A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: stunt_man
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 26, 2017 11:46 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
GMYF - Now hosting proper MLG gametypes!

Post Statistics
stunt_man has contributed to 784 posts out of 464621 total posts (.17%) in 2,984 days (.26 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Update: I might quit modding Halo CE PC soon Oct 26, 2017 11:46 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: GirtheDoge
As read from the title, I might quit very soon. I'm not quitting because it's too hard too mod(I have been researching day after day on how to make maps and how to get ai tags) because I want to move on to modding console games. The primary reason why I even started on halo ce is because halo ce was the only option for me to make ai battles. In order to mod halo games, on the xbox, you have to own a jtagged xbox which is complicated to make and cost around 150-250 dollars. I plan to save up for a jtagged xbox as soon as I get a job. After I finally get the modded xbox, I might quit playing halo ce pc due to the newer game engines, the complex ai and better gameplay. Im probauly going to start a gaming/modding channel named Sargent 0,my gamertag. I'll give another update just to let you know if I've 100% quit halo pc modding and moved on to modding halo 3 or some other halo game.

My man, you can simply mod for Halo 1 on Xbox. Look at the NHE mod (http://halo1final.com/NHE) a dedicated group of Xbox players still play this fairly regularly on LAN. And you have the benefit of not needing to worry about Gearbox's crappy netcode either.

Halo CE General Discussion » Have HAC2. Don't know what to do pls help!!! Sep 21, 2017 02:34 PM (Total replies: 29)

Guys no one is impressed with your virtue-signalling.

The "unable to join server" message does not inherently mean that he pirated the game. And he's saying it only happens for maps that he doesn't have. This is more indicative of an issue with the auto-downloading than his ethics.

Halo CE General Discussion » Death messages Sep 19, 2017 08:04 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
This thread is not about what I wanted it to be about

Death sounds?

Halo CE General Discussion » Have HAC2. Don't know what to do pls help!!! Sep 19, 2017 08:03 PM (Total replies: 29)

Bruh45: what map are you trying to download? Does it happen with all maps or just a certain map?

Halo CE General Discussion » Have HAC2. Don't know what to do pls help!!! Sep 18, 2017 08:29 PM (Total replies: 29)

What map is running on the server?

Halo CE General Discussion » Have HAC2. Don't know what to do pls help!!! Sep 18, 2017 07:33 PM (Total replies: 29)

Actually you don't need a CD key to join the majority of online servers.

He's probably trying to join server running a map that isn't on the auto-download servers.

Halo CE General Discussion » Chimera Beta Access Sep 17, 2017 04:41 PM (Total replies: 5)

FYI it's my Discord and it's not quite dead.

I didn't want to advertise it here because this community isn't the target demographic for my project. The group was created for competitive players that are looking to either play or learn high-level 2v2 gameplay, and it focuses on my project which includes the Xbox map ports and various tag fixes that bring Custom Edition closer to the original Xbox version of the game.

Fair warning: I'll ban anyone that comes in and starts spewing questions about Chimera or unrelated topics, since the group wasn't made for that. You can get all the Chimera information and downloads you want here: https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6916-chimera-build-49/&page=1

EDIT: actually in an effort to better assign roles, the invite link posted above will no longer work. This is the new invite link (you will be invited to state your business in the welcome channel):

https://discord.gg/PASbNqB
Edited by stunt_man on Sep 17, 2017 at 05:33 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
You can thank yours truely for making this happen

What did he mean by this?

Quote: --- Original message by: theshadow0222
I've been reading up on the subject of CE's splitscreen on PC, and I get it's not possible, but why did gearbox when porting halo decide to remove it?

Another question is that 343 somehow managed to get the Xbox Live coop to support AI in CEA, which, if I'm not mistaken was built off of a build of the PC halo CE, does anyone know how they did it and could similar improvements be made to Custom Edition?

1) Because Gearbox did a piss-poor job of porting this game
2) Because Campaign coop online in HCEA/MCC is not using the Halo PC netcode, it's using Halo xbox LAN netcode, which is "lockstep" (look it up). This is why the off-host player experiences significant input delay, because every single aspect of the gameplay is synced in lockstep networking. It's equivalent to playing original Xbox system link over XBC or XLink Kai. It's taking something that was meant for connections at <10 ms latency and using it for connections with much higher latency. It doesn't break but it performs badly off-host.

Bump. Here's a new dl link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/al8cw34zwai6hal/Bitmap%20plugin.zip?dl=1

Apparently it's uploaded here as well but I couldn't find it.

Would be cool if someone made this for 3ds max 2016
Edited by stunt_man on Dec 5, 2016 at 10:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Streaming CE map making Oct 31, 2016 11:29 PM (Total replies: 51)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
I don't mean to necro but, Is this still a thing?

It could be...

Halo CE General Discussion » A more appropriate thread. Oct 31, 2016 11:29 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: XxPopeAK49xX
I know I made a thread before in regards to leaving. My cousin whom I'm very close to suffered an accident last week. Unfortunately, that accident put her in a coma. I have lost interest in a lot of things. I don't know if I will ever do projects for Halo Custom Edition again. But I won't declare that I'm done for good. Maybe I just need time to settle.

I just want to thank the community for supporting my projects. I also want to give a special thanks to the Storm and the rest of the SBB clan for their support. I enjoyed all the beta testing a laughs.

If I find and old 3ds max files or video archives, I'll do my best to post them here.

Take care Halo CE community,
Pope

My sympathies, wish you the best

Halo CE General Discussion » Graphical Glitch Oct 17, 2016 10:42 AM (Total replies: 9)

A friend of mine had this problem and it was due to outdated Intel Integrated GPU drivers. I think he had the 530 model but the same solution should apply to the 520.

Note that Dell might have their own version of the driver. To install the generic Intel version, you will need to disable Driver Signature Enforcement (a boot option in Windows 10, or simply a check box or something in Win 7/8). You'll get a warning that there might be manufacturer-specific drivers for your model, but you can ignore.

When we put in a support ticket with Dell to tell them about the new update (in hopes that they would update their own version of the driver), we were pleasantly surprised to find that they responded quickly with some questions, so it might be worth flagging them if the generic drivers work for you.

Halo CE General Discussion » New phantom BSP detection method Sep 25, 2016 11:59 AM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
aLTis do you think there's a way to detect other geometry errors like surfaces where nades/projectiles go through? Can't remember if we talked about this. There's a couple spots in vanilla Halo PC Derelict that have those holes. There's a spot on the beach in No Remorse as well.

Most of the time these holes are related to having two separately sealed elements that intersect in the bsp. When it is this type of situation tool outputs a warning. I know of a hole in highground that is not this situation, and currently have not found a solution to the problem. I'm guessing it may be from having extremely small triangles or triangles that are nearly linear. Has anyone experienced one of these holes that was being caused from something other than the first situation I explained?

Yes in vanilla Halo PC Derelict, see:

http://www.halobugs.com/#?b=143

Occurs in Halo PC/CE and MCC.

I think they show a phantom BSP error in that bug as well, but look at the clips or rockets going through the wall/nades going through the floor. I used BSP Tag Converter (the good version) to rip it down to model format and look at the geometry. When recompiling Tool spits out some minor errors, which I fixed, but the holes remain. Only way I've been able to fix them is to chase them down and rebuild the faces. I don't see anything obviously wrong like overlapping surfaces or anything.

Sidenote: if you take the vanilla Derelict BSP and play it on PC, the aforementioned phantom BSP makes it ingame. However, if you take the very same BSP and convert it to Xbox using Arsenic, the phantom BSP isn't in-game. But the holes are. Vertex data stored differently (compressed/uncompressed) for Xbox.

Halo CE General Discussion » New phantom BSP detection method Sep 24, 2016 12:18 PM (Total replies: 30)

aLTis do you think there's a way to detect other geometry errors like surfaces where nades/projectiles go through? Can't remember if we talked about this. There's a couple spots in vanilla Halo PC Derelict that have those holes. There's a spot on the beach in No Remorse as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Sep 9, 2016 10:45 AM (Total replies: 14960)

bumparoo

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Sep 8, 2016 01:17 PM (Total replies: 14960)

bump

Halo CE General Discussion » New phantom BSP detection method Jul 19, 2016 08:43 AM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

You can also turn off gravity in sapien in the tool window and drag objects along their local axises.

You can move objects by holding shift/caps lock and arrow keys. You can rotate them by holding ctrl and arrow keys. And you can change the model of the pivot thing to be less annoying:

aLTis you're a pimp. Thanks

Halo CE General Discussion » Xbox Controller - To use or not to use? Jul 19, 2016 08:41 AM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
I also sorta want a scientific study of the toll and effect that reading my posts both have on the reader.

I.E:

How much energy is exerted.

Total strain.

Positive and negative side effects of lengthy read-through's.

Psychological impacts.

e.t.c

Fixed that for you fam

Halo CE General Discussion » Xbox Controller - To use or not to use? Jul 18, 2016 07:46 AM (Total replies: 28)

Yeah basically you want to use Xpadder for left-stick (assign to WASD and edit deadzone), and XBCD for the right stick deadzone only. At least that's what I do with my original Xbox S controller.

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Would be interested to see a scientific analysis of the pros and cons against both hardware.

When you put a mouse/keyboard player against a controller player, the mouse/keyboard player always has the advantage. Even with player_magnetism, the precision and speed that is achieved only with a mouse makes for manoeuvres that simply aren't possible with a controller. Rockets and sniper are extremely dangerous, and the speed at which you can turn around means that players aren't always punished as hard for making bad plays.
Edited by stunt_man on Jul 18, 2016 at 07:51 AM

Time: Wed November 22, 2017 3:14 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website