A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: bourrin33
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 30, 2017 07:24 PM
Interests:
Your Age: RAVE AGE
What Games do you play: Halo, halo and moar halo.
HEK not installed tho

Post Statistics
bourrin33 has contributed to 2029 posts out of 464602 total posts (.44%) in 2,955 days (.69 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Extracting 3D-files from game Aug 30, 2017 07:24 PM (Total replies: 4)

He was implying you had halo editing kit (hek) installed, that contains uncompiled source files. Hmmm basically you need to install the hek, rip tags from map files with an extractor and locate lock doors files, then import with the tags.

Or maybe you can grab the gbxmodel with a realtime tag editor, avoiding installing the hek.

Or directly ask people on discord channels, because that's a 2 minutes job.

Sorry not to be more helpful but I didn't use halo s dk for a while

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Inferno 0.1 (demo) Jul 7, 2017 09:02 PM (Total replies: 8)

What's the point of this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Money May 4, 2017 05:36 PM (Total replies: 121)

I just came across this thread and, besides being pointless, I wonder what's the mindset required to write text walls, and how long does it takes to you to write it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 30, 2017 05:06 PM (Total replies: 14960)

Hey, nice stuff !
Could you send me the model of the base of the gun ?

If I find some time, i'd like to experiment with a design I drawed quickly in 2011, like this, if it can give you some inspiration (it's much bulkier than the reach models) :

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mozzarilla v0.9.1 Mar 1, 2017 11:44 AM (Total replies: 84)

That's the tool of my dreams (4 years ago).
Figuring out how collision geometry works was a lot of pain.

Does it import in max the geometry with selection groups/regions named specificly for quick export ?

If you want to know more about that I'll try to find example of full collision model w/regions. Or you can ask Masterz about CMT source collision models as they can be quite complex.

Halo CE General Discussion » My Release[s] Jan 10, 2017 02:37 PM (Total replies: 16)

Who's Bourris ?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jan 5, 2017 09:46 AM (Total replies: 11429)

My problem with the idle anim is that left hand weird movement.
Try to use the curves panel to reduce the intensity of the motion, and eventually adjust curves slopes.
One thing that usually works is always separating ROTATION and MOVEMENT keyframes for each node. It gives a good feeling of smoothness. e.g :

this is the frame I use(d) for wriste controller in fp anims
edit : green is rotation only frame, red is motion and blue is scale (which I used to open the hand fully since I have finger controllers linked to the wrist controller). You can delete keys specifically by right clicking on the keyframe markers in the timebar.
Edited by bourrin33 on Jan 5, 2017 at 09:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Dec 30, 2016 09:47 PM (Total replies: 11429)

Maybe you can add some light/laser beams as a support for the holographic map

Halo CE General Discussion » [PUBLIC BETA] Mozzarilla 0.8.22 Dec 30, 2016 09:34 PM (Total replies: 7)

Exporting block elements ? I remember dreaming of this, sounds great.
How about bookmarking tag files?
Edited by bourrin33 on Dec 30, 2016 at 09:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Sep 30, 2016 05:51 PM (Total replies: 14960)

Looks good, now time to make things on a larger scale

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Sep 10, 2016 05:40 PM (Total replies: 11429)

tbh I didn't find it harder than polygon or worse, mesh modeling

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Sep 9, 2016 06:41 PM (Total replies: 11429)

You could try a tutorial about patch modeling if you want surfaces like this easily.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Sep 9, 2016 03:55 AM (Total replies: 14960)

^Here is an explaintation https://www.gov.uk/intellectual-property-an-overview/what-ip-is
Nice job Flanker, but there is a lot of the lowpoly triangulation that I find weird, don"t you have a version with flat quads only ? it would help me to understand it better. Oh and is the whole weapon on 1 smoothing group ? Because if so, they look bad when ported in halo CE

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Sep 7, 2016 04:10 PM (Total replies: 401)

No idea if you know about that, but you should use filterforge for your textures, there are lots of bitmaps with bump AO and specular for free, and it's pretty good, I used it for bigass bases and a few things. And you could try to do like mootjuh suggested, using a blended shader to give more variations to the texture, like the ground maps. This way you could use one detail map for parts that are more worn off or were shot and use the rest somewhere else, + details for color etc on the main map. Rip bigass bases to know more (Hey, flagging my stuffz again !)
https://www.filterforge.com/filters/category47-page1.html
Edited by bourrin33 on Sep 7, 2016 at 04:57 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » BigassV3 Weapon Skins Contest! Sep 6, 2016 02:36 PM (Total replies: 109)

I'm gathering stock psd files of things I made.
Here is the texture of the DMR I originaly wanted in bigass :

I'll post links later

Quote: --- Original message by: HyperSean
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
The endless story of the ripper blaming the ripper

Marvelously put.

So why is it wrong of me to not want unoptimized crap being used in even crappier maps?

I'd figure just releasing it is generous enough.

I never told you to do so. It's even better if you release the source along with it
Edited by bourrin33 on Aug 28, 2016 at 05:28 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » BigassV3 Weapon Skins Contest! Aug 27, 2016 08:24 AM (Total replies: 109)

so you give the source but not the AO, few layers that helps texturing and anything ?

The endless story of the ripper blaming the ripper

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Aug 19, 2016 03:49 PM (Total replies: 401)

@flanker
why not put a rock scenery over this, fixed.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 17, 2016 11:30 AM (Total replies: 11429)

@halolamininatator
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrada

here is one decent monstriousity seen in scanning electron microscopy

leeches also bears some horrible details.

basically googling "scanning electron microscopy ugly" gives the inspiration you need.
https://www.google.com/search?..._AUIBigB
Edited by bourrin33 on Aug 17, 2016 at 11:35 AM

*admin fixed link
Edited by Dennis on Aug 18, 2016 at 06:12 PM

Time: Mon November 20, 2017 12:33 PM 985 ms.
A Halo Maps Website