A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Darkhearted
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 17, 2009 11:40 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Darkhearted has contributed to 5 posts out of 467774 total posts (0.00%) in 3,315 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Maps crashing??? WTF Nov 17, 2009 11:40 PM (Total replies: 0)

Well im having an issue where my maps will crash when i try to mod certain things. I used Gravemind (not sure if any of you have used it, but its great for meta editing, and the best program ive used so far.), to make the rocket launcher fire a warthog from the sky to wherever you aim. I load the map to test it, and the game loads, but suddenly the screen goes black and the game crashes. So i changed the "projectile" to something else, like the pelican rocket, and it still crashes. I changed the projectile back to the original, and it still crashes. I followed a tutorial online to change the X Y and Z of where the projectile fires from and all that, yet it still crashes. I'm going to have to backup the map next time i do this. Is there any fix to this at all? I've seen videos of Halo 2 mods of people firing our vehicles, bipeds, etc. with weapons. If someone could point me toward a tutorial or explain why this happens that would be great thanks.
Edited by Darkhearted on Nov 17, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Help with Sapien? Nov 15, 2009 01:14 PM (Total replies: 6)

Thanks :D. I found some in there but theres only one or two, and they don't belong to the campaign or the multiplayer maps. Can i edit those at all? Or is there a way to turn those into .MAP files?
Edited by Darkhearted on Nov 15, 2009 at 01:15 PM

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Help with Sapien? Nov 14, 2009 09:05 PM (Total replies: 6)

Sorry, lol. But i meant Halo 2? That's what I want to mod. Isn't Sapien used for Halo 2?

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Help with Sapien? Nov 14, 2009 08:55 PM (Total replies: 6)

Sorry if this sounds extremely newby but i just installed Halo, and im wondering how do i use Sapien? Where are the scenario files? I can't find them anywhere and all that comes up when i double-click Sapien is a search box for my computer.

Hey everyone. I'm new to the modding of halo 2. I recently ordered it from Amazon because i love modding/editing things like this. I got it after i modded Halo: CE with HMT 3.5 and got bored and wanted to go furher. So i'm wondering. How do i start out? My friend told me to download h2Guerilla. I downloaded it. (Still waiting for halo install to finish), so i just want to know how it all works. Is it anything like HMT 3.5? Just hex editing, etc? Can i put new enemies, NPC's, etc in a map? If someone could point me towards a tutorial or something so i could get started, that would be great. Thanks in advance :)

Time: Tue December 11, 2018 7:24 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website