A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Ki11erFTW
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 8, 2017 02:46 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play:
You've seen nothing yet.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Ki11erFTW has contributed to 651 posts out of 464320 total posts (.14%) in 3,032 days (.21 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Oct 8, 2017 02:46 PM (Total replies: 402)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I'll happily revive my Halo CE installation for this when the day comes. Best of luck with the project and of course, more importantly, life!

Thank you! It will come one day! Hopefully sooner then later.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Oct 2, 2017 03:37 PM (Total replies: 402)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
Quote: --- Original message by: pablolinkone

Progress is being made, a month ago the project had a streaming in youtube, nobody have talk about it
Edited by pablolinkone on Sep 19, 2017 at 12:58 PM

That was supposed to be an unlisted stream to fill in a new team member :).

Oh lmao

Do you expect any public announcement anywhere soon? I'm still interested in this project :v

Yes. The first level is coming together well and I hope to have something to show within the next couple months. I'm going through a bad breakup and going through a career switch so progress has once again slowed down. But a lot has been done over the summer. Parts of levels are playable and fun. Just gotta finish some BSP work then the rest comes down to polish and cinematic/animation stuff.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Oct 1, 2017 02:25 PM (Total replies: 402)

Quote: --- Original message by: pablolinkone

Progress is being made, a month ago the project had a streaming in youtube, nobody have talk about it
Edited by pablolinkone on Sep 19, 2017 at 12:58 PM

That was supposed to be an unlisted stream to fill in a new team member :).

Halo CE General Discussion » Question about sound_looping tags Aug 3, 2017 06:28 PM (Total replies: 3)

Sound looping will play a sound starting with the In and it'll loop over and over once it gets to the looping sound. There's a script to run the alternative loop. So say a battle gets more epic in the game, like the structure hold out in flawless cowboy, they run sound_looping_set_alt to run an alternative loop. The alt loop will take place of the old loop until told otherwise by script.

You can use sound_looping_stop, this will make the loop play the 'out' sound or fade out if the flag is ticked then the music will be stopped.

The detail sounds are for like background environmental sound, you can throw in some little sounds like birds chirping and they will play at random intervals depending on the time value you set.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Aug 3, 2017 at 06:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Moses's Refined Campaign Jul 18, 2017 07:20 PM (Total replies: 40)

Quote: --- Original message by: Imouto

Most of this stuff just cannot be fixed, I tried everything i could think of--even doing shaders by hand.

http://i.imgur.com/FncgXHJ.gif

I ended up giving up a long time ago with the same stuff, just not worth the effort and too many walls hit. I still have my original xbox halo, and sat there going through everything side by side trying to "fix" everything and its just not possible unless you modify the ported engine, and i just dont have the knowledge to do so. I love this game but also hate it.

few things i noted when doing my own work...

-hud rendering works differently from the xbox, on the pc when shield takes damage it drains the bar instantly, xbox the end of the shield meter would glow white when hit (possibly either the ui tag got changed or it has something to do with the breaking of some xbox bitmap formats)

-sniper ticks wont render blue properly and instead flash every color in the rainbow when aiming

There was so much i wanted to do with CE but the engine is limited and the port is just bad.
Edited by Imouto on Jul 6, 2017 at 12:26 PM

I private messaged Austin (the dude who was working on a fixed campaign) about your fixed shaders some time ago and still haven't gotten a response. I'd still love to see them in the campaign. I know you made this, drop ship tendrils and jackal shields iirc. I think the only one remaining is a fix for the a50 shuttlebay doors.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jul 18, 2017 at 07:20 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
I use junglegym for level geometry. It doesn't support stacks but exports at a fraction of the speed of Bluestreak and is built into 3DS max's export window like Blitzkrieg.

I've seen that name a few times but could never find a download for it. I'd like to give it a shot.

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jun 7, 2017 01:58 AM (Total replies: 78)

A10 extracted from Refinery:

https://www.mediafire.com/?mcim55dl1l228e8
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jun 7, 2017 at 01:58 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
Hey friends, it's been quit some time.

I'm simply curious on how people export their maps and content from 3ds Max to HCE in today's wacky world.

Does 3ds Max 2014-17 even allow the use of Bluestreak?

Has anyone improved on Bluestreak?

Do people still use older 3ds Max versions to properly utilize Blitzkrieg?

What is the main tool used now for exporting content, given YELO/OpenSauce allow more detailed content?

Thanks for any information!

Special Note to Dennis: I tried using Search and did not find anything too relevant. I hope this request thread is allowed! Sorry if I'm breaking a rule here.

I prefer to stay with Max 8 for Halo stuff.. but after swtiching PC's so many times I lost my key.

I am now using Max 2014 and everything seems to be working fine. I'm using Bluestreak, however there seems to be some problems with the way BSPs turn out here and there. Models work fine.

If there is a better exporter I would like to know as well.
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Jun 7, 2017 at 01:28 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jun 7, 2017 01:15 AM (Total replies: 78)

Relevant post below

Halo CE General Discussion » [SOUND] Enable Hardware Acceleration and EAX May 5, 2017 07:14 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: Leo74800

www.mediafire.com/file/ppjj3asjdi1i72f/Creative+ALchemy+-+EAX+Enabler.rar

Put dsound.dll and dsound.ini in your HCE folder. Now you can activate Hardware Acceleration and EAX !
Edited by Leo74800 on May 4, 2017 at 11:16 AM

I had to buy a sound card to make the hardware acceleration work 100% correctly. This may enable it, but does it actually work?

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 25, 2017 11:34 PM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
120fps when?

Possible, however the higher you want to go the more space animations are going to eat up. The math also becomes a lot more complicated and the gravity modifications made for game_speed 2 are already barely stable.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 25, 2017 03:36 AM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Actually no, mozz wont change tags that you open into 60 fps tags, it'll simply change any input you type in so it is scaled when saved to the tag, as well as descaling it when displaying it. If you have a tag set that is 30 fps, you'll still need to go in and change the correct fields for each tag by hand. This is mainly meant for those who wish to create 60fps tags from scratch, but cant be bothered to know exactly which fields to change. Maybe I can eventually write a convertor to change a set of tags into a 60 fps version, but idk.

Yeah I know. But it's still a good in my case and I'm sure many others. Being able to edit the 60FPS tags as if they are still 30 is a big help. It's worth creating the new tags especially for those who are going to be tweaking their tags while working on a big project.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 24, 2017 09:58 PM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Nah, I didn't get inspiration for the programs design from here. It was simple in concept so I already knew how to go about writing it from the start. I'm in the process of making an update to mozz that allows you to set a flag in the config to have game_speed related tag fields display with a 60fps scale. I've already implemented the framework for it and applied it to a bunch of fields already, so I know it'll work. The only challenge now is for michelle, masterz, and possibly killa to get me a list of every field measured in time that must and must NOT be scaled and by how much. It'll prolly take me a day to implement all the changes once they have a comprehensive list for me.

Here's the location of the flag:
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o630/MosesofEgypt/test_zpsamskewlg.png~original

And here's a 30 fps assault rifle opened in guerilla alongside it opened in mozz(with 60 fps checked). As you can see, it's doubling the times for most of the fields now that the flag is set. I haven't set it to apply the scale to all the correct fields though, just ones that inherit from a couple base fields that I modified. That will come in time.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o630/MosesofEgypt/9e14b2c9-0475-4176-9fae-533c2d7fee4e_zpshinflvn7.png~original

Awesome work Moses. Glad our conversation last night led to this. Before, the idea of 60FPS was very questionable in terms of functionality and implementation. Moses has made the process trivial. With a few simple clicks anyone can have their tag set running at 60frames. Animations and all.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 18, 2017 07:20 PM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
yep if your going to use michelles method it would be best used for a completely fresh tagset as redoing the old one would be a very time consuming and annoying process.

import an animation, convert to 60, re-export. depending on the software, "convert to 60" could be tedious

I haven't touched much modern 3D animation software, but I'd imagine nowadays there would be an option to increase the framerate while retaining the timing of the keys. i don't recall max having that though, and i dont think bluestreak is compatible with modern stuff

The animations can be converted in max with easily with a couple of clicks. Problem is (like you said) there is so many animations that it would get quite tedious. It'd be much easier if someone knew how to write a script or program that converted all of them at once.

There exists something quite similar basically a bulk converter maxscript upon script spot the issue would be that you have to first import all animations and save them into their individual respective max scenes first in order to make it compatible.

I actually have the majority of my character animations saved in max files so this would be useful for me. It slows down the animations by 2x?

I don't remember the exact specifics but I used it once although I made my animations shorter since I was fiddling with an idle anim at the time but yeah the same principal would apply just in reverse.

Can't for the life of me remember the name or user who made it. What's more frustrating is the extend/reduce feature was more of a bi-product and not really the main point of the script so tracking it down might be more harder.

This isn't it but it may help to try out.

Hmm I suppose I can test it but looks like it's only gonna change frame rates and not the actual timeline.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 18, 2017 03:11 PM (Total replies: 86)

yep if your going to use michelles method it would be best used for a completely fresh tagset as redoing the old one would be a very time consuming and annoying process.

import an animation, convert to 60, re-export. depending on the software, "convert to 60" could be tedious

I haven't touched much modern 3D animation software, but I'd imagine nowadays there would be an option to increase the framerate while retaining the timing of the keys. i don't recall max having that though, and i dont think bluestreak is compatible with modern stuff

The animations can be converted in max with easily with a couple of clicks. Problem is (like you said) there is so many animations that it would get quite tedious. It'd be much easier if someone knew how to write a script or program that converted all of them at once.

There exists something quite similar basically a bulk converter maxscript upon script spot the issue would be that you have to first import all animations and save them into their individual respective max scenes first in order to make it compatible.

I actually have the majority of my character animations saved in max files so this would be useful for me. It slows down the animations by 2x?

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 18, 2017 03:04 AM (Total replies: 86)

Half of these people giving you advice on how to handle a project like this have never produced anything anything interesting themselves.

Don't listen to the people on here, they scare every new comer away. If you think you have a good idea, learn, create, make it happen.

Before you focus on anything else, learn the basics of BSP modeling. Screwing with tags on tutorial.map won't get you very far as I'm sure many of these guys have came to find out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Feb 16, 2017 05:58 AM (Total replies: 95)

10. Crowpath (Church)
9. Arteen (Delta Ruins, many other classics)
8. Tiamat (Hugeass, Coldsnap)
7. Sunny Sharma (Valkryie)
6. Jahrain(Mystic)
5. Yoyorast (Yoyorast Island)
4. EJ Burke (Portent)
3. Neurokoneza (Immure, No Remorse)
2. KiLLa (Hypothermia)
1. Mrs. Doublefire (New Mombasa)
Edited by Ki11erFTW on Feb 16, 2017 at 06:12 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 16, 2017 03:56 AM (Total replies: 11402)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Minotaur
im porting some h2 bsps, with upgrades.
http://i.imgur.com/9qv9U2P.gif

If you want someone to look at your BSP
You'd wanna do it without covering in darkness half the time.
I really shouldn't have to waste so much time trying to figure out what it is I'm looking at.

He prob thinks he can use OS to do dynamic lightmap switching and doesn't realize it won't work like he want it too.

You tard, here are some pics of the map at 2048x1536 (my pc can suport 4k but it starts to dip to below 75fps).
http://i.imgur.com/jdg94Re.jpg
http://imgur.com/zwxmRwU
http://i.imgur.com/uVPv1I3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/N4Zg7Ed.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/92o2Via.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eDIQRsq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HX2Qmk8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/biRRQDC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U3Tsphd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oNQXBxO.jpg

H2 BSP ports? Welcome to 2005.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 11, 2017 04:08 PM (Total replies: 11402)

Bevel, extrude, inset, repeat

Time: Sat October 21, 2017 9:06 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website