 8.1 here, the issue is usually with Windows 7.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » halo 2 crashing on startup Feb 23, 2014 06:07 PM (Total replies: 4)

Restart Windows.

Did you update or change anything in the last half hour, or is it possible you have some type of flood infection in your PC?

It is not shut down until July 1st of this year.

-Run those apps as admin

-Update Microsoft Visual C & .Net runtimes

-Run Windows Update

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » limit to number of uses on activation? Nov 1, 2013 06:23 PM (Total replies: 9)

Either MS will provide an update removing the online activation update or you could use MF.dll which bypasses the process, I only recommend this method if you have a legit key.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » How Do I? Oct 1, 2013 07:16 PM (Total replies: 8)

Yes, the issue is that H2v gets upset if you install another game that has a newer version of Live (such as Dark Souls) before updating Live through H2v.

To do it properly one would probably need to install the game and update Live first, then test and play the game online or at least connected to G4WL.

Later, you would install other (newer) Live games, but the Live part would already be set up so it would not stop H2v from running.

In your case you might be screwed without a reinstall and following the proper install order as I just outlined, so try what we have suggested first.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » How Do I? Sep 30, 2013 08:14 PM (Total replies: 8)

It just worked for me, when I installed it Win 8 (64-bit) said there was a compatibility issue with Win8 and H2v so I clicked okay or whatever the button said and it worked anyways.

Just make sure you have all your MS .Net and Windows Updates first, and when you run the game to get the Live/game updates you may need to right click on the executable and select Run As Admin.

Time: Sun September 24, 2017 10:39 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website