A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: JHOW2
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 13, 2010 12:23 PM
Occupation: Chef, Cashier, Bartender, Dishwasher, Deli worker, Meat cutter, Grocery Manager
Interests:
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: None, I have a life
Don't got one.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
JHOW2 has contributed to 86 posts out of 465508 total posts (.02%) in 3,992 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » More Halo reach Leaks Apr 13, 2010 12:23 PM (Total replies: 43)

Don't download the second one. Only a moron would, it's clearly a virus. I could make the GUI for that in 10 seconds using VB. It didn't go full screen nor would a game ever start up like that. XBOX only company guys, not PC. There i made it.
Edited by JHOW2 on Apr 13, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo chess Apr 2, 2010 12:53 AM (Total replies: 34)

For those of you who really believe it's true, sorry it's not. :( If you need further persuasion look at the level. It's just a big box with textures. It was made in forge. Hint, the white things are spawns or something.

I am scrapping my old engine because XNA is based off the 360 way too much. I don't like the way it loads content or the lack of options with it's graphics device class. I got into DirectX and i am going to use it along with C# and make an almost exact copy of halo. The way it should be made. I am wondering how halo's tags are compressed. I am going to make a whole new set of tag types to support the new additions as well as allow it to use the old ones. Most of the data in the tags can be used. An example of what can't be used is the physics tag. I will make a new one. You will have to change your old tags to use the new one but that is no big deal. Any help as too how i would go about this? I am going to use the StreamReader class to read in the data. Bungie put up an article on how tags work so i know what the underlying structure is like. I just can't decompress them yet.

Halo CE General Discussion » Big surprise for ya'll. Mar 3, 2010 07:26 PM (Total replies: 69)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCHSCMk6J9s

Halo CE General Discussion » MW2 Map Pack? Behold. Feb 8, 2010 03:21 PM (Total replies: 71)

I am using that but i am not sure how to override LOD and culling.

Halo CE General Discussion » MW2 Map Pack? Behold. Feb 7, 2010 11:56 PM (Total replies: 71)

How did you manage to rip the whole map. Including the insides?

Halo CE General Discussion » Big surprise for ya'll. Feb 7, 2010 06:43 PM (Total replies: 69)

I was wondering if someone could get me all the bitmaps for halo's menu's. I am working on the menu system right now. My bitmap converter does not work because i have vista 64 bit. I would really appreciate the help as i am working on getting the camera to fly around on it's own. As it does on the main screen. Also iHalo, if you would like to help it would be much appreciated. I am not able to integrate halo's tags because my engine runs a lot differently. Mine has a different physics systme and graphics system so the values will not match up. I will be making my own tag system because you can not make user created maps without them.

Halo CE General Discussion » Big surprise for ya'll. Feb 7, 2010 12:42 PM (Total replies: 69)

Quote: I made an engine for CE that was 10x better
It's not that we don't believe you, we just don't care. Saying something like that gets you nowhere. What i have there was only about 3 days of work so yes a lot of things are 10x better than it. It's just your attitude that we don't like. I post about something nice that i am doing for the community and out of nowhere you come and say "I already did it and it was 10 times better and it could work on the xbox and i didn't finish it." Who cares?
  • Update: I have networking, animations, and a menu system going.

Edited by JHOW2 on Feb 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Big surprise for ya'll. Feb 4, 2010 12:38 PM (Total replies: 69)

I won't take the time too add the read loop but this will give you an idea of how simple it will be. There is a little more to it but that's all easy as well. The ai's collision, behavior, and animations will all be done client side. The actual visual movement of the animation system is done in the matrix with the bones. I am sending all that info. I am working on the animation system as we speak, then i will move on to the networking system "made easy through XNA. There is a small chance that i will get it working within the next 3 or 4 weeks. Then "MAYBE" i can release a beta so that we can all run around on a map.
  • foreach(Entity e in PhysicsSystem.currentPhysicsSystem.space)
  • {
  • WriteMatrix(Ibuffer, e.worldMatrix;
  • }
  • public static void WriteMatrix(this NetBuffer buffer, Matrix matrix)
  • {
  • Quaternion rot = Quaternion.CreateFromRotationMatrix(matrix);
  • WriteRotation(buffer, rot, 24);
  • buffer.Write(matrix.M41);
  • buffer.Write(matrix.M42);
  • buffer.Write(matrix.M43);
  • }
  • public static Matrix ReadMatrix(this NetBuffer buffer)
  • {
  • Quaternion rot = ReadRotation(buffer, 24);
  • Matrix retval = Matrix.CreateFromQuaternion(rot);
  • retval.M41 = buffer.ReadSingle();
  • retval.M42 = buffer.ReadSingle();
  • retval.M43 = buffer.ReadSingle();
  • return retval;
  • }
Edited by JHOW2 on Feb 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM
Edited by JHOW2 on Feb 4, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Big surprise for ya'll. Feb 4, 2010 07:51 AM (Total replies: 69)

This is just an engine right now. I can't make it for halo because that would be copyright. But, i can't tell you that you can't put halo content into it like you do in unreal, crysis, source, etc, now can i? I am putting the sculpting tool in there for making more realistic terrain, and so that the people that don't have max can use it as well. I am using C# and XNA because c# is very easy to learn. Anyone inexperienced can pick it up fast. I will not be making a campaign mode but i will be adding syncing AI.
Edited by JHOW2 on Feb 4, 2010 at 07:52 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Big surprise for ya'll. Feb 2, 2010 08:20 PM (Total replies: 69)

I have some awesome fully interactive water but it lags like hell. I have to write it all into a shader sometime so that i can do it all on the gpu.

Halo CE General Discussion » Big surprise for ya'll. Feb 2, 2010 07:54 PM (Total replies: 69)

Ok, on with the show. I know awhile ago i said i was putting this project on hold till i got better. Well the time has come. I give you my wip engine. "1337 Engine" That is about a weeks worth of work off and on because i have 2 jobs and i am a part time college student. That's why i had to wait until now to post. So, right now my engine is somewhat basic. It has the ability to sculpt terrain like in crysis as well as load in static bsp's like in halo. In the next couple of days i will be creating my own version of 3ds max inside the engine. Very simple stuff i have to say. It will allow you to sculpt your map and then modify the vertices as you do in max. This will allow you to add more detail to your maps. You can also model a bsp in max and then create small meshes that you can sculpt to make it more life like. Animation and networking are also on the list of things to do in the next few days. This WILL NOT be a remake of halo. But i can't tell you that you can't put halo content into it as well as make the menu's look it now can i? I have made most of the stuff in there. Some of it was free stuff that i used because there was no reason to remake it. I just modified it and plugged it into my engine. The map editor and all the code that makes it work is mine. I made it then started adding stuff. And now without further ado. I give you the 1337 Engine Build.v.2.1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqP5IK7r1XY Sorry about the weird vertices. I just added those so they don't have a depth buffer yet. :(
Edited by JHOW2 on Feb 2, 2010 at 07:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Big surprise for ya'll. Feb 2, 2010 04:00 PM (Total replies: 69)

I am feeling generous, and i know it is a long time to wait so i will give you guys a sneak peek. A little something to analyze.

Halo CE General Discussion » Big surprise for ya'll. Feb 2, 2010 03:32 PM (Total replies: 69)

Be here around 8:00 pm eastern time US. I have a big surprise for you guys. " If the video uploads too youtube that is." If not it will be in picture form. I have too go to work but will back at 7:30. Some of you may not know me. I am the one that "was" remaking the halo engine. Hint, Hint. This is halo related so please don't remove it Dennis.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Gravity Gun V3 Jan 25, 2010 12:41 AM (Total replies: 50)

He isn't working on a "Physics Engine" per say. He is just "physically" moving objects through code.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Gravity Gun V3 Jan 24, 2010 08:47 PM (Total replies: 50)

YES, i could do ragdoll. Here is how it would work. I let halo's physics engine run and do what ever it does. Then after it has run i can change the world matrix for what ever model i want. Same as he is doing it with the gravity gun. Only for ragdoll i would have to acess each bone and move it individually. It will be harder than the other stuff but it could be done.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Gravity Gun V3 Jan 24, 2010 01:05 AM (Total replies: 50)

Where did i ever say that "i" made the physics engine? Well since you so amazing, you try it. Here is the free engine i was going to use. http://bepu-games.com/BEPUphysics/mediasection.htm

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Gravity Gun V3 Jan 21, 2010 03:31 PM (Total replies: 50)

Like i had said before i am not familiar with how you manage interactions between 2 programs. I use XNA too MAKE games. I can only try to add a new physics engine. Don't dis me because of the fact that i have never tried "hacking" other games. That is why i was asking for your help. But now that you have made yourself out to be a jerk, i will not waste my time.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Gravity Gun V3 Jan 20, 2010 11:03 PM (Total replies: 50)

Only problem is that Open Sauce is done in C++ not C#. Way different, but whatever. I give up. If he wants too keep it to himself thats fine.
Edited by JHOW2 on Jan 20, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Gravity Gun V3 Jan 20, 2010 10:43 PM (Total replies: 50)

There might be other methods but all i know is that you need a wrapper for the dll and you use this too import it. [DllImport("DllName.dll")] public static extern "return type" dllFunctionPrototype("types and parameters");

Time: Thu May 28, 2020 3:57 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website