A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: sparky
About Contact
Last Post: May 19, 2019 10:11 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Dismissal of Truth leaves one to believe lies

Post Statistics
sparky has contributed to 2050 posts out of 468928 total posts (.44%) in 3,618 days (.57 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 19, 2019 10:11 PM (Total replies: 20)

What's embarrassing is that I came back to use this forum only to find the trolls still desiring to troll my threads. No, I will do what I will do. What has been accomplished has been accomplished. And you will never understand what you will never understand. Asking for decency is foolish among the wicked who love to mock because their hearts are cruel and cold. Asking an abuser to stop, or a bully to back off, leads to one thing: bloodshed. I know what you will never in your lifetime perceive, so there is no reason for me to associate with fools. You are the one who will be embarrassed and shamed. You know no one; you know nothing. I leave you to your own bloodshed. Goodbye.

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 19, 2019 08:55 PM (Total replies: 20)

Here is the direct video link. I know Dennis has this, his datacenter, in a state nearby (a state where I grew up, I think), and I'm an American. I don't know if you are a US citizen. I speak from understanding, and this is what former US President Barack Obama says:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/02/04/obama_jesus_is_a_good_cure_for_fear.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiz8b2pQkuE

You have insulted not just me (which is fine) but the nature of truth, by your sudden random words attacking the very reason for the value of human life itself. You of course will not understand what I am saying in this, but look then, if you dare to look at a speaker whose videos I featured on my own YouTube channel, for you have claimed against me in my thread here that the modern day murder of millions of innocent Americans is something that I (anyone) should not speak about on YouTube (anywhere) to bring to the attention of my YouTube subscribers (anyone). You are in far worse condition than you realize, friend. Can you get better? Or is this madness terminal? But I digress. Apparently you care nothing about CDC reports of decreasing US population either. I mean, how would you use this forum if someone came and burned down your house and destroyed your computer? Have you no concept of reality and context? But this is merely my foolish interjection, right? Will you learn what I have learned by the time you are 33? Laughable.

Perhaps you will listen to a former US president. Perhaps not. But you too are human; you are not fooling anyone by initiating personal attacks to try to troll my threads so to provoke a response so that I would break this forum's rules so that its owner might ban me and/or delete my threads. You see, I know that what I do matters, and yet you continue to fight against me. I have no time to defend myself, I'm too busy working on free software for you to use, and in so doing, I'm too busy actually proving your libel against me to be false. You want free software from my hands? I'm working on it. Learn patience. You said that I want money for having done nothing; you make this lie why? Quote me if it's true. Quote wherever I said such a thing. I share information of my own time and desire based upon things I work on for everyone to use for free out of my own initiative, invention, money, and desire. Why do I take pains and expense inventing ways to be helpful? That's the kind of person I am. So why are you badgering me in my thread here unless it is malicious desire to see the thread deleted or me banned for responding to your trolling? Everything you've said is false, but why should I take time on my birthday now to go through it and reprove it all with screenshots? You don't care about knowing the truth, which is why you lie about me, and I see that, so your understanding is not my problem.

Please stop your personal attacks. You have been highly judgmental against me on this day when I have desired to share the fact that I am celebrating. Do I not have the right to involve others in forms of joy and celebration I hold? You see, here in the USA, we celebrate each other's birthdays. I don't know how it is in your country or in your culture, where apparently you think it is a good thing and well-justified to harass people who attempt to involve you in their work and news.

Thank you. IF YOU CONTINUE, THEN I will no longer respond, and chalk your sudden irritable behavior to some random personal issue. Seriously, this is not how one professionally speaks to another; your words betray your own madness at this time. I can only hope and pray that you feel better tomorrow. Again, you are welcome to join my Discord server if you want to talk about things we've talked about in the past with Halo and my projects. But you know this already! I won't burden you with more of my words. Just please behave and be nice -- at least in my own threads which I care about. Thank you, feel better, and be well.

----

Still looking forward to comments about Dropbox vs Google Drive so I can update my first post.

Also, it was expressed why this thread is needed. I have seen many times people ask how to share tags and maps they've made, both asking on this forum and asking me individually over the years in various chat conversations and venues. This thread is very much warranted, and since nobody else was doing it, here it is. Share your opinions now.

It would be great if Dennis had the time and/or initiative or will (or whatever is the actual reason it is not happening) to go ahead and update the Halo Maps Archive. But those of us who are doing maps and tags and want to share them need a consolidated approach, especially since the premise of the Halo Maps Archive has shown that a consolidated location and upload possibility has been so successful -- but it takes work, and planning. This thread is part of that planning. Speak your voice or go unheard; just don't come back later and say nobody asked for your opinion.

Edited by sparky on May 19, 2019 at 10:05 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 19, 2019 06:42 PM (Total replies: 20)

DeadHamster, you are quick to insult and spread libel, and slow to learn. I tire of wasting time responding to these things from you.

Open Google Chrome.
Log out of Mediafire.
Download, install, and activate extensions AdBlock and ScriptSafe.
Try downloading from Mediafire again.

Perhaps then you will see what is really happening when you use Mediafire. If not, I don't care, it's not my problem, and you clearly would rather argue than understand. Have at it, have fun, give it your best shot. I share information based upon my own experiences, not yours.

I would appreciate you not spreading lies about me, telling others what I think without proving it with quotes, screenshots, or video evidence backing up your claims against me. If it is too much to ask you to learn from my experience, is it too much to ask you to stop attacking me for no reason?

Where is your ridiculous, foul attitude coming from? I said nothing to offend you or provoke your verbal slights.

Had you actually cared about what I think and say, you would have joined my discord server where I discuss what I am doing. But since you don't, again, you are being ridiculous with your libel and your out-of-nowhere attitude insulting me every other sentence with some crass and terse rude statement. Go drink a clean glass of clean water. And maybe you should think before you type!

NONSENSE

Michelle, I looked at Google Drive, but can you specify if it is in any way superior to Dropbox, comparing free accounts? Do their terms say they delete files with low traffic? Please clarify beyond my assumption that perhaps there are more dead links because there are more links.

Edited by sparky on May 19, 2019 at 06:55 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 19, 2019 07:42 AM (Total replies: 20)

I don't like Mediafire (which I too have used long ago) because when one clicks "download", a third-party web site opens, and if you don't let that happen, you can't download the file. That's bad.

Halo CE General Discussion » Terminology May 19, 2019 07:33 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tachikoma
Do you think we're idiots?

If I had considered anyone on this forum to be an idiot, I would not have posted my words here. But the tone of your question... Do you need peace? "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace." (John 16:33).

Halo CE General Discussion » Terminology May 19, 2019 04:05 AM (Total replies: 9)

Offhand, does anyone know what "playlist" means among these options? I think perhaps it is a list of the available game types.

block                game data inputs
{
Name: game_data_input_references_block
Max Chunks: 64
Chunk Size: 36
Max Chunks x Chunk Size: 2304
Chunk Definition Offset: 0x5c23c0
{
enum function
{
NULL
player settings menu update desc
unused
playlist settings menu update desc
gametype select menu update desc
multiplayer type menu update desc
solo level select update
difficulty menu update desc
build number (textbox only)
server list update
network pregame status update
splitscreen pregame status update
net/splitscreen prejoin players
mp profile list update
3wide player profile list update
plyr prof edit-select menu upd8
player profile small menu update
game settings lists text update
solo game objective text
color picker update
game settings lists pic update
main menu fake animate
mp level select update
get active plyr profile name
get edit plyr profile name
get edit game settings name
get active plyr profile color
mp set textbox map name
mp set textbox game ruleset
mp set textbox teams noteams
mp set textbox score limit
mp set textbox score limit type
mp set bitmap for map
mp set bitmap for ruleset
mp set textbox # of players
mp edit profile set rule text
system link status check
mp game directions
teams/no teams bitmap update
warn if diff. will nuke saved game
dim if no net cable
pause game set textbox inverted
dim unless two controllers
controls update menu
video menu update
gamespy screen update
common button bar update
gamepad update menu
server settings update
audio_menu_update
mp prof vehicles update
solo map list update
mp map list update
gt select list update
gt edit list update
load game list update
checking for updates
direct ip connect update
network settings update
}
pad[2]
pad[32]
}
}

It is notably at the bottom of globals.globals, but perhaps it is an unfinished feature:
block                playlist members
{
Name: playlist_autogenerate_choice_block
Max Chunks: 20
Chunk Size: 148
Max Chunks x Chunk Size: 2960
Chunk Definition Offset: 0x5d1ae8
{
string map name
string game variant
long_integer minimum experience
long_integer maximum experience
long_integer minimum player count
long_integer maximum player count
long_integer rating
pad[64]
}
}

By the options, it seems like it has something to do with online matchmaking. Is there, or was there, maybe using Gamespy, online matchmaking that used playlists and rankings? Halo 2 had something like that with Xbox Live.

Edited by sparky on May 19, 2019 at 04:11 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 19, 2019 03:48 AM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
I feel like this is a very backhanded way [...] and would basically smack you over the head for using mediafire

The theme of backhanding over the head is questionable. *Blah blah insert some statement here about discipline and compassion and the right way to share information and so on and so forth.* But I mentioned drop box because I have not yet seen ads and nonsense like that with Mediafire, which is one motivator for my starting this thread.
Edited by sparky on May 19, 2019 at 03:52 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 18, 2019 02:46 PM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
tell them to use refinery

Please provide the best link to an executable of MosesofEgypt's Refinery.

Halo CE General Discussion » Terminology May 18, 2019 02:32 PM (Total replies: 9)

This thread is to discuss the documentation of technical and lore terminology, favoring that used by the stock Halo programs halo.exe, haloce.exe, guerilla.exe, tool.exe, and sapien.exe, and their maps.

gametype or game type vs game mode vs game engine vs game

• Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Slayer, Oddball, and Race are game modes.
  • CTF, Juggernaut, Reverse Tag, Team Slayer, and Classic Phantoms are examples of game types.
  • New001 is the initial name for a custom game type.
  • Blam! is a game engine.
  • Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 are games (game titles).
  • Halo is a game franchise.
  • Bloodgulch on CTF is a multiplayer match (named after its map and game type settings).

SAPP configurations are currently using the opposite nomenclature: game mode means custom game type, and gametype means CTF, Slayer, KOTH, Oddball, and Race.

Halo's UI combines game type into gametype. Gametype is not a word, so go with game type in writing, and you can use gametype in technical things like executable launch arguments.

multiplayer vs multi player vs multi-player
singleplayer vs single player vs single-player

Multi- is a prefix, not a separate word. Thus, as adjectives, use multi-player and single-player. When the hyphen and a replacement underscore are not allowed, use multiplayer and single player; "single player" out of context can be confused as adjective noun rather than adjective. In .scenario tags, the HEK uses solo, multiplayer, and main menu.

Edited by sparky on May 18, 2019 at 03:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy Birthday (to me) May 18, 2019 01:09 PM (Total replies: 8)

Yes, far be it from me to acknowledge the existence of another.

It's a touchy subject to post source code here, and I know most of you might not find this very useful, but that's already all been discussed on this forum and the verdict was to share stuff anyway. So here goes.

(And of course this is a Work In Progress)

flam tag bitfields

snippet example:
union FLAM_empty_32bit_flags {
uint32_t integer;
struct {
bool:0;
} bitfield;
};
union FLAM_empty_16bit_flags {
uint16_t integer;
struct {
bool:0;
} bitfield;
};
union FLAM_color_interpolation_32bit_flags {
uint32_t integer;
struct {
bool blend_in_hsv:1;
bool more_colors:1;
} bitfield;
};
union FLAM_color_interpolation_16bit_flags {
uint16_t integer;
struct {
bool interpolate_color_in_hsv:1;
bool more_colors:1;
} bitfield;
};
union FLAM_particle_bitmap_flags {
uint16_t integer;
struct {
bool unfiltered:1;
} bitfield;
};

Here's a snippet of the enums header (insert groan here?) file I'm working on:
enum FLAM_object_color_change_reference {
FLAM_object_color_change_reference_NONE = 0,
FLAM_object_color_change_reference_A,
FLAM_object_color_change_reference_B,
FLAM_object_color_change_reference_C,
FLAM_object_color_change_reference_D
};
enum FLAM_animation_graph_object_overlay_function_controls {
FLAM_animation_graph_object_overlay_function_controls_FRAME = 0,
FLAM_animation_graph_object_overlay_function_controls_SCALE
};
enum FLAM_animation_block_type {
FLAM_animation_block_type_BASE = 0,
FLAM_animation_block_type_OVERLAY,
FLAM_animation_block_type_REPLACEMENT
};
enum FLAM_animation_block_frame_info_type {
FLAM_animation_block_frame_info_type_NONE = 0,
FLAM_animation_block_frame_info_type_DX_DY,
FLAM_animation_block_frame_info_type_DX_DY_DYAW,
FLAM_animation_block_frame_info_type_DX_DY_DZ_DYAW
};

I know, it's basic. [It's not BASIC, it's C!] Maybe in a couple days, perhaps shortly after my birthday, I can go ahead and share the file triplet: bitmasks, enums, and tag definition structs.

I've been getting sidetracked (the horror!), though, so it's kind of slow.

Bonus: old halo_constants.h file

I forgot what the result of next bump is... anyway, back to work. Maybe I'll remember later.

[EDIT]
enums
Edited by sparky on May 19, 2019 at 06:19 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » does anyone still play halo ce with os? May 18, 2019 12:41 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
any mp modders? or just sp?

Using Eschaton, the majority of Mac users who make mods are going to be making multiplayer maps. Using the HEK, single player maps almost necessitate some kind of experience with blam scripting, meaning that most would probably be doing multiplayer maps instead. Besides, the popularity with this game is based on its multiplayer feature, and this archive has 47 records of "custom single player maps" and 1440 records of "modified multiplayer maps".

But I couldn't say specific to Open Sauce users, but there are much fewer .yelo maps than .map maps.
Edited by sparky on May 18, 2019 at 12:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 18, 2019 12:28 PM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
just had to delete all references to missing tags

To properly share a tag:

1. compile it into a map
    2. use a program like HEK+ [EDIT: Try using Refinery] to recursively extract the tag to a new folder
    3. .zip the folder
    4. upload the zip to Drop Box
    5. post the link here

To share a map:

1. compile the .map or .yelo
    2. compress it into .7z at highest compression settings
    3. upload that 7z to Drop Box
    4. post the link here
    4a. optionally submit the map to Halo CE3's map archive and the HAC map archive

Please comment on this, for example argue for using RAR, argue for using something other than Drop Box, and telling me you can't upload to CE3 or HAC (anymore?). Also, someone share a link to CE3 and HAC map upload terms and forms. Thanks.

Edited by sparky on May 19, 2019 at 04:14 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta May 18, 2019 12:02 PM (Total replies: 234)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Because I moved the BSP sections again to reshape the tunnels (had to be done anyway), I now have to replace all scenario data.

Silly HEK. Why can't you use the same .scenario tag and simply update its sbsp references section? And why doesn't it attach all instances to its bsp so you can simply move the bsp, like you would do if it were all in 3ds max and you linked all geometries to a node and moved the node?
Edited by sparky on May 18, 2019 at 12:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy Birthday (to me) May 18, 2019 08:57 AM (Total replies: 8)

Thank you.

And now, as I said I would give, and a more meaningful contribution to the general welfare of the community,

Goodie #2: An answer to "why bother?"

Some of you may be wondering why bother doing anything. In this case, I'm turning 33, so why am I still "playing video games"? Why do anything -- especially if there is no value in doing it apparent to me?

I wrote on my current discord server:

Quote: The Earth will wear out like a garment, and its inhabitants die like flies. But my Salvation will endure for all generations. My Righteousness will never end.

Quote: Heaven and Earth will all pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Quote: The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are Spirit, and they are life. But there are some among you who do not believe. This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless my Father draws them.

Quote: Man lives not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

Quote: Therefore, do not worry, saying, "What should we eat?" or "What should we drink?" or "What should we wear?" The pagans strive after all these things, and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them. But first seek The Kingdom of God and His Righteousness, and [everything else you need] will be given to you.

So why take care of anything or maintain anything? One does so because it is for those who are alive. This is why you wash clothes, wash dishes, and do all these other things. And it's already stated why you should not worry about all these things: (read the end of Matthew 6). So the decision of priority is according to the perceived value to the living. And part of growing up is learning what is important. In fact, the brain is designed to learn, and that is the purpose of learning: to know and understand and remember what is considered important. Hence, data storage and computers and literature for sharing and retaining information. So you have been concerned with such matters as you see broken URLs and lost web sites and uploaded content. But do not worry about such things, because of what is explained at the end of Matthew 6 (which I linked).

Quote: But concerning the dead rising, have you not read about the burning bush in the Book of Moses, how God told him, "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob"? He is not God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!

As for relief, suitability in, and the nature of, discussing such matters, furthermore (Matthew 11:25-30):

Quote: I praise you, Father, Lord of Heaven and Earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and educated and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, because this was your good pleasure.
All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows The Son except The Father, and no one knows The Father except The Son and those to whom The Son chooses to reveal him.
Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon yourselves and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, because my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

On a lighter note, this meme is for Masters1337, who has historically enjoyed trolling my threads:

And this one is to poke fun at my YouTube channel deletion notice thread that Dennis pinned until it was no longer necessary, then deleted. In it, I ended up responding to (I think it was Masters1337), in part by listing the ingredients in Colgate toothpaste when he tried to bully me off the internet and called me a conspiracy nut.

I require no further birthday presents than what was this.

Fruit yummy. Cake nasty. K thx bai.

Have fun :-)

If we're making this a game, a next bump of this thread gives some source code I've been working on. I discuss some of such things in my Discord.

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy Birthday (to me) May 17, 2019 05:58 PM (Total replies: 8)

Within a few days, I will be turning 33, and as a present for you all, I present this explanation of functions in tags: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=51190.

Other goodies to follow. (bump pl0x)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Functions May 16, 2019 11:40 PM (Total replies: 0)

Object-based tag groups contain four customizable functions: A, B, C, and D.

Each object-based tag group contains unique variables available to use with functions. Here are those variables listed by tag group:

unit:
driver seat power
gunner seat power
aiming change
mouth aperture
integrated light power
can blink
shield sapping

biped:
flying velocity

vehicle:
speed absolute
speed forward
speed backward
slide absolute
slide left
slide right
speed slide maximum
turn absolute
turn left
turn right
crouch
jump
walk
velocity air
velocity water
velocity ground
velocity forward
velocity left
velocity up
left tread position
right tread position
left tread velocity
right tread velocity
front left tire position
front right tire position
back left tire position
back right tire position
front left tire velocity
front right tire velocity
back left tire velocity
back right tire velocity
wingtip contrail
hover
thrust
engine hack
wingtip contrail new

object:
body vitality
shield vitality
recent body damage
recent shield damage
random constant
umbrella shield vitality
shield stun
recent umbrella shield vitality
umbrella shield stun
region #00 damage
region #01 damage
region #02 damage
region #03 damage
region #04 damage
region #05 damage
region #06 damage
region #07 damage
alive
compass

weapon:
heat
primary ammunition
secondary ammunition
primary rate of fire
secondary rate of fire
ready
primary ejection port
secondary ejection port
overheated
primary charged
secondary charged
illumination
primary firing
secondary firing
primary firing on
secondary firing on

item:

projectile:
range remaining
time remaining
tracer

device:
power
change in power
position
change in position
delay

You can use up to four of these variables at a time by assigning them the variable names A in, B in, C in, and D in. Function letters and variable letters are unassociated. Each function may use all four variables.

Use Guerilla to customize functions in the object-based tag by adding one block, for every function you want to customize, to FUNCTIONS. The function blocks are defined alphabetically, A to D. Each function uses its metadata values to calculate a result, returned by corresponding letter names A out, B out, C out, and D out; function A returns A out, function B returns B out, function C returns C out, and function D returns D out.

In sum: A, B, C, D are functions. A in, B in, C in, D in are independent function-accessible variables that can be assigned pointers to the available built-in variables of its related tag groups. A out, B out, C out, D out are the return values corresponding to functions A, B, C, D.

To use an example, here are the metadata settings related to functions in the cyborg_mp.biped tag:

cyborg_mp.biped
(object)
modifier shader shield hit.shader_transparent_plasma
intensity source B out
offset source B out
export to functions
A in recent shield damage
B in shield vitality
attachments
flashlight_cyborg.light
marker "flashlight"
primary scale A out
functions
A out (usage: integrated light power)
scale function by C in
B out (usage: shield glow source)
scale function by A in
change colors
A (light blue colors, blend in hsv)
darken by B out
scale by B in
B (white and black)
scale by C out
unit
C in integrated light power

First, let's look for the assigned "in" variables. Under the (unlabeled) object tag group section, variables are assigned under "export to functions". Two object variables are assigned: A in = "recent shield damage"; B in = "shield vitality". Further down, under the (labeled) unit tag group section, we see that only one unit variable is used: C in = "integrated light power". Further down, under the (labeled) biped tag group section, its only available variable, "flying velocity" is not used, although it could have been used by D in... if the biped were intended to fly.

Second, look at the object tag group FUNCTIONS section, and at function A. For legibility, function A is labeled under "usage" after the name of its only used variable, C in, "integrated light power". Configuration includes function = one; scale function by = C in; map to = linear. "Scale function by" is a multiplier that is set to use the "integrated light power" variable C in. So as function A runs (each tick, I'm guessing), it will multiply 1 (function = one) times the integrated light power float value 0.0 to 1.0 (scale function by = C in) linearly (map to = linear). So when we use function A's return value elsewhere as A out, such as with the "primary scale" of a light attachment, it will supply float values between 0 and 1.0 according to the unit's integrated light power. We couldn't simply use the integrated light power variable, C in, with the light attachment, because the attachments block only accepts function "out" results.

Use this approach to work with functions: Go through and note which A to D "in" variables are assigned. Read from, and add to, FUNCTIONS. Add a function whenever you want to use a variable, or some other calculations, to affect a resulting value. Then assign the function's "out" result wherever it is accessible within the context of that tag.
Edited by sparky on May 17, 2019 at 05:52 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
.Yelo mapfile

I'd like to remind and point out that the file extension differs because the file format differs. .yelo means not compatible with stock Halo Custom Edition. Use tools deliberately.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Forum Scrape May 13, 2019 02:50 PM (Total replies: 0)

Robots, mirrors, and archive.org, lend me your ears.

Thirteen months and zero score ago, I scraped this web site... wait a minute, who wrote this script?

Download this forum
Details

If there is one scenario in the map, and you're certain that the weapon tag that your character is holding is what you think it is, then it might be due to the type of terrain material onto which it is being dropped or maybe has to do with some kind of scripting bug. Check through the globals.globals tag and see if swapping in your weapon with an existing weapon in the weapon list makes the problem go away. Otherwise, show a video demonstration and/or upload the map itself to someone who can go through and check through its tags. I haven't tried that bitmask flag -- what happens with a covenant sword? What kind of detonation effect do you have? Does the detonation effect actually trigger when it touches the ground? Does the detonation effect use a damage effect tag? It's hard for me to guess what might be causing this particular issue without seeing it or having the map to experiment with for you.

If there are two different weapon tags, you will be able to carry both at the same time. And if a weapon is marked as required (cannot be dropped) then it takes up an extra slot. One example of using that flag is for always having a pair of fists as your always-carried weapon; so you can always switch to fists, like the fists from the Marathon series games. I'm not sure if Refinery is incorrect in some way. Is it the same flag checked when you open the map using Eschaton with sparky's plugins?
Edited by sparky on May 12, 2019 at 10:28 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC May 12, 2019 02:30 PM (Total replies: 75)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tachikoma
like Splitgate.

https://www.1047games.com/

Fancy idea. Not my taste.

Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz
i want my life to end

Do you not know the meaning of it?
Edited by sparky on May 13, 2019 at 12:23 PM

Time: Thu May 23, 2019 4:11 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website