A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: sparky
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 18, 2017 12:00 PM
Interests: God and Jesus Christ
Your Age: 30
What Games do you play: Far Cry 3, Halo, Halo CE, Halo MD, Dofus, SWTOR, TESO, others
You won't listen to me anyway.

Post Statistics
sparky has contributed to 1749 posts out of 461439 total posts (.38%) in 2,828 days (.62 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Syncing AI components. Feb 18, 2017 12:00 PM (Total replies: 25)

That explains your demeanor; "the eye is the lamp of the body". If I could remove one item from that list, it would be the huffingtonpost Democratic news propagan-- I mean, free liberal news web site. But to each their own. <.<

alienation intensifies

At least you listed your own web site. Some of us do not even do that little.

--

Artificial Intelligence is not what you want synchronized. Rather, you want the **results** synchronized. The Artificial Intelligence does not get synchronized over the Internet, it is the memory table that stores the data which gets synchronized. That means something needs to change in the client's game memory. Synchronizing game memory typically involves more than a single group of memory, and furthermore, the best approach of injecting a command to send the data over the network will still result in an unacceptable latency, even if you were to send the information to your own computer, as shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Ypc0tWjTY

Halo spams UDP (one-way) packets which is why when there is severe latency, you get warping. Warping is an indication that the client is relying upon the server for the information. That means the client needs to be modified to rely upon the server's information. If you can pair what it already does rely upon from the server with what you want it to rely upon from the server (but these are limited such as using projectiles like this -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzQo7NhKG04 -- which again means you have to override the limited buffer of that kind of information by pointing to a new memory region in the client memory) then you can get it to be somewhat playable. Playable does not mean perfectly synchronized, or even synchronized as much as other players are synchronized. It is much more involved to increase the maximum number of players beyond 16 than it is to synchronize data from the server's memory tables to the client's memory tables -- but both would require adjustments to the server memory and the players' game memory.
Edited by sparky on Feb 18, 2017 at 12:14 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mozzarilla v0.9.1 Feb 18, 2017 11:02 AM (Total replies: 84)

If you have ever used my work, here is the most recent version of ZRL:

https://github.com/LiquidLightning/inferno/blob/master/inferno/retribution.h

There are slight variable nomenclature changes to the tag header structure elements. The bitmask byte sizes are all verified. Chunk quantity constraints are still present and useful. Testing of presumed padding remains. inferno is the Zeus project I'm working on, and infernal is the Objective-C framework that it uses.

https://github.com/LiquidLightning/inferno
https://github.com/LiquidLightning/infernal

And come join my Discord chat server: https://discord.gg/011cIgIZY5xq4bwSr

I think we have common interests.
Edited by sparky on Feb 18, 2017 at 11:24 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » (WIP)10K Map Pack Aug 20, 2016 09:54 PM (Total replies: 145)

That's far improved and looks fun. I like how you use pathways.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Universal Interface Aug 20, 2016 09:49 PM (Total replies: 77)

Halo Mini Demo (for Mac) behaves like you are requesting: only if you download the map from the separate Mods menu will it be listed in the game, because it is in your maps folder. Halo Custom Edition by default lists only the maps in your maps folder; how do you want the behavior to be different from that default behavior? Do you want the default behavior but with the custom ui.map file?

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2016 Live Aug 20, 2016 02:37 PM (Total replies: 381)

Quote: --- Original message by: BipolarAurora
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
To get in touch with programmers who do things like this, including myself, you are welcome to join my Discord chat server: https://discord.gg/011cIgIZY5xq4bwSr.

unban me

Do you want to come back?

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2016 Live Aug 20, 2016 02:12 PM (Total replies: 381)

Quote: --- Original message by: Alkatjo

hopefully we're provided newer editing tools this year like we were promised a couple of years ago. majority of the users can't run hek and tools alike it because of newer computer systems.

crossing my fingers for applications.

To get in touch with programmers who do things like this, including myself, you are welcome to join my Discord chat server: https://discord.gg/011cIgIZY5xq4bwSr.

In case you have not yet been invited, I welcome you to join my Discord Chat Server about Halo.

You can also copy-paste this invitation link to invite your other friends who are interested in the Halo game:

https://discord.gg/011cIgIZY5xq4bwSr

This Halo chat server has over 100 members and averages between 20 and 35 active members at a time. There are players, modders, programmers, canon/lore enthusiasts, game server hosts, and modding teams. We have roles for each interest and modding team, 7 text channels, 5 voice channels, and 2 bots set up. The environment is maintained as friendly and encouraging, and the members are excellent.

--

I coined a shorthand notation for Halo gametype settings. It takes all the options and simplifies them into a single line of text. With this, you can describe or archive custom gametype settings as a line of text.

Quote:

HALO GAMETYPE SHORTHAND NOTATION
by Sparky
Friday, August 5, 2016 12:10:14 AM

T = Team
C = CTF (A = Assault CTF), S = Slayer, O = Oddball (J = Juggernaut, Rt = Reverse Tag), K = King of the Hill, R = Race (Ry = Rally)
Scorelimit
Timelimit in minutes
M = Show Objectives on Motion Sensor, H = Show Objectives on HUD, N = Do not show objectives
...for CTF... Reset = Flag Must Reset, Home = Flag Must Be At Home To Score, Turn# = Single Flag Time # in seconds
...for Slayer... Ord = Kill in Order, Bon = Death Bonus, Pen = Kill Penalty
...for Oddball... Trait With Ball and Speed With Ball are combined and separated from Trait Without Ball by a comma -- Traits are N = None, I = Invisible, E = Extra Damage, R = Damage Resistant -- Speeds are - = Slow, = = Normal, + = Fast -- R = Random Ball, # = Ball Count
...for King of the Hill... Mv = Moving Hill
...for Race... O = In order, A = Any order, (Ry already specified if using Rally mode), Low = Lowest Team Member's Score, High = Highest Team Member's Score, Tot = Total Team Member Scores
Pset = Player Settings -- followed by an equals sign -- #,#,#,# = Respawn Timers: Base, Suicide, Betrayal, Growth -- followed by a comma -- H# = Health/Shield in percentage, S = Shields, #L = Number of Lives (0 = Infinite), W = Waiting as Odd Man Out, Inv = Invisible Players, Nomo = No Motion Sensor, Temo = Teammates on Motion Sensor, Mo = All Players on Motion Sensor, Bal = Team Balancing, Toh = Teammates shown on HUD, NoFF= No Friendly Fire, FF = Friendly Fire, ShFF = Shields-Only Friendly Fire, ExFF = Explosive-Only Friendly Fire -- followed by a comma -- W = Generic Starting Weapons, G = Infinite Grenades, def = Default Weapons, pis = Pistols, rif = Rifles, pr = Plasma Rifles, snip = Snipers, ns = No Snipers, rl = Rocket Launchers, shot = Shotguns, cc = (Close Combat) Short Range, h = Human, c = Covenant, class = Classic, hw = Heavy Weapons
Vset = Vehicle Settings -- followed by an equals sign -- Res# = Vehicle Respawn Time in seconds (0 = never), (for team games, Rt = Red Team, Bt = Blue Team, followed by an equals sign), #W = Warthogs, #G = Ghosts, #S = Scorpions, #Rw = Rocket Warthogs, #B = Banshees, #T = Shade Gun Turrets -- or D = Default (to indicate no vehicles or to indicate a zero value for a vehicle, simply omit any or all listings, for example "RtBt2T" means that Red Team has no vehicles and Blue Team only has 2 Shade Gun Turrets)

Let's take an example.

A2,15,H,ResetTurn60,Pset=5,10,10,0,H100S0LInvNomoTohNoFF,Gshot,Vset=0Rt=4G4B4TBt=4W4S4Rw

Assault CTF, 2 points to win, 15 minutes, HUD Objectives, Flag has to reset, Each team's turn lasts 60 seconds, Base respawn timer is 5 seconds, Suicide and Betrayal respawn timers are 10 seconds, no respawn time growth, 100% health with shields, infinite lives, invisible players, no motion sensor, teammates show on HUD, no friendly fire, infinite grenades, shotguns only, vehicles do not respawn, red team gets 4 ghosts and 4 banshees and 4 shade gun turrets, blue team gets 4 warthogs, 4 scorpions and 4 rocket hogs.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Relay May 20, 2016 10:19 PM (Total replies: 77)

Bye. Topic closed.

Halo CE General Discussion » |~| Sparky's Variegated Thread May 20, 2016 10:16 PM (Total replies: 231)

Bye.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Wikia (CE3s Wikia) May 20, 2016 08:34 AM (Total replies: 85)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
there should also be a .... library of tags, maps and other assets

We could call it "Halomaps.org".

How many libraries do you count that are organized like Halomaps.org?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Relay May 20, 2016 07:18 AM (Total replies: 77)

"We speak of what we know, and we testify as to what we have seen, yet still you people do not accept our testimony. I have spoken to you of earthly things; if you cannot understand in worldly terms, how can you hope to understand in Heavenly terms?"

Most of the time, people don't understand something because they are not willing to think for themselves and judge for themselves what is right. They accuse those who have done this of being "brainwashed" and other slights against their intelligence. Yet in this, they again show themselves as 100% through-and-through hypocrites. Everything negative that a person might say about someone like me who does understand and has seen and knows God through Jesus Christ is actually describing themselves, because all they are willing to see is themselves; it's a form of narcissism.

Until you realize what you're looking at and what you're doing, how can you make the decision to stop doing it? It's not like you are looking at The Sun where it hurts your eyes when you do that. You are ruled and fooled by pain until you choose to learn. It is not a matter of what a person can do, but a matter of their decisions at every moment of their lives that reveals who they really are. So even if you are infatuated with navel-gazing, you benefit from listening to what God has to say to you because he made you. Quite frankly, people who understand actually understand and act and communicate exactly according to what they "know and have seen".

In sum, you cannot remain in agnostic ignorance without being immersed in hypocrisy, as is plainly apparent to everyone who accepts logic and reason. This is because all of logic, reason, wisdom, understanding, and well-being is pointing to one thing: "This is my Son who I love and with whom I am well-pleased. Listen to him!"
Edited by sparky on May 20, 2016 at 07:20 AM

Proverbs 5:21
For a man's ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all his paths.

"I do nothing without Reason."
Edited by sparky on May 20, 2016 at 07:28 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » |~| Sparky's Variegated Thread May 20, 2016 07:00 AM (Total replies: 231)

Do you guys maintain integrity, or is it something that you expect exclusively in others?

You don't mess around with people who want to hurt you. Stay away from them. Don't even go near them or let them near your country's borders. And treat everyone with respect, regardless of what you perceive them as deserving, because potential is infinite and people will grow like plants towards sunlight.

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

I just don't know how you guys can even take the time to play computer games when your country is quite possibly on the brink of a civil war. Have you stockpiled food and prepared shelters in case of catastrophe? It is incongruous to talk Halo Custom Edition with some of you guys who I imagine live in bad environments like slums in India. I'm just concerned, irrespective of whatever anyone else might say to my disrespect.

I get the impression that Europe is devolving back into the dark ages, where people feel like they can do whatever they want irrespective of their fellow man, woman, and child. Isn't gang violence just a small version of warlord regime fascism?

Basically, what I'm saying here is that there may literally be no future for some people here, Halo Custom Edition or otherwise, in terms of well-being. See to it that your houses are not built on sand, and we may enjoy playing this game together for another day.
Edited by sparky on May 19, 2016 at 11:43 PM

Really Sparky, what the hell?
Edited by lolslayer on May 20, 2016 at 02:36 AM

Are any of you in a war-torn country, where there is no electricity or consistent source of food or shelter, where the nation has devolved into medieval quality of subsistence?

No? Then you have proven my point. How can you not understand what I'm saying.

"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

But did you bother considering any of the questions I asked? Quite possibly not even that one.
Edited by sparky on May 20, 2016 at 08:26 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Wikia (CE3s Wikia) May 19, 2016 11:18 PM (Total replies: 85)

I would like to clarify my earlier points.

A wiki all by itself is insufficient. I recommend that if a wiki is used for collaborative contributions, there should also be a collaboratively-maintained library of tags, maps and other assets. This is what the INCY Online was intended to become, as part of a community repository hub. So I'd say if we could somehow link the INCY Online to be complementary with a wiki, that would be better. I made a wiki for that purpose, but it was just an experiment. This Wikia wiki could be nice to use if there is some kind of repository for tags that is applied to it. You know I had halodemomods.com as a wiki for Halo Demo PPC and Halo Trial PC, but I'm kind of winding down and I'm leaving this community in a few days, so my making a wiki for you guys to use would be short-sighted. I would be willing to use my server's INCY Online directory as a shared tags repository. I would just need to make an apply an interpreter to the current tag viewer system which would map tag dependencies so that when someone wanted to download a particular standalone tag such as a vehicle or actor variant, they would be able to have automatically included in their download all the tags needed to use that tag.

Halo CE General Discussion » |~| Sparky's Variegated Thread May 19, 2016 11:06 PM (Total replies: 231)

I just don't know how you guys can even take the time to play computer games when your country is quite possibly on the brink of a civil war. Have you stockpiled food and prepared shelters in case of catastrophe? It is incongruous to talk Halo Custom Edition with some of you guys who I imagine live in bad environments like slums in India. I'm just concerned, irrespective of whatever anyone else might say to my disrespect.

I get the impression that Europe is devolving back into the dark ages, where people feel like they can do whatever they want irrespective of their fellow man, woman, and child. Isn't gang violence just a small version of warlord regime fascism?

Basically, what I'm saying here is that there may literally be no future for some people here, Halo Custom Edition or otherwise, in terms of well-being. See to it that your houses are not built on sand, and we may enjoy playing this game together for another day.
Edited by sparky on May 19, 2016 at 11:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Relay May 19, 2016 10:59 PM (Total replies: 77)

The matter is that when you comprehend what Jesus Christ has said, it is no longer belief but realization of reality. The metaphor of "those living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the shadow of death, a light has dawned" is accurate. "I was blind, but now I see." These people are not talking about fanatical brainwashing or other kind of nonsense. They are actually talking about finally understanding. So slandering understanding makes you look how? I would say it makes you look willfully and egomaniacally ignorant. So people, be careful what you say, because in many matters you may be incorrect far beyond your comprehension!
Edited by sparky on May 19, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Relay May 19, 2016 11:07 AM (Total replies: 77)

It turns out that I needed to set the local IP on both server and client as IPAddress.Any instead of 127.0.0.1 (localhost). Seems localhost implies the private network whereas IPAddress.Any includes Internet.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Relay May 18, 2016 11:08 PM (Total replies: 77)

Well... I have another problem now.

I've gotten the general functionality of it to work, but testing on my server yields some kind of network issue:

"A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network."

Working on figuring that out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Wikia (CE3s Wikia) May 18, 2016 10:01 AM (Total replies: 85)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Is that what you told Mr. Wilson as a child, Dennis?

What are you asking?

I'm asking how you came to the opinion that people do not deserve respect until someone chooses to give it to them. I am poking fun in a query if you were perhaps affected by the television show "Dennis the Menace" when you were younger. Therein, Dennis gets constantly misunderstood by the people who are charged with helping him grow into a responsible and loving adult. I can certainly relate to this -- I have often hidden from my family members because I knew they would not understand and be kind to me. To borrow your language, it is a "patent truth" that people need and desire kindness and gentleness. Even plants grow better with a gentle green thumb.

About the CE3 Wikia wiki, are contributions like what I did on the Tags category page acceptable, and what do you think about linking individual downloadable tag packs to that category page?

Halo CE General Discussion » |~| Sparky's Variegated Thread May 18, 2016 09:32 AM (Total replies: 231)

Some of you complain how people are ripping tags without giving credit. Think about what I'm about to say. Those of you who do not acknowledge God in your heart do just the same thing: you do not give credit where it is due. How can you complain about the poor behavior of others and make no attempt to correct the same poor behavior that you exhibit? Even terrorists, though they do exactly what God says to not do and are effectively fighting against him because they do not actually know him, at least make some attempt to acknowledge "God" in their heart. They have an advantage over some of you in that way. But "the Son of Man did not come to condemn the world, but to save it through himself."

Dennis does the job he set for himself to do, but no person is perfect. So recognize that people need The Lord at all times. And Jesus Christ said, "And surely, I am with you always, even until the very end of the age."

When a person is in a crisis situation, they have a decision that God has placed before them, to test them. If they act with kindness, real justice (that is, unbiased integrity), and with an attempt to trust in God by doing what is good (e.g., saving life rather than destroying it), then they are a righteous person and will be considered as such in God's sight. But if they fail the test by doing what is wrong, then they are in need of forgiveness.

Life makes you fear when you realize that you are not in control, but I'm telling you the truth: nobody is ever in control. There is only One who is In Control. It does not pay to ignore him in your heart. Be smart, people! Be kind, and stop trying to trust yourselves, because that's a downward spiral of depravity. Reality is OK because of God. "Do not be afraid of those who can kill the body, but after that can do nothing else." If it comes to civil war, or any conflict, if your house is built on rock, you will weather it just fine. But if your house is built on sand, it will collapse and be completely wrecked. It does not pay to walk on the street with your eyes closed.
Edited by sparky on May 18, 2016 at 09:40 AM

I am writing this because some of you have indicated over the years that you do not want to understand.
Edited by sparky on May 18, 2016 at 09:51 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » |~| Sparky's Variegated Thread May 18, 2016 08:18 AM (Total replies: 231)

It might be that nations perceive Korea like a person who wants basic dignity but does not treat itself or others with basic dignity. If that's a correct assessment, then Korea is not sending the right signals. I disagree with what Dennis said about respect. You should treat everyone and yourself with respect, just as mankind should treat The Earth with respect, and absolutely without doubt treat the only true God with respect. People have nothing to prove to each other, but God is The Judge and God is Absolutely Good. If God does not see what he likes on The Earth, then The Earth will melt from his voice. But many people do not know him: "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom, nor the strong man boast of his strength, nor the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am The Lord who exercises Kindness, Justice, and Righteousness on The Earth because I delight in these things." Kindness is of course mercy and compassion, Justice means working for the betterment of everyone involved in a situation (the opposite of revenge which is harming one to attempt to help another), and Righteousness is quite simply another term for Jesus Christ who eyes are fire and who is the Source of Purity to God: "nobody knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him; come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest; accept my work and learn from me and you will find rest for your soul because I am gentle and humble in heart and my work is easy and the burden is light."

But here if we are to talk about a nation, which do you know of that has exercised Kindness, Justice and Righteousness, as would be a pleasant fragrance to the Author of Good? And so we are not hypocrites, who among us always does these things? I try, but I fail. But the Good News is that Jesus Christ is picking up my tab (to put it lightly) through my acceptance of his body and blood.

In conclusion, it is not right to talk poorly about any person or any country. But each soul is held accountable to The Lamb as a servant is to his master.

You guys saying that you do not want to talk about "religion" does not give you the credit you were hoping it would. It only resembles an ignorant politician who is controlled by insecurity and fear. Nations were not built upon insecurity and fear, that deceit is the voice of paranoia, not cautionary wisdom.

Pray for these people; such cannot harm a fly but can only yield a world of good. Nobody can prove that wrong.
Edited by sparky on May 18, 2016 at 08:25 AM

Time: Fri March 24, 2017 11:56 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website