A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Gravemind
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 9, 2014 12:01 AM
Interests: stuff
Your Age: 9
What Games do you play: stuff
sucks and is talentless
AIM: Gravemind2401
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Gravemind has contributed to 367 posts out of 421884 total posts (.09%) in 1,972 days (.19 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Apr 9, 2014 12:01 AM (Total replies: 527)

Quote: --- Original message by: SupaTrolol
I'd like to personally thank any and all who have worked on this over the years, even the legendary Gravemind himself, because they built the foundation to what this is now.

The "foundation" would be Alteration, built by Anthony and Detox. From there is where I learned almost everything I know about how the Halo maps work, and they deserve that credit. Legendary is also an overstatement.

Halo CE General Discussion » Poll for Mappers May 22, 2013 11:32 PM (Total replies: 54)

Quote: Do you agree that someone who keeps their work for themselves and shows it off is wrong?*
(zteam, gravemind, protected maps, cmt)

What?

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 17, 2013 01:31 AM (Total replies: 1487)

If you're asking me, I have no idea. Similar to the Adjutant release being unrelated to the tag progress, the tag progress has nothing to do with me. I'm not working on or with the tag porting.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 17, 2013 12:50 AM (Total replies: 1487)

That was a fair while ago, and I didn't "refuse" to do it, I just didn't have plans for it at the time.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 17, 2013 12:11 AM (Total replies: 1487)

It's already been told...
>Work on stuff
>Keep it private for further testing and improvement
>When done, release.
Just like what happened with sounds.

The whole point of not telling about it previously is to avoid crap like the other day, and like with sounds, to have the release as more of a surprise.
Edited by Gravemind on Apr 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 17, 2013 12:04 AM (Total replies: 1487)

"producing a complete tag set and releasing it to the community."
For clarification, this "release" refers to the tag set. The release of Adjutant had nothing to with the progress of the tag port, and it would most likely have been released before a complete tag set (a weapon set or something similar would've been a lot quicker).

As was said earlier, sounds were kept private too; for quite a while, even. It was only when I got the final pieces working that they were released, and I don't see people whinging about that all over the place.

See that Zteam tag release thread? There was mention of further releases, depending on "how things turn out". Obviously, due to the amount of whinging in that thread and this one, things didn't turn out well enough to warrant further releases. Its crap like this that makes people give up on their plans, and even more so, give up on this community.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 13, 2013 10:47 PM (Total replies: 1487)

I don't believe racism is appreciated on this forum regarding the arab comments.
Also screw quoting, you can figure out what I'm talking about on your own.

I never "promised" anything regarding Halo4, nor did I "remove" it an any recent updates. There hasn't been an update since before this crap started and to be honest I don't know how the "trick" to open the maps even works. I tried it and there isn't any option to continue after the exception or to reload the map.

As for the whole "at its core it's not his" crap, that's not true either. The whole point of rewriting it for v3 was to get rid of the Alteration stuff and make my own. As for the research integrity, whether you read information from a textbook or write the textbook yourself, it doesn't change the fact that you learned from it. This being the case, I actually learned and understand all the things I coded, and they weren't a straight up copy and paste without any care for whether it makes sense or not. To further the point, credit was given to people who helped me learn whether or not it was direct help.

Editing the snd! plugin will not help in any way. As I stated before, plugins have nothing to do with actual extraction, all they do is make the meta viewer load different tag classes.

Last of all Zteam has nothing to do with this thread, and over 80 posts worth of unrelated crap isn't really needed.
Edited by Gravemind on Apr 13, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 9, 2013 09:22 AM (Total replies: 1487)

The folder should always exist. It's not a hard-coded path, it always uses the temp folder set by Windows.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 9, 2013 08:20 AM (Total replies: 1487)

Clear your temporary files using Disk Cleanup or something like that, and also check that folder and delete any tmp.xma, tmp.wav, temp_playback.xma and temp_playback.wav files.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 8, 2013 07:07 AM (Total replies: 1487)

Should work fine, make sure you have the newest version of the EMF script (3.3). If you don't, just generate it using Adjutant.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 8, 2013 01:20 AM (Total replies: 1487)

The xma to wav conversion is done by towav, so I can't control the specifics of the output. The best thing to do would be to use something that can batch convert the wav files to ADPCM, like Banshee64 said.

Also, automatic updating got broken in that last update, I fixed it and updated the exe. You'll have to do a forced update to fix it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 7, 2013 09:30 PM (Total replies: 1487)

This is long overdue, but finally here nonetheless.
=======================================================

v3.1.0.0
-Added sound extraction
-Preview sounds before extracting
-ToWav is REQUIRED for .wav extraction and previews
-Read "Raw Extractor > Sound Extractor" in Help for more information

=======================================================

Don't forget to read the help file, and towav is in the OP.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 1, 2013 06:34 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Quote: --- Original message by: Alexis
Surely, it's just an April Fools Joke

^

Quote: --- Original message by: jackrabbit
@ Gravemind I can see your application wont use these plugins at this curent time and read that you say halo 4 is not going to be supported anytime soon, but I can also see that you put alot of work in wile testing these plugins and the small amout of reserch you have done could be quite useful to the developers working on Assembly

Ither these plugins are a total joke or gravemind has broken 343i's raw pageing file algorithm?

however intresting to see these plugins im gessing thay are for another app?
gravemind says thay are real but useless.

just because the code is not working in his program dosent exactly make it use less?

Im alittle confused??? as to answers? what is this exactly? dose this meen you know the first bitmap index in halo 4?

<struct name="Sequences" offset="112" visible="True" size="64">
<string name="Name" offset="0" visible="True" length="32" />
<int16 name="First Bitmap Index" offset="32" visible="True" />
<int16 name="Bitmap Count" offset="34" visible="True" />
<struct name="Sprites" offset="52" visible="True" size="32">
<int32 name="Bitmap Index" offset="0" visible="True" />
<float32 name="Left" offset="8" visible="True" />
<float32 name="Right" offset="12" visible="True" />
<float32 name="Top" offset="16" visible="True" />
<float32 name="Bottom" offset="20" visible="True" />
<float32 name="Reg Point X" offset="24" visible="True" />
<float32 name="Reg Point Y" offset="28" visible="True" />
</struct>
</struct>

Assembly already has all its own plugins. Also, that bitm plugin is exactly the same as Reach.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 1, 2013 12:03 PM (Total replies: 1487)

It's legit.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Apr 1, 2013 11:45 AM (Total replies: 1487)

Whether or not it's an April fool's joke, the plugins are real. However, plugins have nothing to do with extraction, contrary to what many people seem to believe (in which case these are useless anyway).

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Mar 26, 2013 09:44 PM (Total replies: 1487)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_space_partitioning
BSPs are not the same as normal models, and so they obviously can't be extracted the same way.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Mar 20, 2013 04:19 AM (Total replies: 1487)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ecelon
Would it be possible for you to send me the extracted .EMF files for the permutations. I've tried changing some strings in the "Meta Viewer" hoping it would work, and still nothing. Sorry to be such an annoyance mate!

If the meta viewer lets you change values, it must be a pretty old version. Download the one in the link on the first post.
Edited by Gravemind on Mar 20, 2013 at 04:20 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Mar 20, 2013 02:12 AM (Total replies: 1487)

You need version 3 or newer or the Unknown pieces won't appear. I removed the linked EMF files because the permutations should now be extractable normally.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Mar 19, 2013 10:48 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ecelon
I was wondering if anyone knows how to export 'spartan_flair_xxx' models. Seems that I can only extract the ODST chest / ODST Shoulders / Juns Chest piece. I've been trying to figure it out for the past few days, with no luck. Though I did manage to extract them as .obj, but it was 1 single object and would take forever to break them apart!

These permutations can only be exported via the model viewer. Open the spartans model in the viewer, and there should be an "Unknown" permutation. This contains all the different parts which were previously missing, however they will not be correctly named. You can use the viewer to see which part is which, or just extract all of them.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Mar 9, 2013 01:20 AM (Total replies: 1487)

The hull and interior are probably attached in-game using scripts such as the object_attach function in CE. If you want them as one model, you'll need to combine them manually.

Time: Sat December 20, 2014 4:27 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website