A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: GoldeNTacO
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 30, 2012 04:52 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Stout Shako for 2 Refined

Post Statistics
GoldeNTacO has contributed to 180 posts out of 468638 total posts (.04%) in 3,496 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » help with upgrading my pc Jun 30, 2012 04:52 PM (Total replies: 8)

It all depends on your budget. You can build a rig for ~$500 which would be plenty for modern games. I would not recommend an old card like the 3870, for $15 more you can get a previous-gen 6670 which should be plenty for OS. As far as the processor, stick to Intel, they outperform AMD at almost every price point. 4GB RAM at MINIMUM. Unless you're overclocking or using a high-end graphics card, a 500W power supply is the most you'll ever need. I'd give this guide a look, as well as sites like Tom's Hardware or AnandTech for reviews and recommendations.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo FXAA Injector Nov 19, 2011 05:28 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Quote: --- Original message by: GoldeNTacO
Doesn't work for me. Halo starts up and immediately closes.

Yeah, for some reason Halo doesn't like running the mod, so it randomly turns off on start up sometimes. Just try a few times and it should work. And don't press Close on the window that pops up to tell you Halo's not working. Just let the game run. And if it randomly minimizes, bring it back up. It's quite irritating. I don't know why it's doing it. Didn't do it when I first tried. Might be the new version of the Injector that's got the issue.
Edited by Jaz on Nov 19, 2011 at 05:27 PM
Is there an older version I could try?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo FXAA Injector Nov 19, 2011 05:20 PM (Total replies: 18)

Doesn't work for me. Halo starts up and immediately closes.

HCE root folder screenshot:
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3310/hceroot.jpg
Edited by GoldeNTacO on Nov 19, 2011 at 05:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Requiem Oct 23, 2011 03:27 PM (Total replies: 63)

Flashlight flickers for me too.
Radeon HD 4650, Win 7 64-bit.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Halo 2 Trainer FOV Oct 23, 2011 01:02 PM (Total replies: 0)

How do I set the FOV with Blu Trainer? The keyboard shortcut menu says nothing about it, but I know it's possible. I alt-tabbed out of game with the trainer running and when I got back in the FOV was set to some ridiculously high value. I have no idea how I did it or how to do it again. Could someone help me?

Halo CE General Discussion » Question Oct 10, 2011 06:02 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan 279
it doesnt really fit the whole halo feel, tbh, unless it looked futuristic.
Because every Halo mod needs to be exactly like Halo.

But like he said, if you could make the BSP and get the necessary tags, it would be an interesting addition. You could have a Terrorist vs. Secret Service kind of thing, like a CTF variant where the President and some terrorist leader are the flags.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 PC?! :D Sep 5, 2011 09:44 AM (Total replies: 48)

Quote: --- Original message by: rerout343
The simple fact is that most developers simply are not concerned with the modding community, and some are directly opposed(Microsoft). Maybe I am wrong about this, in fact I hope I am, but unfortunately this most likely will be the case.
You are. Why do you think the left the USB feed on the Kinect unencrypted?

Halo CE General Discussion » Command Prompt? Aug 28, 2011 05:23 PM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: chrisk123999
Blind leading the blind. Please ignore the above posts^

Command prompt is part of windows. On your computer you should open up your Halo Custom Edition older, hold down shift and right click. Then click on "open command window here". You can also make a shortcut to cmd.exe in the system32 folder and change the "start in" folder to your Halo Custom Edition folder.
Or you could just copy CMD.exe from System32 into your CE folder like everyone else said. Accomplishes the same thing, really.

Halo CE General Discussion » Forza Motorsport 4 to include... Aug 26, 2011 05:15 PM (Total replies: 20)

Too bad you can't drive it ingame.

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for FOV fix for Halo PC Aug 18, 2011 05:59 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Co1t3r
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2962
This will let you stretch your FOV to whatever you want. There's a newer version for PC but I can't find it anymore.
That versio of Yelo isn't compatible with 1.09, and it looks like the site where the new version was hosted has closed down.
Edited by GoldeNTacO on Aug 18, 2011 at 06:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 18, 2011 01:06 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: ImBrokeRU
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5352/unled2ob.jpg
Reminds me of the alien cave level from Crysis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9cW_aEAo-s

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for FOV fix for Halo PC Aug 16, 2011 06:23 PM (Total replies: 5)

Does anyone know of an FOV fix for Halo PC? Sky's the Limit doesn't seem to work with PC.
Edited by GoldeNTacO on Aug 17, 2011 at 05:50 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] HaloRank Aug 13, 2011 01:39 PM (Total replies: 109)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sean Aero
Sorry about that :/
That's what I got for being too excited about adding kills per hour stats.
Please confirm if it has been fixed.
It's fixed now.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Aug 13, 2011 01:38 PM (Total replies: 8491)

Quote: --- Original message by: rerout343
Just curious, what program is that?

Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane
somewhat stylized jackal in sculpturis, likely going to scrap

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] HaloRank Aug 13, 2011 10:43 AM (Total replies: 109)

Don't know if this is already known, but this error message shows up under my avatar:
Quote: Warning: Division by zero in /home/halorank/public_html/website/main/left_column.php on line 165

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom sounds not working Aug 5, 2011 06:04 PM (Total replies: 3)

Changed bitrate, nothing. Could it have something to do with Windows 7?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom sounds not working Aug 5, 2011 04:32 PM (Total replies: 3)

I've been trying to compile a new rocket launcher fire sound, but when I get it ingame, there's no sound. I set the sampling format to 16-bit PCM, bitrate is 44100Hz, mono. I tried using xbox, ogg, and wav codecs in Tool, no luck.

If you're using Vista/7, right click and go to Run as Administrator.

Halo CE General Discussion » UAC and windows 7? Jul 12, 2011 01:23 PM (Total replies: 35)

EVERYONE MAD

Halo CE General Discussion » how to improve ce graphics Jul 1, 2011 10:30 PM (Total replies: 33)

These tools don't seem to work with Windows 7.

Time: Tue April 23, 2019 1:26 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website