A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Ki11erFTW
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 14, 2018 08:11 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play:
You've seen nothing yet.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Ki11erFTW has contributed to 665 posts out of 468038 total posts (.14%) in 3,424 days (.19 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Bump mapping similar to xbox? Xbox sounds? Jun 14, 2018 08:11 PM (Total replies: 3)

Bump mapping, the way it is displayed on OG Xbox is broken in the PC version. Bumped - Cube map is the only way youíll get a bump map to show without Open Sauce.

Iím not sure what youíre talking about with Xbox sounds because Iím pretty sure theyíre the same on both systems.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jun 14, 2018 at 08:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Campaign Request For Halo ce Jun 10, 2018 11:41 AM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117

I've collected and neatly packed up just about every Halo 2 weapon and a handful of bug free scenery, vehicle and biped tags.

Only things we have left to do is rip the bsps and create scenarios to closely replicate Halo 2. If this community was as big as the GTA V or the Fallout community I'm sure some highly skilled and dedicated people would have done this years ago.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jun 9, 2018 at 07:57 PM

Back before Halo 2 PC I could see why people would want to do this. Now I donít think thereís any point. Halo 2 on PC will always be the better experience.

Halo CE General Discussion » JMS exporters May 23, 2018 11:49 AM (Total replies: 7)

I figured out that the issue was somehow related to triangle count and or portals. I threw an Optimize on my mesh just to see if it would make a difference in game and it fixed the issue. Quite odd honestly as Iím pretty sure I have other BSPs that have more triangles than this and never gave me issues.

Halo CE General Discussion » JMS exporters May 22, 2018 05:17 PM (Total replies: 7)

Thanks altis, I'll give that a shot when I get home later.

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Win10 is compatible with 3ds Max 8 I don't understand why it shouldn't​ work.

I had 3ds Max 8, while it does "function", the view ports leave artifacts on the screen and eventually stop working.

If you know a way around this I'd be happy to know, because I prefer Max 8 when it comes to Halo.

Halo CE General Discussion » JMS exporters May 22, 2018 06:24 AM (Total replies: 7)

Worth a shot posting here,

I've been doing a lot of BSP work for Halo: Composition and sorta hit a wall.

The BSPs are pretty detailed.. and this interior section I'm currently working on has close to 40,000 faces. Nothing some portals can't handle right?

However, upon getting the BSP in sapien/ in-game the screen is littered with faces stretching all over the place from the BSP. The BSP goes through tool and everything just fine.

I suspect this has something to do with Bluestreaks weirdness with handling BSPs, however I only have access to 3ds max 2014, and 2016, and older version are incompatible with windows 10. So I really have no choice.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there another exporter that works better? I've encountered this error years ago when I tried to port High Ground just to test out adjustants new features at the time. High Ground also has a pretty high poly count and it seems like Bluestreak breaks in terms of preserving correct vertex positions after a certain count. Although collision seems to be fine.

Thanks guys.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 9, 2018 09:35 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: supersonic124
I don't think that it means that much, but I still dream of the day that they add verified custom maps to MCC like the lumoria campaign and great MP maps. Definitely unrealistic but you can Always wish

You can already play custom campaigns with a controller in high resolutions and proper 60fps now on pc for a MCC-ish experience

I really just want multiplayer custom maps in MCC to play them with the improved netcode.

MCC supports split-screen
split-screen lumoria = love

So yeah, that's sadly enough not something I can find on PC so if it comes to MCC (and with some scripting changes maybe to support 2 player gameplay), I can finally play it together with others

Weíve had a few breakthroughs in recent months and there are a few people working on Split Screen for Halo Custom Edition. Not much to show yet but the guys working on it seem pretty confident.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Feb 24, 2018 05:34 PM (Total replies: 70)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Just want to say that while I'll be working with Masterz in a sort of 'approval' position for the project, that both L0d3x and I have considered Lumoria essentially public domain at this point, and most decisions that CMT aims to make are really ultimately up to them. The project was always unprotected for that exact reason, because we wanted people to learn, use tags, and modify the project in ways they saw fit.

The feedback in this thread is a great start; I definitely agree with the concerns that some of you have in regards to that using a CMT tagset, the project will need major revisions gameplay wise, and thats probably correct. The original Lumoria in my personal opinion was great gameplay wise, but with different weapons and tags comes different circumstances. However I have mentioned to Masterz that certain encounters - for example, the tank run - we'd like to leave as-is for the most part, as these are both some of the strongest encounters and most heavily worked on areas of the campaign.

I'll be searching around to see if I can find original 3ds Max files for BSP's on my old HDD's, but Masterz has mentioned that his team will be making revisions to them graphically at the very least, which I think is a great start. I'm looking forward personally to seeing improved lightmaps to the BSP's, for example. However, I think saying they are currently 'crap' compared to vanilla H1 is pretty unfair - in fact a lot of the models are straight from Halo 1 (even some segments of cliffs for example), which was what the original intention was of vanilla Lumoria - to create an expansion of Halo 1 that fit well with the original game. Older members such as Il Duce Primo and Massacre helped pave the way for this sort of style both in Lumoria and their own projects, and I personally think it ended up working very well for what we wanted to achieve.

I would say any concerns or feedback you are looking for in a CMT version of Lumoria should be voiced here. This is a great thread where their team can start to collect feedback on important (and perhaps not so obvious changes) to the project that could be made to improve the experience.

Donít get me wrong some areas were good, namely the BSPs taken from halo 1 and the terrain. By crap I meant the multiple large structures that are nearly flat planes and boxes. Those are hard to look at, and unfortunately they are very large and very noticeable. Fortunately I donít think it would be too tough to update those areas with updated geometry.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Feb 22, 2018 07:48 PM (Total replies: 70)

It has potential but the number of fixes required is pretty high.

- Voice acting needs to be gutted
- Cutscenes need to be completely redone
- BSP quality is crap especially compared to the models and shaders in SPV3
- BSPs are lower quality then that of the vanilla game aside from a few structures
- Lighting needs to be re ran completely especially in later BSPs
- Drop ships are glitchy and messy and could use real recorded animations
- The giant sentinel needs to be completely redone
- Many encounters have to be rebalanced

I think by far the strongest point of lumoria is the first act. After that, the quality really started to drop IMO. Itís 3 levelís of the same environments, ripped BSPs that weíve seen 100 times and overly chaotic encounters. I canít help but think that the project is better off as it was intended and that it would feel like an awkward cheap attempt to implement SPV3 stuff without major, major work.

All that being said, I did enjoy lumoria and will probably replay it again, but I donít see any point of trying to re release it as I feel itís already in its best state.

A vanilla reboot with a bunch of fixes for what I mentioned above would be better I think.

The SPV3 sandbox would shine in a custom environment full of new areas and a new story. Lumoria is good as it was, TSC was good as it was and while SPV3 is great, it doesnít touch the original campaign. All of these recreations live in the shadows of their original products.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Feb 22, 2018 at 07:54 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 26, 2018 09:59 PM (Total replies: 201)

I also agree that the E3 level should be added in maybe even combined with the New Mombasa map that was created by the H2CE team. To add to all of this I believe there is a recreation of the entire city of New Mombasa with their respective pieces of map geometry fitted to where they belong in the actual city.

If this interests you I can try to find it. I believe it was a rough sketch up model. (Just for you to use as reference).
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jan 26, 2018 at 09:59 PM

E: found some pics, maybe this will help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/56ox0q/pic_dump_of_a_3d_model_of_new_mombasa_pics/?st=JCWS1CCA&sh=d318130f
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jan 26, 2018 at 10:16 PM
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jan 26, 2018 at 10:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 18, 2018 07:26 PM (Total replies: 201)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
TBH if you have to redo all the AI, you should try and get all the BSPs much much closer together. The long tracks of road make parts of it feel disjointed, rather than seamless. It currently feels like something of a museum of a city, with different exhibits than it does an actual city. Everything is cool though, it's nice to see a level this big with some many diverse human environments.

I agree with this statement

Halo CE General Discussion » Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. Dec 15, 2017 09:42 PM (Total replies: 444)

Since 2014, as I may have mentioned in the other thread, Iíve made it a point to go back to the original art style and try to build off of that. Using Halo 2 and Reach as the ground work, I feel people will not be disappointed in the art. Combine that with grand open-ended environments inspired by Halo 1 and I feel we have a near perfect formula.

When you do see more footage, youíll hopefully understand the delays. The only thing that is still being used from the original CE3 demo is geometry from the level itís self, everything else was completely redone and cleaned up because it was a mess behind the scenes.

Halo CE General Discussion » Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. Dec 14, 2017 04:15 AM (Total replies: 444)

I've tried to type a post out at least 3 times and every time I click post the site crashes.

Yes its been a long time, yes progress is on and off. I do not know when the release will be nor how long it will take to finish things. As I've said, it's me and me alone working on the project right now. All that really remains is BSP work.

My specialty in BSP modeling is exterior environments. I can model structures but the process is a lot slower and I donít enjoy it nearly as much as modeling natural stuff.
In the meantime, you can have a picture of a grunt.

This is from a new section no one has ever seen yet. As you can see things are getting there, but there is still a lot of work to do. (parts not textured, lightmaps crap, etc.)

Hope I can share more soon.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Dec 14, 2017 at 04:20 AM
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Dec 14, 2017 at 04:56 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. Dec 12, 2017 07:02 AM (Total replies: 444)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Now that SPV3 is finished...
Are we going to see more of this stuff?

Eventually, canít say exactly when. I work on stuff every night itís really just a matter of me finishing the BSPs. When I have inspiration/ideas I model them. When I donít I stop because I donít want any of the levels to feel boring and uninspired. The first level is getting really close in terms of the modeling part. Iíve also finished a lot of geometry for the second level. So we will see.

Worst case scenario Iíll release the first level on its own and go from there. The only problem with that is that all the maps together are a unified experience. So releasing the first map on its own will leave out a lot of the sandbox elements. For example, there are certain enemies/weapons/vehicles that are entirely absent from the first mission for pacing.

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Mouth movements Oct 29, 2017 02:09 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
A simple program can generate mouth data for your tag. It's merely the amplitude of 30 samples per second of the sound, where 0x00 is silence and 0xFF is full loudness.

A program for generating mouth data at 44hz would be nice.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Oct 8, 2017 02:46 PM (Total replies: 402)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I'll happily revive my Halo CE installation for this when the day comes. Best of luck with the project and of course, more importantly, life!

Thank you! It will come one day! Hopefully sooner then later.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Oct 2, 2017 03:37 PM (Total replies: 402)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
Quote: --- Original message by: pablolinkone

Progress is being made, a month ago the project had a streaming in youtube, nobody have talk about it
Edited by pablolinkone on Sep 19, 2017 at 12:58 PM

That was supposed to be an unlisted stream to fill in a new team member :).

Oh lmao

Do you expect any public announcement anywhere soon? I'm still interested in this project :v

Yes. The first level is coming together well and I hope to have something to show within the next couple months. I'm going through a bad breakup and going through a career switch so progress has once again slowed down. But a lot has been done over the summer. Parts of levels are playable and fun. Just gotta finish some BSP work then the rest comes down to polish and cinematic/animation stuff.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Oct 1, 2017 02:25 PM (Total replies: 402)

Quote: --- Original message by: pablolinkone

Progress is being made, a month ago the project had a streaming in youtube, nobody have talk about it
Edited by pablolinkone on Sep 19, 2017 at 12:58 PM

That was supposed to be an unlisted stream to fill in a new team member :).

Halo CE General Discussion » Question about sound_looping tags Aug 3, 2017 06:28 PM (Total replies: 3)

Sound looping will play a sound starting with the In and it'll loop over and over once it gets to the looping sound. There's a script to run the alternative loop. So say a battle gets more epic in the game, like the structure hold out in flawless cowboy, they run sound_looping_set_alt to run an alternative loop. The alt loop will take place of the old loop until told otherwise by script.

You can use sound_looping_stop, this will make the loop play the 'out' sound or fade out if the flag is ticked then the music will be stopped.

The detail sounds are for like background environmental sound, you can throw in some little sounds like birds chirping and they will play at random intervals depending on the time value you set.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Aug 3, 2017 at 06:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Moses's Refined Campaign Jul 18, 2017 07:20 PM (Total replies: 40)

Quote: --- Original message by: Imouto

Most of this stuff just cannot be fixed, I tried everything i could think of--even doing shaders by hand.

http://i.imgur.com/FncgXHJ.gif

I ended up giving up a long time ago with the same stuff, just not worth the effort and too many walls hit. I still have my original xbox halo, and sat there going through everything side by side trying to "fix" everything and its just not possible unless you modify the ported engine, and i just dont have the knowledge to do so. I love this game but also hate it.

few things i noted when doing my own work...

-hud rendering works differently from the xbox, on the pc when shield takes damage it drains the bar instantly, xbox the end of the shield meter would glow white when hit (possibly either the ui tag got changed or it has something to do with the breaking of some xbox bitmap formats)

-sniper ticks wont render blue properly and instead flash every color in the rainbow when aiming

There was so much i wanted to do with CE but the engine is limited and the port is just bad.
Edited by Imouto on Jul 6, 2017 at 12:26 PM

I private messaged Austin (the dude who was working on a fixed campaign) about your fixed shaders some time ago and still haven't gotten a response. I'd still love to see them in the campaign. I know you made this, drop ship tendrils and jackal shields iirc. I think the only one remaining is a fix for the a50 shuttlebay doors.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jul 18, 2017 at 07:20 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
I use junglegym for level geometry. It doesn't support stacks but exports at a fraction of the speed of Bluestreak and is built into 3DS max's export window like Blitzkrieg.

I've seen that name a few times but could never find a download for it. I'd like to give it a shot.

Time: Sat November 17, 2018 6:56 AM 312 ms.
A Halo Maps Website