A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: boogerlad
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 14, 2015 11:36 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
boogerlad has contributed to 153 posts out of 468955 total posts (.03%) in 3,628 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Objects "Stretching" On Windows 10 Dec 14, 2015 11:36 PM (Total replies: 11)

You can set the resolution by reading this: http://hce.halomaps.org/?nid=309
and that is a common issue with Intel graphics unfortunately. Try updating to the latest drivers. I have tried haswell integrated and it does that occasionally. Intel's drivers on linux are surprisingly more stable, but I doubt you want to go that route.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 7, 2015 09:15 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Maybe it's because you guys aren't using a version control system after TSC:E

Halo CE General Discussion » 60 fps animations? Sep 15, 2015 08:22 PM (Total replies: 90)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6UxyULFp4g

If someone believes a lower fps count is better than something higher, they are delusional.

Got an exception after killing cheif. https://mega.co.nz/#!iVVxEIqC!ahXaS75VbSh3gb2JTexS_Wm_iuVL4eF-ILss38-6G8I

That doesn't fix it, just hides the problem.

I don't think they will be fixing FOV bugs. I reported them early in the RC stage and they didn't do anything about it. There are also FOV bugs with cutscenes, but that is due to an OS/engine limitation with regards to max number of rendered polygons.

Congrats team! Sorry I couldn't help out the final bugtesting but I've been stranded in the hospital for a while. Does someone mind hosting the readme and any other reading material(pdf) on not mediafire? It's blocked here.

Sorry, it's hard to tell when it comes to this forum lol

Your understanding of the term "render" is flawed.

I'd love high poly models to port into something like cryengine or render in luxrender.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 1, 2015 08:20 PM (Total replies: 12123)

C20:E is handled by Masterz and co. The Evolved team has been working exclusively on TSC:E leaving Masterz and co to work on everything else with a different tag set.

What a joke. Despite the number of cores, it's IPC is so low a modern lowend quadcore from intel or a dual core with ht would destroy it for 3ds max rendering.

What CPU do you have? 8 cores doesn't tell us a whole lot. 3ds Max 2010+ is also a prerequisite. It doesn't really matter though, we're near the end. Work can't be parallelized any further at this point.

stay silent.

> implying Alienware = fast

What are your specs?
Edited by boogerlad on Jan 20, 2015 at 07:00 PM

hehehe. More than that.

Depending on BSP complexity, but that sounds about right. That time does not include fixing any errors and needing to re-render though. There's four lightmaps to render. Standard, direction 1, 2, and 3, which we can parallelize the workload.
Edited by boogerlad on Dec 27, 2014 at 02:33 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 3, 2014 11:29 PM (Total replies: 12123)

I don't know much about tags, but how about having a git/svn repository of some sort? Or just use the folder feature of mega.co.nz. Then people can browse for individual tags and get what they want.

That's still okay I guess. There's nothing with higher single threaded performance than an overclocked Haswell. What's the team using to render lightmaps now?

Yes. I used to use Maxwell Render frequently, which is cpu only and scales very well, even across network nodes.

Time: Fri May 24, 2019 6:00 AM 438 ms.
A Halo Maps Website