A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SlappyThePirate
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 30, 2011 07:14 PM
Occupation: BSPs of all types, HSC scripting, and proficiently familiar with anything else.
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Post Statistics
SlappyThePirate has contributed to 3107 posts out of 464842 total posts (.67%) in 3,035 days (1.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [W.I.P] Night Warfare. Dec 30, 2011 07:14 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: Current polies: 7,773 (Everything is set to editable poly, if I converted it to mesh which I will not do, it would be a higher count)
You should be looking at the tri count, that's what matters. Converting to editable mesh does not increase the number of tris halo renders.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 30, 2011 02:51 PM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: Private Caboose
Tips for CMT that they won't listen to.
LISTEN to the people
so far I've only seen one tag that's actually based off what the community wants.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dano
The problem is, this invalid "every voice shall be heard" criticism way of thinking is what broke the modding scene in this community. Now everything has to conform to this ideal mindset and fall within some invisible bracket no one can see or follow, and progress doesn't happen. People spend too long on a project and it falls apart.

This doesn't happen in other modding communities, who also, seem to produce better more consistent work. All your "criticisms" are, are reflecting ideologies 90 percent of the time and hold no weight what so ever.

This too fat, this too thin, this not bassey enough, needs more cowbell. It will never end. You look for some sort of "problem" as if it's always there and exists and you must find it. "Oh this thing here, I have to find something to pick apart, this must be it here, I dunno derp"

We stare at this stuff for hours on end as we make it. After a certain point you need to realize all of it is intended and we know about it.

Dano 4eva
Edited by SlappyThePirate on Dec 30, 2011 at 03:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 UI Dec 29, 2011 06:43 PM (Total replies: 572)

If you have 'yelo battery' (I think it only works for one version, 1.07 I believe-- so you'll also need version changer), that fixes the stretching. Yelo works for this ui except for one issue so far, or at least so far the last build released here on this thread, and that is the main menu items are aligned slightly to the right of the blue box they are in.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 27, 2011 11:11 PM (Total replies: 12103)

That's because it's in widescreen and Yelo fixes the HUD stretching. It would b harder to see on the far edges of the screen anyway.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo: Duality Dec 27, 2011 04:58 PM (Total replies: 38)

Duals!
Never heard of the dark weapons before, the color change is interesting.

Halo CE General Discussion » Slappy Updates - Warning: Pix Dec 25, 2011 05:01 PM (Total replies: 1751)

Looks like Dennis isn't updating hce.halomaps.org. I was hoping he would do so for the holidays and display Valhalla, but it looks like he only updated the page with the holiday-spartan image.
I would release it here and now, but I know more people would be playing it at one time if it was featured. So maybe I should wait, and let Dennis 'release' it. That way you guys would actually have people to play against.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 UI Dec 25, 2011 04:58 PM (Total replies: 572)

For the millionth time, he'll release a version without the xbox buttons.

Maybe Santa could deliver new maps to the front page of hce.halomaps.org?
ho ho ho

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 UI Dec 24, 2011 09:47 AM (Total replies: 572)

I think that's quite impressive, the color of that bar changes with your profile color.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Model won't build correctly Dec 23, 2011 12:53 PM (Total replies: 18)

Is this a piece of scenery or a vehicle? Sometimes the bounding radius in the scenery or vehicle tag makes stuff not show up. Use values from the most similar stock tag for render bounding radius and bounding radius.

Halo CE General Discussion » Scenery - WIPs Thread [Unofficial] Dec 22, 2011 10:57 PM (Total replies: 34)

Wheatley Guilty Spark mod NAO.
Or space core.
Edited by SlappyThePirate on Dec 22, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Scenery - WIPs Thread [Unofficial] Dec 21, 2011 03:49 PM (Total replies: 34)

Didn't know we had flood scenery in the works. Cool.

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Name Changer Dec 19, 2011 10:09 PM (Total replies: 24)

Well, this will come in handy for all those map mods Dennis has to reject because of "duplicate name". Unless people are just re-uploading the same exact maps over again.
http://twitter.com/HaloCEmaps

Also, if I use capitals, will capital letters show up on the choose map list/server list?
Edited by SlappyThePirate on Dec 19, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 19, 2011 06:02 PM (Total replies: 12103)

Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater

It's not an outline of a helmet. If you look on the helmet you'll see a shape engraved on the visor, this is to help shift the light out of the eyes of the person wearing it. that is what the outline on the screen is supposed to be of.

In other news. I messed with the hud a little to show you guys what it would look like with the changes i suggested. The results, well see for yourself :)

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/403/fixedhud.png

Also added a glow for visual effects and such, let me know what you think.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6440/fixedhudglow.png
Edited by grunt_eater on Dec 19, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Edited by grunt_eater on Dec 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Ew... no way. That's curved way too much, just look at the curve it makes, it doesn't follow the slant of the grenade and weapon sides at all. And glow? The non-static parts of the HUD (meters, numbers) wouldn't look right on top of glowing parts. Trying to hard to look like h3/reach.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 19, 2011 11:24 AM (Total replies: 12103)

I shooped this... just to see what it would look like.
But it seems we're already decided on the health bar and such, which is fine.
Edited by SlappyThePirate on Dec 19, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Dec 18, 2011 09:58 PM (Total replies: 1627)

If you load the level in sapien and terrain doesn't show up but items do and the bsp collision appears to be there, you gotta run lightmaps.
Run tool lightmaps for moarer fastness

tool lightmaps levels\requiem\requiem requiem 0 0.9
^levels\requiem\requiem = scenario file tags\levels\requiem\requiem.scenario
^requiem = requiem.scenario_structure_bsp
^0 = low quality/fast
^0.9 only count down to 0.9/fast
If you get a degenerate triangle error, import debug.wrl into your max scene and fixulate the UVWs.
Open level in sapien again.
If the level is there but is all white (with shadows) then the shaders for the bsp have no bitmaps. Or maybe you didn't name your material slots in max to the names of the shader_environments. Check which shaders are referenced by opening the scenario_structure_bsp in guerilla (this will take a while).
Edited by SlappyThePirate on Dec 18, 2011 at 09:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 18, 2011 09:51 PM (Total replies: 12103)

Way too much page space on an argument about something that's not getting anywhere. Trying to tell Thunda over and over again that he's "got to take crit"/"unprofessional attitude". Trying to get him to start over on a "non-cluttered" HUD. Little feedback on specifics, only a general criticism. Bad bad.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Goes Tron? A Community Project (Idea) Dec 18, 2011 05:20 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: xxx_wankbusta_xxx
iv wached the movie, this is not like the movie, 1/10 u suck
Dunno who you think you are but this blatant trolling isn't funny and you need to stop.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Dec 14, 2011 08:16 PM (Total replies: 1627)

1.0.4d
So yeah you're okay.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Dec 14, 2011 06:04 PM (Total replies: 1627)

Alright, and if your own portals don't work I guess I can send mine as a reference. Try it yourself first though.
Also, I use 2012 and export with portals fine. Just make sure you're using the newest exporter there is.

Time: Thu December 14, 2017 8:18 AM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website