A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: sparky
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 10:09 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
"Whoever draws the sword will die by the sword."

Post Statistics
sparky has contributed to 1945 posts out of 466539 total posts (.42%) in 3,226 days (.60 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Yesterday @ 10:09 AM (Total replies: 47)

Okay, come on, keep hurting me, uh huh...

@MegaSean. I thought you'd like to know exactly what happened with your message:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFZw7pF2EDg

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Yesterday @ 09:17 AM (Total replies: 47)

This is what the Sovereign Lord God Almighty says to all you who have rejected him:

"I will help you if you want me. Bring to me these words as a voucher along with your heart."

Do not blame others for your own unhappiness. It is not their responsibility to make you happy. God has given you everything you need. "My grace is sufficient for you, because my power is made pure in weakness."

Why are you so Hell-bent on your own destruction? It is because you do not know that God is Merciful and Good. If you had known God's words and known God's actions, you would know God, and you would love God.

"I desire Mercy, not Sacrifice; I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." So take a shower, and you'll feel better.

"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their teachings are merely rules taught by men.' You have let go of the Commands of God and are holding onto the traditions of men." God said, "Love your neighbor as if they were you," but you have been bad to each other, mean with your words, and unwelcoming of visitors. You turn away people who have done you no wrong; and they see the conflict you perpetuate and they stand clear of it, going elsewhere instead. Then you blame others and play victim even as you accuse the victims of your cruel words of irrationally feeling victimized. This place has become "a brood of vipers". And it has been this way for many years, because you refuse to be nice people and respectful of each other. This is the problem I saw, and that is why I have spoken of God -- because you obviously "don't know [your] left hand from your right hand". You ruin when you should be helping to build. And you laugh at your own destructive natures; but is it others who you are destroying? Isn't it yourself that is being destroyed? It is your reputations that are ruined beyond remedy, not mine. If only you had listened to God, who desires good for you, instead of pursuing your own self-destructive ways and verbally abusing innocent people...

...but now you have ruined this place by your actions, and those like you have ruined places like it, and three times I have had to try to start over. I couldn't stand your treachery and I had to leave behind two of those places. Now, the 10th location, I will hold my ground, and you will fall back!

-----

https://thenarcissisticlife.com/the-narcissist-blames-you/

Narcissists are notorious for placing blame on other people and not on themselves. Even when they clearly and definitely did something wrong, they cannot- and will not- accept responsibility. They almost always deflect the blame elsewhere. Narcissists either ignore their contribution to the situation or insist that the other person (spouse, child, co-worker or etc.) made them do it. Narcissists know right from wrong, they just cannot allow something bad to be their fault. It is another manifestation of their supreme self-centeredness as well as a protection for their fragile ego. It is also a primitive method of avoiding external repercussions.

The narcissist will blame you for everything that isn’t right in their life, and blame you for what other people do, and blame you for whatever has happened. They will always blame you-even for their abuse toward you. You “made” him do it. If only you weren’t so difficult…you made her so upset she couldn’t think straight…your talking pushed him over the edge…and so on. The child of a narcissist gets cautioned against “making” his parent abuse him. The narcissistic parent will say,”Don’t make me hit you” or “You have only yourself to blame” as they hit the child with a strap or belt.

The narcissist is excessively critical and demanding of his spouse. If you are the spouse, then you know how he requires total perfection from you. However, even when you meet his demands perfectly, you still don’t measure up. The narcissist frequently explodes at his mate (“narcissistic rage”) for what appears to be no reason at all. The narcissist’s rage erupts frequently and violently like a volcano, and those closest to him are the ones that catch his wrath. The narcissist blames the spouse or a ‘scapegoat child’ for absolutely everything that goes wrong (especially if it is his fault).

Narcissists blame…it is what they do…and the reason every narcissistic mother has a scapegoat child is because you must have someone to put the blame onto. ~“Violet”, Narcissist’s Child, 2012

Why do they have such a strong need to blame others?
Narcissists have a tendency to internalize failure; the narcissist’s emotional response to failure is to feel shame rather than to feel guilt like other people. In order to avoid shame, which the narcissist avoids at any cost, he externalizes blame for all negative events. As he thinks that someone must be guilty, he almost always attributes the blame to others. On rare occasions, such as when his self-esteem is especially high (perhaps through some positive feedback he has engineered), he will accept blame but only then if it can be seen as a magnanimous gesture.

A narcissist may do something egregiously abusive to you, yet when confronted will scream at you that she can’t believe you were so selfish as to upset her over such a trivial thing. She’ll also blame you for your reaction to her selfish and exploitative behavior e.g., she can’t believe you are so petty and so childish as to balk at her giving your favorite dress away to her friend. She thought you would be happy to let her do something nice for someone else.

Narcissists go into rages in which they blame and criticize others. They seem like small children throwing huge tantrums, frightening those around them. The anger of narcissists is not only frightening, it is demeaning. Their criticism evolves from their steadfast conviction that others don’t meet their high standards–or worse, that others aren’t letting them get their own way. “Narcissistic injuries,” or wounds to the ego, are often the impetus for narcissistic rages- which can be manifested as aggressive or passive-aggressive, planned out or impulsive. They feel they are superior to you and that you have displeased them; therefore, they feel you deserve whatever punishment they will dole out.

When you live like this every day-where everything bad is your fault- you learn to live in a state of heightened anxiety (“free floating anxiety) where you are always waiting and expecting the other shoe to drop. You never know when you are going to be blamed for something you had no part in. If you are married to a narcissist and finally decide to leave the toxic situation, the narcissist will blame you for the failed marriage and bad parenting (they have no qualms about blatant lying) in order to “win” in court. Despite the battle that will ensue, the healthiest thing you can do is to avoid or significantly limit the exposure you have to the narcissist.

References:
http://narcissistschild.blogspot.com/2012/08she-blames-characteristics-of.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c86fRZno0JQ

http://www.winning-teams.com/recognizenarcissist.html

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stop-walking-eggshells/201111/blame-storms-and-rage-attacks-common-borderlines-narcissists
Edited by sparky on Apr 25, 2018 at 09:53 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 24, 2018 10:41 AM (Total replies: 47)

This is what the Sovereign Lord God Almighty says to all you who have rejected him:

"I will help you if you want me. Bring to me these words as a voucher along with your heart."

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 15, 2018 11:44 AM (Total replies: 47)

Hurt me again.

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 10, 2018 11:51 AM (Total replies: 47)

If we can agree that it is bad to be mean to someone, then you should also be able to understand how it is also bad for someone to be accusing me of being a bad person because of the fact that I believe in God and Jesus Christ. Belief does not make one bad; a bad belief reflects that one does not value what is good. But by believing that it is bad to be mean also aligns your value system with what God and Jesus Christ teaches. So I see that what you truly believe about the difference between right and wrong is congruous with what is. And God and Jesus Christ defines what is. "Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

So do not pick fights with me, because the Living Truth is always with me, and He is Almighty and Most Revered; we are little to him and must fear and honor him because of who he is -- "there is only one who is good; if you want to enter life, obey the Commandments."

Trusting in God and Jesus Christ is the fast track of Justice: "...for my guidance is easy and my burden is light."
Edited by sparky on Apr 10, 2018 at 12:08 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] contingency Apr 8, 2018 11:03 PM (Total replies: 3)

Thanks for the idea.

The Halo Maps Forum web site archive is ready to use. It's not perfect, but it does contain all the forums and topics and user profile pages, and does not have page loading errors or use JavaScript, and it uses HTTPS... and the HTML is legible! It is read-only, however, and will need to be updated on a regular basis.

But I have some scripted approaches, so all I have to do is run the apps and scripts and upload to the server. It only takes a few hours, really, from start to done.

I included only images. Many image links were broken, and the forum had a few instances of incorrect URL BBCode parsing.

To search the web site archive, you'll have to rely upon prefixing your search engine queries with "site:" for now.

This is useful for quickly browsing static pages.

In the future, I might just parse all the information and add it to a database... but even with all the very redundant HTML markup, the forum.halomaps.org directory is only about 700 MB. So only the content would probably be maybe half of that.

With the external images, over 80,000 files are involved.
Edited by sparky on Apr 8, 2018 at 11:05 PM

AND IT LOADS MUCH FASTER
Quote: Time: Sun April 8, 2018 11:11 PM 15,078 ms.

15 seconds to load a page is too much.
Edited by sparky on Apr 8, 2018 at 11:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 8, 2018 10:17 AM (Total replies: 47)

@SomeFan
This link should work. If it does not, then you might be in too many servers already. Someone else had that issue.

https://discord.gg/mcEzrrv

I ban without warning anyone who is disrespectful or unkind.

----

As for this random provocation...

@MEGASEAN
You are not worthy of my time or consideration.

But this is not about me, it is about God, who you obviously hate for no reason, as if God owes you money. What's the matter with you?

Quote: Y'all criticize me for being "religious". What a joke! Here's the real deal:
Matthew 20.
For a mere determination to listen to God and do what he commands, you too can have eternal life. Even a full lifetime of obeying God is no comparison to the generous offer of the payment he grants it. For what, maybe 10 years, maybe 100 years, of time on Earth knowing God and obeying Jesus Christ -- and he will be with you the entire time, helping you, walking with you through times of trouble so you learn to trust him -- after that brief lifetime, you get to live forever, an infinite duration, all because you acknowledged that God's way is right. It's honestly a no-brainer. "Why should any living person complain when punished for their sins?" "There is only one who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the Commandments." "If anyone loves me, they will obey my commands. If anyone does not love me, they will not obey my commands. These words are not my own; they belong to the Father. This is my command: love each other as I have loved you. By this, all men will know that you are my disciples: that you love each other." "Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be pulled up by the roots and thrown into the fire." "If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, you will bear much fruit, and this is for your Father's glory, that you would bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." "If the world hates you, keep in mind that they hated me first. Whoever hates me hates my Father also." "They will do such things, because they have not known the Father or me." "But this is to fulfill what is written in their law: 'they hated me without reason'."

I leave for months or years, I come back and post some topics and get no replies (e.g. ignored), and when I post relevant information in this thread, I get some random forum member picking a fight with me out of the blue.

Are you on drugs, MEGASEAN?

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 7, 2018 09:41 AM (Total replies: 47)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
A HaloMaps discord would just end up with people getting banned left and right for their behavior, then those people will make their own discord servers and things will still be as segregated as they now are.

Then behave.

I started a few Discord servers, but had to leave them because...

Is it too much to require kindness and respect?

Quote: --- Original message by: SomeFan
Sparky's Halo https://discord.gg/kZSJs8b *(Quality Catch all)*

It was, but it's not mine anymore. The Discord servers that I left got trashed by the people I left behind. So no it's not my server anymore. Use the link in the screenshot to join my server.
Edited by sparky on Apr 7, 2018 at 09:43 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] contingency Apr 7, 2018 09:20 AM (Total replies: 3)

someone here requested that I do this

the floor is open for comments

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bluestreak Trouble Apr 2, 2018 07:41 PM (Total replies: 3)

Link all the geometry that is being exported to a dummy "frame" node. Just make a 1x1x1 sphere and name it "frame" and link your exportable geometry to it. As shown here: https://youtu.be/6AfNXMPSQlw?t=44s

--- EDIT ---

If you want faster help with these kinds of topics, join the Halo Academy chat. There are only friendly people there.
Edited by sparky on Apr 2, 2018 at 07:44 PM
Edited by sparky on Apr 2, 2018 at 07:48 PM

Inferno, Halo map editor for Mac and PC
This is a test build for those interested in beta testing. Enjoy!

Download for Mac OS X 10.4+
Download for Windows (uses .NET Framework 4 Client Profile)

Let me know if you find any bugs.
Edited by sparky on Apr 2, 2018 at 02:00 PM

Nice one.

Quote: --- Original message by: Ackrylic
Started yesterday.

Welcome.

I don't remember exactly. My first surviving Halo-related post on my old account at MGM was in 2006, but I don't know exactly when I started modding, specifically. I thought it was much earlier than my 20's. I think in general, it's been about 15 years since I was modding games, and that included Halo soon after it was available for Mac. I was definitely not part of the Halo CE community until after this web site was popular. Hosting mods for Halo Demo PPC Mac was fun, especially since I was pretty much the only one doing it -- there were only a handful of servers at the time. When I got a new computer, I used it to host an abundance of Halo Demo PPC Mac servers simultaneously, locally, and I also made over 50 map mods (I lost count), only some of which were converted for HaloMD. Then I started using the HEK and converting my custom maps to Halo Demo.

It's all vague now and "ancient history".
Edited by sparky on Mar 27, 2018 at 12:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Ten Speed: Rio firefight Mar 25, 2018 06:43 PM (Total replies: 12)

What I did was take the sound tag, open it in Guerilla to preview it (and you could use another audio application to record the playback from Guerilla), compiled it into a map (Resources slot in .scenario tag), opened the map in Eschaton, and extracted the OGG Vorbis audio using Eschaton's permutation exporting feature.

Of course, one could simply open the file in a hex editor, find the OGG Vorbis header and copy/paste from there into a new file and open the new file with a sound editor.

The music is not actually "protected", but merely the reference to the tag's pathname string -- the directory path of the tag -- is altered... and much to the chagrin of the person who did that, because now we don't know how to attribute credit, or who recorded the music.
Edited by sparky on Mar 25, 2018 at 06:45 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Servers? Mar 25, 2018 06:34 PM (Total replies: 8)

Those game server hosting companies are vastly overpriced. Why pay $16 per month with them for mere FTP access when you can pay $2.50 per month on your own VPS with full root OS access and customization?

Halo CE General Discussion » BSP Portalling Mar 25, 2018 06:32 PM (Total replies: 31)

Back when I used a laptop and its fan would spin quickly and it would become hot, I discovered that my mods that use dense fog made it easier for the processing, the rendering, for the GPU.

Halo CE General Discussion » Ten Speed: Rio firefight Mar 21, 2018 11:01 AM (Total replies: 12)

See what happens with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xv3sz9R-w0
--- EDIT ---

There have not been any copyrighted content flags on the video yet.

To show you how accurate it could be, consider this:
Many years ago, I stumbled upon a web site for an aerospace company called Goodrich. They had a flash video on their web site advertising their company, and it had some cool music, so I recorded the music off the video playback. I've had that audio recording since, and happened to be listening to it while I recorded a video that I uploaded to YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/video_copynotice?v=C4Vw5j1ufIY

Probably using the CD Database system, YouTube identified the audio, which I just now discovered was from Killer Tracks, a recording licensing company whose audio tracks have been used in all sorts of games and television shows and movies. And I contacted Killer Tracks once to ask if it was alright to use some of their music in Halo maps, which they said was fine for me to do.

So listen to the audio quality in that link, then listen to the quality from the Killer Tracks web site: https://www.killertracks.com/#!/results.aspx?pageNo=1&resultsPerPage=20&viewTags=1&mode=work&sortFilter=Default|Desc&keyword=82579&keywordType=1

Even if the audio quality were very poor, the sound would still be identifiable if it were accessible through the CDDB service. I suspect that perhaps the music was never analyzed by the CDDB service, which means it probably was not published through a company like iTunes where you would be able to buy and download a copy of it.
Edited by sparky on Mar 21, 2018 at 11:30 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Servers? Mar 21, 2018 10:25 AM (Total replies: 8)

You can roll your own server for $2.50 per month using Vultr.com, or use some local Australian hosting company or your own computer running haloceded.exe. Halo uses a minimum of resources and can run on Linux or Mac OS X using WINE.

I'm planning to set up more dedicated servers, one of which would be in Singapore, which should yield about 150ms ping, depending. But professional gaming services would probably use an Australian hosting provider. If you do find a decent hosting provider in Australia, please recommend them to me, because I have looked and so far not found.
Edited by sparky on Mar 21, 2018 at 10:28 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Melee attacks Mar 20, 2018 05:48 PM (Total replies: 1)

There's CAD Animation Exporter, compact version, and take a look at some video tutorials on YouTube. I'd go into more detail, but I'm sure someone else will just upstage me by giving a comprehensive tutorial within the day...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Reinstalling HEK Mar 20, 2018 05:46 PM (Total replies: 3)

It's because people figure they are too simple to ever mention.

Time: Thu April 26, 2018 12:07 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website