A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: iHalo
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 10, 2014 01:23 PM
Interests: Halo, CGI
Your Age: 14; Durp!
What Games do you play: Halo Series
Modeling ::Royal Carribean's Oasis of the Seas::
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
iHalo has contributed to 833 posts out of 464316 total posts (.18%) in 2,877 days (.29 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jun 10, 2014 01:23 PM (Total replies: 945)

HOLY BSP EXTRACTION.

Halo CE General Discussion » Goodbye Feb 22, 2013 12:46 AM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
@ iHalo,
I don't believe this gravemind here working on adjudant is the same person who worked on the gravemind tool for halo 2.

My bad then, misinformed by me. None the less, he has still helped me a load with the ripping this year.

Halo CE General Discussion » Goodbye Feb 21, 2013 11:26 PM (Total replies: 21)

It has been good times.. I haven't touched Halo in a very long time, since I'm the ripper, I just released everything I had and left. I still look back at this forum and read all of it.

I still sometimes miss the fights, and all the drama, the fact we could get over them, and learn from them is what built up this community even if Dennis had to intervene sometimes...

Fighting the trolls together and what not, haha. I am not gonna lie, I started using 3ds back when it was owned by discreet, when I was 7. iBotModz, and Se7enSins started my true social life when I was like 11.. and then I found HaloMaps and did this for years.. Since 2007 (being banned once) until now. It's not 2013, that is crazy to think about.. I am about to turn 18, I have my eyes on a place and me and my friend and I are going to move out together and start our lives. I have so much going for me, not trying to be cocky, but I am just saying this site has done so much. Talking to people with similar interests was probably the greatest fun I had over the years.. No matter how many parties, bonfires, raves, concerts, festivals, fairs, etc, no matter how much beer, drugs, or hot girls you have, no matter how cool you think you are, I got to say this is the only place I could have a real enjoyable conversation because people knew what you were talking about... It's been fun.

I love this site, and in 10 years, I will definitely come back and see how it's changed (if it is still here) It'd be nice to mess around with the 2023 noobs, haha (:

Floyd, we haven't talked in ages, I haven't talked to anyone here in ages. Mainly because Xfire got annoying so I uninstalled... but if anyone ever wants to talk, I still use AIM, my name is "MeleeLite". Feel free to talk to me. I am on a new computer with no Halo stuff, so please don't ask for anything, but I may still be able to talk, or if you just want to talk about whats been going on, cause it's been forever...

I feel like this is high school before social media.. We are all going to split and never talk to each other again, and we will probably never find each other... Kind of sad when you really think about it... You cannot say this hasn't been a part of your life.. This community is special, and we have grown over the years. The amount of content and extensive research that's been done is incredible... The entire workload of map making here, I bet there is solid straight YEARS of work added up together in all of us from this site.

All the maps I made even if I never showed, a personal favorite I made was a map where you are a Mark VI Spartan on the HD Wasp I modeled, with 2 Recon spartans with Rocket launcher, and you can fire the Wasp weapons, and it was a snowy level where you have to fight through. Personal favorite, and very fun, I had this computer called a UX-180p, and I installed CE on it and played that all day long.

I'm not gonna lie, even though to each other we are literally just names on a screen, that eventually mean nothing to one another, I will surely miss you guys, and this was several years of my life, so I will always remember.

I would also like to say my goodbyes and thanks!

DEElekgolo (DEEhunter): I remember gifting you a game on steam for Halo 3 Beta models, I was desperate, I look back and laugh at that, but it happened, and it was part of the whole experience of being here. You really tought me alot about how game engines work, such as geometry, bsps, lighting, etc. You knocked some sense into me that I had to work if I wanted something, not beg for it. Also incredible 3ds max material/shader work.
Spartan094: My main man in Halo right here, we ripped and released everything. Crazy times, and good talks.
DarkHalo003: Really wanted to help out on Halo: Aero. It never happened, but I appreciate it, good times.
JoshFlighter: Blew me away with your models, inspired me to model the Oasis of the Seas and build something incredible outside of my comfort zone.
ODX: Animations were raw, I always loved the animation side of HM, there was little, but when their was, it was great competition.
CLS_Grunt: Back when I was a noob (on my old account), you showed me how this place works, and what to do and not to do. You were the first ever to give me hard crit, I got mad, but you eventually taught me how to properly handle crit and how to use it to better your works and yourself. Big help even in life tbh, opened my eyes on other people's perspectives rather than just getting mad.
Advancebo: That test map. I miss that, not gonna lie. The white Halo 3 Banshee, and the assault rifle, bumps maps, the Halo 3 frigate, blowing stuff up. We always talked and fought and learned about Halo, talking about canon and what not, I had some crazy good times with you here until you randomly disappeared one day...
Higuy: Another one for hard crit, I thank you, and you have made some insane maps and personal favorites of mine.. I always wanted to make maps as good as you, although I never got there, I give you props, major inspiration to bring my 3D creations to life within an engine.
Jesse, another amazing community member, with amazing content. loljesse.
HDoan: Modeling inspiration like crazy. Glad you got that one commercial, and the only person from here I've ever added on facebook.
E3pO: None the less, one of the greatest people here, with your ups and downs, you've done so much for this community it's not even funny.
WMHunter: Amazing modeling, EXTREME crit, but it was all worth it in the end.

...and I won't forget

Gamma927: The amazing scripter.
Gravemind: All the way back to Halo 2PC Mods, up to Adjundant, you've made some serious progress, and I've always loved you work, and you have helped me in the ripping process incredibly much.
Kornman00: for almost starting the halo modding foundation and doing almost more than half of all the tag research.
TheGhost: The Blitzkreig Project that made this community possible after 3ds max 8.
BeachParty: We had our CryEngine game obliterated, and shut down. Yes we used some rips, but the weeks and weeks of modeling all the content for that game was incredible. We talked for WEEKS and spent every night on MSN making logos and models, and eventually quit talking due to the huge time difference in our time zones, then you just disappeared, you were one of my favorites.
Grunt (Something): I don't remember this one guys name, but he gave me my first rip (other than the Spartans), a Halo 3 grunt, and since I cherished it, I made my first super shader on that model, eventually leading to the Wraith, which is one of the best shader jobs anyone has seen here.
StatutoryTrOy: I still feel like an ass for accidentily leaking your Guardian map in my iHalo release! (Sorry!)
Mothergoat: AMAZING Soundtracks, and thank you so much for building the Wasp. What If I told you I was building it in real life? ;)
(DA) Ender: For Extinction, the #1 map on here, and starting my tagset by ripping that monster even though it's just loaded with noob stuff, it's an amazing start for a tagset.
Tiamat: Hugeass and Coldsnap: 2 huge starter maps aswell, we all had out fun on them at one point.
EDJ Burke: My favorite and most beautiful map out there, Portent.
Jahrain and YoMamma: For all the Halo 2 xbox modding tools, the first CC Halo 2 Chief, and for my second favorite map, Mystic. Very beautiful.
Yoyorast: For the amazing race maps
{DHG} Vista: The Floods Series
???: Whoever made the original RPG series maps (COOLAID/Gibbo?)

I feel like I am missing an extensive amount of people I would like to acknowledge, and I feel bad they don't pop up in my head, as I feel giving due respect for being a major part of my childhood, but it is what it is. I love you guys. This site, and it's content has provided me with HUNDREDS of HOURS of fun in my life, along with developing for it, even playing with friends in real life it triggers thousands of memories, fights, and fun in these forums over the years.

Well I've been writing for a while, and just know Halo will always live in my heart. <3
I love HaloMaps, as a huge part of my life. As Bungie would say, See you starside.

Edited by iHalo on Feb 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 detachable turrents Dec 23, 2012 02:06 AM (Total replies: 46)

Quote: --- Original message by: licon4812
is there any Halo 3 detachable turrent tags and if there is send me a link to the tags and the map there in if there in a map and if there is no tags or maps then can somebody make some

TURRET.

T.U.R.R.E.T.

IN HALO 4 YOU CAN USE A DETACHABLE MACHINE GUN TURRET.

TURRET.

It is NOT a "turrent" jesus...

DEFINITION OF: TURRENT

1. A common misspelling of the word "turret," usually made by people with a fourth-grade education.
Turrents r kOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOURCE: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=turrent

Edited by iHalo on Dec 23, 2012 at 02:08 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 18, 2012 01:07 AM (Total replies: 4973)

Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64

Edited by killzone64 on Dec 14, 2012 at 09:25 AM

I HATE the Reach Banshee, but so much sex on those shaders, i cannot believe that this is CE. Wow, much better than I thought would ever be possible, let alone an almost IDENTICAL Valhalla. Totally threw me off, I love it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] RPG_Beta7 Dec 11, 2012 02:16 AM (Total replies: 234)

Quote: --- Original message by: OpsY
The Halo 3 POA? She's a beauty. Is the model fully fixed? I'd like it. Although I cannot fit it inside the map unless I decided to go all-OS. I'm already full, everywhere. 50 000 polies of BSP, about the same amount in different elements (Boarding crafts, Longswords and other devices). I'm pretty much maxed up content-wise. I would very much like to work and create an interior for the ship however!

There is now POA in Halo 3. This is from Halo Reach, and yes it is 49,554 polies. MaxFile is 2013, model is fixed. Includes .3ds export.

http://ihalo.org/halo/reachassets/halycon_reach.zip

Quote: --- Original message by: SilentJacket
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo
http://ihalo.org/3ds/POA-3ds.jpg

Want for the map?

could you send me the link?

I'm going to try and print it with a 3d printer

Do you REALLY have one? Does it support textures? I want to print 343 GS, I had a company that would print him in Aluminum with the texture, and I was gonna make him light up myself with LEDS and batteries, which is cool and all but it was $2800 to print it, I was like noo way
Edited by iHalo on Dec 11, 2012 at 02:17 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] RPG_Beta7 Dec 10, 2012 05:47 PM (Total replies: 234)

Want for the map?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Dec 10, 2012 04:29 PM (Total replies: 8455)

Quote: --- Original message by: ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE servers being shut down Dec 10, 2012 12:47 AM (Total replies: 335)

Quote: --- Original message by: SilentJacket

It's allready in progress 0.o

http://www.crydev.net/newspage.php?news=102871

their website:
http://www.bvgstudios.net/h6-galaxy-of-combat
Edited by SilentJacket on Dec 9, 2012 at 05:20 PM

Lol they are using Halo: Aero ODSTs. I got so much flame for ripping when I was working on that, even got C&D'd by Creydev. However all the custom content that was left is in that video. I'm well over it, but lmao. That is pathetic. Their whole team hates me, because I joined, showed them all up, and then deleted their facebook page after they gave me admin, they were devastated. There game was so much more in-depth and had so much more content than it does now, and the main dude was RAGING at me because they stored all the data on facebook and I forever deleted it.

>they stored all the data on facebook
No one had a backup. That is when I felt no regret. Lol, and now they use custom content from my game which they all were oh-so against. LOL.

Who the hell saves such a MASSIVE project on facebook? Let alone, ONLY facebook. Just, wow.

EDIT: BTW that trailer consist of crappy models placed over current Crytek animations colored using the default editor, not-UV'd or textured, just colored. I told them their modeler, sucked, got flamed. Look at this amazing trailer they cam up with to show the world. There is no plot, or anything behind the trailer.The ODST pod cutscenes can be made in 5 seconds in CE3, and half those levels are sample levels, along with some custom levels, however making a level in CE3 is so simple when it comes to landscape, that they did no extra work. no forerunner/buildings/etc, just a classic raise/lower tools, and tree and water placement.

They just have a fancy website, and a team of 7 15 year olds, probabaly 17 now.

Want to see a REAL CE3 mod? This guys hpcwarlord, MAJOR props, 1 man team, he knows what he's doing. Check out his vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acx3rusqY10&list=UUDDMFZVVAzCZRhsm1nqqKeg&index=49

EDIT 2: Not only do they put together a crap trailer... Look at one of their renders on the HOMEPAGE of Crydec.

Look in that little tube on the right wall (Where the sentinels would come out) Look like they deleted a couple faces in there, and simply capped it with the border tool, some TERRIBLE planars in there...
Edited by iHalo on Dec 10, 2012 at 01:00 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Map project. Dec 8, 2012 01:51 AM (Total replies: 17)

What the hell do you guys watch.. dear god...

Dennis, with the utmost respect, may you PLEASE ban all the damn trolls. Clearly they made accounts to annoy the forum. They aren't members who are given a fair chance in before being banned, their entire purpose is to simply annoy people here, and you know that. I know we're supposed to be "mature" and handle it ourselves, but to be honest, ain't nobody got time for that. I am very impatient, and it's just frustrating to come home from school, and see the same immaturity here. (I know not to expect maturity on the Internet, but most of the members here come for CE content discussion.)

It's all like 2 or 3 guys, please just get the stupidity over with and block their IPs. I'm sure 99% of the forum would agree. I haven't visited in ages, and now I am finally back to see some fresh new content, and after being back 2 weeks, it's back to the same old trollage. I am trying to be polite, unlike the fight I had with you last time in 2009 to end up getting me banned. (I was stupid back then.) But I think I could speak for most of the forum in this post. Please just ban them, and lock this thread. I don't see how this is negative in any way, but if you find it so, please don't take it like that, as it's not my intention. Just want some clarity, so we can get back on topic.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 4, 2012 11:27 PM (Total replies: 4973)

Halo 7: Leaked Screenshots

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP]Intensity map project. Nov 19, 2012 03:24 PM (Total replies: 139)

Quote: --- Original message by: TheElitePro

Open globals in guerilla or in sapien?
Edited by TheElitePro on Sep 27, 2012 at 09:53 AM

Good luck with your project.

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I port models into 3DS Max? Nov 18, 2012 09:13 AM (Total replies: 7)

Invest some time in this instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NFSK_MODnM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 phantom pieces Nov 17, 2012 05:03 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: ForeRunner
huge thanks!!
If u have the time i would be grateful with halo 3 ones, because they were like complete pieces and understandable that these were phantoms, but take your time! :)

Thanks again!

No problem, I'm busy at the moment, but I should be able to do it soon

Halo CE General Discussion » Lightmaps in 3ds max Nov 17, 2012 04:43 PM (Total replies: 5)

There was an app along time ago, I believe made by DEElekgolo that would, if I'm not mistaken, it may have only exported them using the daylight system.

EDIT: Found it, seems to be have made by TheFieryScythe , and I'm not sure if you can import..

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4312
Edited by iHalo on Nov 17, 2012 at 04:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 phantom pieces Nov 17, 2012 04:14 PM (Total replies: 4)

Here ya go.

.max is 2013.
Exports in .3ds, and .fbx

Phantom-unedited.max is Full Phantom
Phantom-pieces.max are all the garbage pieces next to each other.

http://ihalo.org/3ds/phantom.rar

EDIT: Models have not been fixed. There is no flipped faces, however you should weld verts to lower poly-count.

EDIT 2: My bad, you said Halo 3... this is Halo: Reach... you can use this, however if it bothers you that much, I can get Halo 3 phantom/pieces.

Edited by iHalo on Nov 17, 2012 at 04:15 PM
Edited by iHalo on Nov 17, 2012 at 04:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Nov 17, 2012 03:26 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
Oh shi! thats pretty cool, didnt even know about showcase.

It's awesome, I am publishing (showcase's word for render) a 30 second orbit around it, with an environment and raytracing in 1080p. i will share when done.

The raytracing looks amazing, but my PC isn't quick enough to do it real time, so I am rendering it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [App] Adjutant 2 Nov 17, 2012 03:11 PM (Total replies: 1487)

Another ghost render.

Using Autodesk Showcase 2013, a program useful for making photo-realistic realtime renders. I am new to it, but learning more about how it's shaders work everyday
Liking my results, but it's possible to get it looking VERY real, I'd need an environment though.

Any particular things people want me to render using this? I wouldn't mind the practice.

EDIT: (Copy URL/Right-Click View Full Image for HD res)
Edited by iHalo on Nov 17, 2012 at 03:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Oh the nostalgia... Nov 16, 2012 03:12 PM (Total replies: 44)

I got so much spam on Xfire of people asking for rips, and stuff. I am glad to help, but it just got too annoying when I was busy, so I deleted it.

Time: Fri October 20, 2017 11:08 PM 547 ms.
A Halo Maps Website