A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: XlzQwerty1
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 28, 2013 12:19 AM
Interests:
Your Age: Yes, my age.
What Games do you play:
MORISUMMER!
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
XlzQwerty1 has contributed to 3129 posts out of 462326 total posts (.68%) in 2,824 days (1.11 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 The Pit Sep 28, 2013 12:19 AM (Total replies: 515)

Whatever needs to be done, I can help if you need any help.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 The Pit Sep 26, 2013 09:25 PM (Total replies: 515)

Require any assistance?

Halo CE General Discussion » The Deimos Incident (Innie Thread Take 2) Aug 5, 2013 02:05 AM (Total replies: 90)

I'll have a take on the voice acting please.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » pause game with gamepad? Jun 18, 2013 08:23 PM (Total replies: 19)

I've always used this.

https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

Halo CE General Discussion » Texturing Stuff [Shameless begging for help] Jun 18, 2013 01:21 PM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
I'm pretty sure that the team color changing is part of the multipurpose map, either the blue or the alpha channel. I can't tell because people keep saying it's broken so I don't trust it.

Are you going to yell at me too because you wanted an answer that isn't halo-specific..?

It's the alpha map in halo ce.

Halo CE General Discussion » fp animations? ehlp Jun 17, 2013 03:48 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Blitzkrieg for max 8. Bluestreak for anything higher.

Bluestreak exports models, not animations.

For FP animations, http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3627
try to use the compact version, as I heard that the regular version is somewhat broken for others. I've only used this on max versions up to 2010, so if you're on any max version higher than 2010, I can't guarantee that this will work for you.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] h3 style campaign revamp Jun 15, 2013 11:51 AM (Total replies: 252)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Use some punctuation, please, it's hard to understand what you wrote :'(

For the smoothing groups, this is what Waffles was talking about: you need to weld your vertices. Select your desired vertices in vertex mode, scroll down until you find the "Weld" caption, in the first box write a small number (like 0,001) and then click on "Selected". This will make your faces smoother, but remember that some vertices will need to be rerigged again.

To rig just some vertices, in the skin modifier list, select "Paint weights", and set the size of the brush in the "radius" caption

Vertices won't need to be rerigged in most cases for these ripped models. You can then apply the smoothing groups after welding, or like me, I prefer to apply the smoothing groups before welding because it's much easier to select by element.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] h3 style campaign revamp Jun 13, 2013 10:34 PM (Total replies: 252)

Fix ther smoothing groups

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jun 13, 2013 12:11 AM (Total replies: 11276)

It looks really much like a cliff/rock texture to me, rather than grass. More of a solid earthly terrain right now. If you're trying to create some grass textures, some searches on google give interesting results.

Halo CE General Discussion » Texturing Stuff [Shameless begging for help] Jun 12, 2013 08:02 PM (Total replies: 33)

Canadians may sometimes use American spelling. Modeling is just another way to spell modelling. I suddenly have the urge to tell kirby that it's you're, and not your, but spelling doesn't matter to kirby.
Edited by XlzQwerty1 on Jun 12, 2013 at 08:03 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Texturing Stuff [Shameless begging for help] Jun 12, 2013 06:55 PM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1st of us here figured this all out by working with the tools ourselves, no questions were asked towards anyone but ourselves.
Right now, you feel like one of those people who want to get spoonfed and not even bothering to search this up on google. I've had the same question as you before, in regards to colour change maps; maniac was also the one who gave me an answer

While it's great that people do lend assistance, it sometimes bugs me when people don't at least try to bother with it themselves. Why not look up a tutorial sometimes?

and yet you openly admit that you too had to be given an answer. hypocritical .

As if searching through google is not equal to being given answers to questions.
Edited by XlzQwerty1 on Jun 12, 2013 at 06:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Texturing Stuff [Shameless begging for help] Jun 12, 2013 06:26 PM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: Rosanna Weyland

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422Go find a different forum then, this is a Halo Custom Edition forum.

Well, aren't you just a delightful ray of glowing, friendly and benevolent sunshine?

I may, one day, decide to work on stuff within Halo: CE, who knows? I'm not going to be able to do anything if I don't know how the processes work, and if everyone's attitude were as stuffy as yours nobody would learn anything.

I'm willing to wager you're one of those gnarled veterans who's forgotten what it was like, back in the day when you were getting your hands into this stuff, mmh? Bet you don't remember how frustrating it is, or how many hours you put into learning things so you could do stuff?

Yeah, no. We all start somewhere, we all had to learn at some point. If you don't want to help people or have nothing helpful to offer, then keep your thoughts to yourself. Your attitude is not cultivating a helpful environment for anybody.

EDIT

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
In max, use a composite material, there is a colour correct section for each part of the composite material, add the cc map (mask) there and select the colour you want.

Thank you. If I could bother you further, how would I go about this, exactly? As I said, I've only a very basic working knowledge of 3DS Max, my modelling program of preference tends to be Blender.
Edited by Rosanna Weyland on Jun 12, 2013 at 06:14 PM

Sorry, basically most of us here figured this all out by working with the tools ourselves, no questions were asked towards anyone but ourselves.
Right now, you feel like one of those people who want to get spoonfed and not even bothering to search this up on google. I've had the same question as you before, in regards to colour change maps; maniac was also the one who gave me an answer, and I googled the rest, figured it all out after that.

While it's great that people do lend assistance, it sometimes bugs me when people don't at least try to bother with it themselves. Why not look up a tutorial sometimes?
Edited by XlzQwerty1 on Jun 12, 2013 at 06:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Yoda's tutorial thread Jun 11, 2013 12:41 PM (Total replies: 257)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Yoda, I would love a tutorial on creating a reload animation. I'm having trouble with the whole magazine section of the reload. I can't seem to get the magazine to move with the hand too well. I link the magazine to the left wrist controller, and I can then animate the magazine with the arm, but then Tool gives me an error about how that (reload) animation doesn't fit the node structuring of my other animations.

I also would like if you showed how to do a melee similar to the H1 pistol melee. I have trouble separating the gun from the right hand and making them move independently (I don't know if I have to unlink frame gun from frame r wriste).

Watch Imbrokeru's whole series of videos about first person animation, he explains a lot.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How Tool compiles model files Jun 10, 2013 11:10 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hmm, it does seem to make sense. Nice share!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Zeus Jun 10, 2013 09:07 PM (Total replies: 22)

To be honest, I don't think anyone here in this forum would use this tool, so this release would have little impact unless you do something similar on Windows.

Halo CE General Discussion » Yoda's tutorial thread Jun 10, 2013 11:09 AM (Total replies: 257)

Quote: --- Original message by: ASCENDANTJUSTICE
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
i should make a map.... no clue how to tho, or which program to use of the max's

Really? I would wager that making a custom map is possibly the easiest thing you could achieve in a limited time frame.

anything below 3dsmax 2010 works fine.

However.

You may use an up to date version of max then export your scene (once it is complete) as an OBJ + MTL then open it in a lower version of max which various exporters like and.... well export your model

Bluestreak exporter. There is no need of reexporting to OBJ.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 2 model/bsp extract? Jun 9, 2013 11:34 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: Killer5000
for god sake im talking about flood and shoulder pad marines

for god sake your writing need to be bettre i cnat read whta you tryin to say, and even though w'ere tringy to hlep you.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 2 model/bsp extract? Jun 9, 2013 10:51 PM (Total replies: 8)

These are real halo 2 models from halo 2...

Halo CE General Discussion » Fan Art Jun 8, 2013 09:29 PM (Total replies: 73)

Someone needs to model this, but with two jackal shields on the calfs and another one protecting the grunt stomach and "prophet chin"

I don't see anything wrong with using a used CD key, the only problem that will arise is if both the buyer and seller tries to play on the same server. It's basically like installing the same copy onto another computer...
Edited by XlzQwerty1 on Jun 7, 2013 at 09:21 PM

Time: Sat April 29, 2017 3:27 PM 407 ms.
A Halo Maps Website